LED Lights for 5x5x6.5

• Thread starter OntarioGoldenHash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

OK, I'll ramble a little bit.

The first 2 - take a look at the PPDF map height on the SE. With the bar lights, you can get them much closer to the canopy and still maintain high PPFD which could quickly become a problem for you in a 6.5' tall tent. Take off 18" for the pot and such, a foot to mount the light, and you have 4' left for your plants. If your light requires 18" clearance to get even coverage, you are down to 3' left for your plants. Win: Bar style lights. Cross off SF7000.

Now, if you look at the HLG - it is a board light too, but a highly respected one. It has been around for a long time. Thats another way of saying older tech. Also, download the manual and you will see that it has a minimum of 15" clearance over the light when hanging, and being a board light you are going to want at LEAST 12" between the light and canopy. Between the HLG and SE - SE is the winner because of your space.

So, SE7000 vs Fluence - the Fluence has a recommended height above canopy of 6" - 12" - pretty typical of newer bar light tech. That and the fact it can also mount very close to the top of the tent - you will be making the most of your space.

They both have detachable drivers.

So for me, I would only consider those 2. I have a favorite in my mind, but they both will get the job done, it comes down to personal preference, which company you like better, stuff like that. Hope that helps, at least the problem is cut in half :)

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

The first 2 - take a look at the PPDF map height on the SE. With the bar lights, you can get them much closer to the canopy and still maintain high PPFD which could quickly become a problem for you in a 6.5' tall tent. Take off 18" for the pot and such, a foot to mount the light, and you have 4' left for your plants. If your light requires 18" clearance to get even coverage, you are down to 3' left for your plants. Win: Bar style lights. Cross off SF7000.

Now, if you look at the HLG - it is a board light too, but a highly respected one. It has been around for a long time. Thats another way of saying older tech. Also, download the manual and you will see that it has a minimum of 15" clearance over the light when hanging, and being a board light you are going to want at LEAST 12" between the light and canopy. Between the HLG and SE - SE is the winner because of your space.

So, SE7000 vs Fluence - the Fluence has a recommended height above canopy of 6" - 12" - pretty typical of newer bar light tech. That and the fact it can also mount very close to the top of the tent - you will be making the most of your space.

So for me, I would only consider those 2. I have a favorite in my mind, but they both will get the job done, it comes down to personal preference, which company you like better, stuff like that. Hope that helps, at least the problem is cut in half :)

If I could do one thing with my lights in regards to traveling back in time etc. it would be to go with bar style LED's 100%. Not that quantum board won't get the job done but refer back to moe's reasons above ^. Also maybe buying a little more wattage and just dimming back. I would LOVE to have a SE5000 in my 4x4.

O

OntarioGoldenHash

Oh wow, huge thanks I had not even considered height would have to be factored in, I am so glad I asked and you replied, huge thanks.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Why would you have a tent/enclosure so short with 25 square foot or floor space. I wont allow a spiderfarmer pos china light or any of that crap on my property. I would much rather have a class leading HLG or even step back to a self built HPS/CMH to go with pure rip-off pos china crap. While HLG drivers come from china and many believe panel lights are old tech. Nobody and I mean nobody has better LEDS than HLG even if they are china produced Samsung LED's. We would not have at any level current LED tech if it was not for HLG and Samsung. Piss on the pure china junk and those that support them.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Why would you have a tent/enclosure so short with 25 square foot or floor space. I wont allow a spiderfarmer pos china light or any of that crap on my property. I would much rather have a class leading HLG or even step back to a self built HPS/CMH to go with pure rip-off pos china crap. While HLG drivers come from china and many believe panel lights are old tech. Nobody and I mean nobody has better LEDS than HLG even if they are china produced Samsung LED's. We would not have at any level current LED tech if it was not for HLG and Samsung. Piss on the pure china junk and those that support them.

You're an interesting fellow. "your opinion better align with mine or piss on you and anything you do"

Good riddance.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Will be the best 180$ you've ever spent. .
Screenshot 20220614 170904

Hell compare to even their 1000w co2 light is funny. And its meant for a 4x4. https://www.spider-farmer.com/produ...vLfatZgk9pcde5BPZtb1JRkXAkxjoE4xoCVFUQAvD_BwE

My suggestion would be 1000w hid in a 4x4. . . nutrient less soil too. Say coco/perlite drip. . . but thats just for easy boom. . . i dont like current led tech if you dont get that drift yet.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

What I mean is that I don't come here to be a disciplinarian. I'm asking for both yours and Blastfact's help in not pushing me there. Thanks in advance, I appreciate you guys.

There's been a couple of things he's posted within the last few days that makes my hair stand up. Not needed at all and nobody has been correcting it or saying anything about it. Harley's, guns, and now Chinese lights. I try to stick to myself but that's just abusive bullying behavior that has no place on a public forum.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Will be the best 180$ you've ever spent. . View attachment 1257437

Hell compare to even their 1000w co2 light is funny. And its meant for a 4x4. https://www.spider-farmer.com/produ...vLfatZgk9pcde5BPZtb1JRkXAkxjoE4xoCVFUQAvD_BwE

My suggestion would be 1000w hid in a 4x4. . . nutrient less soil too. Say coco/perlite drip. . . but thats just for easy boom. . . i dont like current led tech if you dont get that drift yet.
With the height limitation I would think this is not a viable option personally.

growsince79

growsince79

Given the choices listed, I'd go with the sf7000. $630 on sale now- that's under $1/w

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hlg has the scorpion and scorpion Diablo for vertically limited spaces. I have a scorpion and it’s a solid performer.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I just need to add this for what it is worth.

Last week I bought a pair of Raging Kush 2.0s.

They arrived in great shape. I'm super excited.

I just got a call from Eli at Scynce. Out of the blue. Welcoming me, asking if the shipment was OK, asking if I had any questions, and sending me an email with additional info and his contact in case I run into anything.

They don't have any clue who I am, and I paid full price. I can only assume this is the level of customer service all patrons recieve.

If these lights are as good as they seem to be, I'm a real fan and a long term customer.

growsince79

growsince79

I just need to add this for what it is worth.

Last week I bought a pair of Raging Kush 2.0s.

They arrived in great shape. I'm super excited.

I just got a call from Eli at Scynce. Out of the blue. Welcoming me, asking if the shipment was OK, asking if I had any questions, and sending me an email with additional info and his contact in case I run into anything.

They don't have any clue who I am, and I paid full price. I can only assume this is the level of customer service all patrons recieve.

If these lights are as good as they seem to be, I'm a real fan and a long term customer.
Looks badass man. Can you program it to automatically change color at a set time?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Looks badass man. Can you program it to automatically change color at a set time?
Boy I don't know yet, but we will see. It can be run from a phone app. Lots of bells and whistles.

What would be the benefit of changing color? Like through the day to simulate red in the morning and evening and blue all day? Or are you saying just an overall shift to red as harvest approaches?

growsince79

growsince79

Boy I don't know yet, but we will see. It can be run from a phone app. Lots of bells and whistles.

What would be the benefit of changing color? Like through the day to simulate red in the morning and evening and blue all day? Or are you saying just an overall shift to red as harvest approaches?
I was thinking if it starts at 2700k and transitions to 4500k by mid day, then back to 2700 before lights out might be cool. Even better if it could transition power at the same time, say 40% at light on and off transitioning to 100% by mid day.

Top Bottom