Wanted Led lighting

• Thread starter marc2341
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
I see someone mentioned black dog and I just want to say I would steer clear of them. I saw a member on rollitup used one for only 2 or 3 years before his yield started to drop right off and had to replace with hlg light and yield was back where it was supposed to be. With a light that costs what 2000 I would expect it to last more than a few years.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I see someone mentioned black dog and I just want to say I would steer clear of them. I saw a member on rollitup used one for only 2 or 3 years before his yield started to drop right off and had to replace with hlg light and yield was back where it was supposed to be. With a light that costs what 2000 I would expect it to last more than a few years.
Yeah pretty much the more diodes per watt the longer it will last. Of course quality of the diodes and components matter also along with the intensity its driven at. 80% seems to be the generally accepted range for that and some companies account for that by limiting the potentiometer

GoblinSmasher

GoblinSmasher

Yeah pretty much the more diodes per watt the longer it will last. Of course quality of the diodes and components matter also along with the intensity its driven at. 80% seems to be the generally accepted range for that and some companies account for that by limiting the potentiometer

Sounds like a good place on the product to put a fault in order to make it burn out right after the warranty runs out.

Nah dont listen to me, I am just suspicious of corporations.

Aqua: i will try to look into mods. Seems like an easy enough thing to do when you know what to do

Magellan14

Magellan14

With Black Dog not only are us in the USA getting amazing service and support but they designed and build them in the USA and they are a USA company. Plus not only are you getting a quality unit you are getting a spectrum beyond most LED fixtures. They call it beyond par.

IMG 0093

GoblinSmasher

GoblinSmasher

I did not realize this was your thread.

Its not. I am just trying to follow this forums guidelines about led discussion.

Such discussion have formerly been moved to that thread. In order to keep threads on point without much offthread discussion.

M

marc2341

I would recommend Kingbrite. I have had great success with all light products they offer. I also recommend getting one that has CREE or Epistar and has UV function. Also you would pay basically dollar for dollar. If you need guidance on process feel free to dm
Thank you for ur message I will look into your recommendation

Top Bottom