LED Lights and color.

• Thread starter jnrg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jnrg

jnrg

So, my new 1200w LED has arrived, it has a veg and bloom mode. veg being all blue, the bloom being blue, red and a few infrared leds. Now, does the color truly matter, will my plant do better either

A) All veg the whole grow
B) All bloom the whole grow
C) Switching between veg and bloom

I've wondered this ever since i started learning about how to grow cannabis.
Please if anyone can give me any information on this just reply to this thread thank you.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Proper light intensity is more important than spectrum for the different stages of growth.

Providing you are meeting this.

A blue dominant spectrum will keep the node spacing tighter giving more compact growth generally favored for veg and stretch.

A more red dominant spectrum is favored for bud development and will cause longer node spacing or stretching in veg.

Depending on genetics you may want one or the other or both.

Generally I would say both but in doing so you will need to raise the light more in earlier stages of growth to do so.

Often people just use the blue to keep stretching down and keep a lower intensity.

So either blue or both for veg and both in flower. If not using both in flower generally you will not meet the ideal intensity for flower.

FatManatee

FatManatee

Using Viparspectra lights I got the best results when blue channel was on for veg, and both channels on for flower. This is what their customer support also recommended.

If looking for the best spectrum, my recommendation is 3000K+6000K+440nm blue for veg, 3000k+660nm+680nm+730nm for flowering, with added UV-B light for last half of flowering. 730nm far-red is really important in flowering, this spectrum enables the plant to create multiple different flowering hormones that; increase the speed of the transistion to flowering, increases amount of bud sites, speeds up overall flowering time and increases the yields substantially, even though only a few watts of electricity are needed for this spectrum.

BigCube

BigCube

Remember your 300w fixture is only running at like 125w in veg mode. Most of the lights will be off. This is usually not enough for the plant. Hence why I suggested keeping both on the entire time. Most fixtures with bloom and veg switches veg very poorly because people dont understand more than half the par, lumens or watts are not being used. And they by the led based on the advertised wattage, advertised wattage is always with both veg and bloom switches on.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Remember your 300w fixture is only running at like 125w in veg mode. Most of the lights will be off. This is usually not enough for the plant. Hence why I suggested keeping both on the entire time. Most fixtures with bloom and veg switches veg very poorly because people dont understand more than half the par, lumens or watts are not being used. And they by the led based on the advertised wattage, advertised wattage is always with both veg and bloom switches on.
+1

Ace9137

Ace9137

So, my new 1200w LED has arrived, it has a veg and bloom mode. veg being all blue, the bloom being blue, red and a few infrared leds. Now, does the color truly matter, will my plant do better either

A) All veg the whole grow
B) All bloom the whole grow
C) Switching between veg and bloom

I've wondered this ever since i started learning about how to grow cannabis.
Please if anyone can give me any information on this just reply to this thread thank you.
What brand?

jnrg

jnrg

I had Meizhi brand, similar stuff, it is an okay lamp, to be honest I would not run them past a 12/12 schedule, if you do it may impact it's life span, this my experience with my brand.
Thank you, i didn't even take into consideration the life-span of the light. But wouldn't a 12/12 schedule make my plants go into flower?

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Get some bluple LED filtering glasses to protect your eyes also, Method 7...
Hmm I have read a lot and unless you stare at the light fo longer then anyone wants to ....u can get damage but just working with a tent, in my case.i don’t have a problem with the led , I have 2 300w and some 40 watt side lights ,
☺️😎
Blessings and happy growing 😉😎

Ace9137

Ace9137

Thank you, i didn't even take into consideration the life-span of the light. But wouldn't a 12/12 schedule make my plants go into flower?
Read some of the statements when you purchase those lights, they tell you how long you can run them. You can run them 16/8 or 18/6, but I would minus about 20% of life off of that estimate. I ran mine two years and a few months at fluctuating schedules of 18/6 and 16/8, then down to 12/12, they were supposed to last 50,000 hours. Don't get me wrong, they are good lights, just make sure you have at least a two year warranty.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Read some of the statements when you purchase those lights, they tell you how long you can run them. You can run them 16/8 or 18/6, but I would minus about 20% of life off of that estimate. I ran mine two years and a few months at fluctuating schedules of 18/6 and 16/8, then down to 12/12, they were supposed to last 50,000 hours. Don't get me wrong, they are good lights, just make sure you have at least a two year warranty.
Yeah then run hot AF

jnrg

jnrg

Thanks for the advice mate 👍😁

jnrg

jnrg

The light came with a 2 Year warranty, they say the light can run 10 - 16hrs a day

Ace9137

Ace9137

The light came with a 2 Year warranty, they say the light can run 10 - 16hrs a day
that is awesome actually, I prefer a 16/8 time frame for veg, of course this is my preference, when you get a chance show us your grow with it once established.

Top Bottom