Led Lighting

• Thread starter Stevo160
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stevo160

Hello everyone.
I know there is an immense amount of info on here on this topic, however I'm about 2 weeks or less away from starting my first grow . For my 3x3 tent I've bought a 600w reflector series Viparspectra light and for the most part I've heard great reviews on this light and I've seen people's yields on YouTube and such.
I'd just like to know if anyone has had experience using this light solo throughout an entire grow (with autos) and if you were satisfied. Recently I've been reading old posts on multiple sites where people are upset about the high blue spectrum and say that this light sucks for flowering.
Is this true? Would I be able to fix this by adding another led panel like a 300w galaxyhydro?

Note: I'm on a budget and can't spend 1k on lights as of now, just trying to get my feet wet and do things the best I can.
Thanks

S

Stevo160

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I definitely do intend to get better brands in the future but for the time being I'm going to add another light. I'm thinking of getting the Marshydro 480 reflector, haven't see any bad reviews and it has a better red:blue ratio

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I definitely do intend to get better brands in the future but for the time being I'm going to add another light. I'm thinking of getting the Marshydro 480 reflector, haven't see any bad reviews and it has a better red:blue ratio
I would probably go with two galaxyhydro 300s one on each side.

S

Stevo160

You think that'll be better than using the 480 on one side and the 600 on the other ?

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I have a ViparSpectra 450watt LED, only used it for veg though. One thing I can tell you is it can be pretty rough on seedlings. My veg tent is kinda short and with my light at full power I stunted the hell out of them.
I'm surprised your light doesn't have adjustments for the spectrum outputs, I thought they all did, (ViparSpectra). Mine has red, white, and blue spectrum adjustment from off to full power.
If you plan to go from seed to flower under that light be careful to have it well away from them to start out if you can't turn the power down, or maybe put seedlings under a t5 for a bit before going under it to avoid stressing the hell out of them and stunting them like I did.
Good luck with it man!

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I have a ViparSpectra 450watt LED, only used it for veg though. One thing I can tell you is it can be pretty rough on seedlings. My veg tent is kinda short and with my light at full power I stunted the hell out of them.
I'm surprised your light doesn't have adjustments for the spectrum outputs, I thought they all did, (ViparSpectra). Mine has red, white, and blue spectrum adjustment from off to full power.
If you plan to go from seed to flower under that light be careful to have it well away from them to start out if you can't turn the power down, or maybe put seedlings under a t5 for a bit before going under it to avoid stressing the hell out of them and stunting them like I did.
Good luck with it man!
I did have the red turned down.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Good luck with it man!
It was my first run with it and I hadn't used any LED's for a few years, a little more intense than they used to be!

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

The light I want, an led, has a dimmer from 10-100%.

Plus I veg under cfl for the first 20 days, then cfl + T5 + a led bulb. Then all lights together

Taper things up slowly

Top Bottom