Led Lights And Unfinished Buds?

• Thread starter cottageman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

DSCN0929
Not cob's, but 270 wall watts in a 3x4 area.

cottageman

cottageman

You'll need more for a warehouse. Lol
yeah obviously, you'd need about 650w to replace a 100w hps with that led configuration but it will be a perfect test run cause I am still new to growing with led's. I need a few runs to dial it in and then I can scale it up to the warehouse setting.

New school

New school

yeah obviously, you'd need about 650w to replace a 100w hps with that led configuration but it will be a perfect test run cause I am still new to growing with led's. I need a few runs to dial it in and then I can scale it up to the warehouse setting.
That many leds will cost a small fortune. Yes there ia a learning curve doesn't matter cobs, strips or quantum boards. Oh and it's a 1000w hps.

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

FFF63535 6ECC 4A68 989B 93AB1DFB8214
7E81D33A 52DD 4CCC B2A4 4174EDA03417
6D35EF4F 42B7 45C5 937C 1EC39FA73138
BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

Awesome it was actually my first plant I have ever grown. So now I’m trying new stuff. Is this a good start for my set up? Mars 300 for 2 plants. My new plant is 7 days old.

F20F75C2 49BF 458A 81C9 EEC8BB27B931
cottageman

cottageman

Awesome it was actually my first plant I have ever grown. So now I’m trying new stuff. Is this a good start for my set up? Mars 300 for 2 plants. My new plant is 7 days old.
I'm assuming that's soil and not coco right? I do not have a lot of experience with soil at all but it looks pretty good. I would suggest a little less p and more K if you can, I have heard of people getting great results growing with a 3-1-4 NPK ratio. The only thing I grow with soil is veggies but I always add fish emulsion, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, bat guano, and some beneficial microbes to give the soil that extra jump start

C

Comermac

What training did you do? LED lights dont have as good light penetration compared to traditional lights. That means making sure your canopy is not to thick is even more important.

Dan789

Dan789

upgrade my circut breaker
Interested on what your planning with this statement? Wasn’t aware that a circuit could be upgraded without changing out the real limitation, which is the current carrying capacity of the conductor.

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

What training did you do? LED lights dont have as good light penetration compared to traditional lights. That means making sure your canopy is not to thick is even more important.
FIM or Top and the. Tie down branches. I do it around week 3 or veg and then again around week 5 and let them heal from the shock and throw those girls into flower or “the switch” 12on 12off. Look at some of my post and you will see what I’m talking about . Hope this helps

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I have to disagree with led lights not having good penetration. I think it depends on the quality of leds you are using. I am using 4 288 qb boards running at 400-450 watts in a 4x4 to replace my 600 gavita hps and my lower flowers are are more compact and developed than the hps.

C

Comermac

I have to disagree with led lights not having good penetration. I think it depends on the quality of leds you are using. I am using 4 288 qb boards running at 400-450 watts in a 4x4 to replace my 600 gavita hps and my lower flowers are are more compact and developed than the hps.

Your talking about bud structure. I'm talking about how far the light makes it through the canopy. I run LEDs myself because of the better spectrum but I would be money a thicker canopy would yeild more under HPS. LEDs have better light spectrum but the light does not make it as far though the canopy.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Your talking about bud structure. I'm talking about how far the light makes it through the canopy. I run LEDs myself because of the better spectrum but I would be money a thicker canopy would yeild more under HPS. LEDs have better light spectrum but the light does not make it as far though the canopy.
Not always the case, Multiple light points has the ability to hit more of the surface area of the leaf with direct light compared to a single point HID.
DSCN0954

C

Comermac

Not always the case, Multiple light points has the ability to hit more of the surface area of the leaf with direct light compared to a single point HID.
View attachment 862117

Those plants look great. I wouldnt call that a dense canopy though. You took enough off the bottom and the plants have some elbow room. I'm thinking more a think canopy that you can barely see the floor.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

That's my point. I bet if you had a HPS there you would see more light under the canopy. This either calls for a side by side or agree to disagree. Yes having multiple light points will give you more even coverage but it wont penetrate through the canopy as much. I havent done a side by side so I cant say for sure.
You mean like these.
DSCN0821
DSCN0827

Still not much light hitting the floor.

Top Bottom