LED lights feedback, suggestions and help requested

• Thread starter harpdog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

harpdog

ok its the new generation of growing and I am seeing ads on ebay stating the LED lights use 90% less power than HPS and get the same coverage. The lights come in different sizes and different wattage and different light colors. Of course, different prices. Its all very confusing to us old style growers.

anyone using them?
do u like them.
what is best?
where are the best ones sold and prices
whats the best light spectrum for these. Red and Blue only?

I hell, I got a ton of questions but lets start here with those 5 but if u got some good answers to questions related to this subject please help as I cannot find any threads covering LED and search button provides little info
thanks in advance

N

necros

I've researched the subject recently since I'm building my own LED grow light.

If you want to buy LED lights these guys seem to have their stuff together but it's really over priced right now since it's new tech:

LED Grow Lights from ProSource Worldwide

There's also a lot of hype on their website that I think is best ignored. Except the fact that they are "5-band" grow lights, orange is important as is the far red spectrum.

If you want to build your own this is the best link I've found to get you started:

"Autos" LED/CF guide - LED Home Build (Hello friends ! ) by The_B0fin

M

merahoon

Don't use them. I've seen a journal where someone was using them and buds looked dinky. The yield seemed even smaller than cfls.

I

ismokepot

Most people find that they are best for supplemental lighting or small closet grows. I bought 4 units of another brand for a 6 x 8 ROOM AND WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED with the grow. I have read some positive grows and a few people out there love them. But, I ended up sending them back and the co. told me to wait another few years as the technology keeps improving rapidly. If you purchase anything, make sure you can return them after a month or so if you are disappointed!

R

Rolln J

dont waste your money on leds for main/flowering lights...

unless you like airy buds and small yields - but you can get that with cheap fluorescents.

I love how they claim a 90 watt led is = to a 400 watt hps, but give no stats to back up their claim and never list lumen output.

Latest posts

Top Bottom