LED Lights for 5x5x6.5

• Thread starter OntarioGoldenHash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Could even try a lumatek zeus pro 600w led...but i keep this at a minimum 20" away with a 7ft ceiling over a 5x4 area and light ends up maxed out as far as i can put it up...bar this grow going now..when you consider all factors for eg..pot stand and tray 10-15cm pot 30 cm .plant grows to a 1mtr-1.10 then add the 60cm light to canopy and all of a sudden your maxed out.but if you can keep your plants under 1mtr your good..
Madmax I find similar numbers with the Gavita 1700E spectrum. But the Fluence stuff can be ran closer, like 8" but that is about max

O

OntarioGoldenHash

I agree I like companies that answer the phone, and stand behind their product. I'm not really buying on a super tight budget, it's a hobby. Nothing needs to be purchased immediately, so I can piece it together a little at a time. It can definitely add up though. I have more than I need already, it just gets to the point of wanting to try something else, or saying fuck it. When the government is pilfering ya for $35-50k each year ya get desensitized to pushing the place order button lol 🥳🍰🎂
Ha my government takes ~100k from me but I so have 4 other adults to support.

D

Diverge

I just need to add this for what it is worth.

Last week I bought a pair of Raging Kush 2.0s.

They arrived in great shape. I'm super excited.

I just got a call from Eli at Scynce. Out of the blue. Welcoming me, asking if the shipment was OK, asking if I had any questions, and sending me an email with additional info and his contact in case I run into anything.

They don't have any clue who I am, and I paid full price. I can only assume this is the level of customer service all patrons recieve.

If these lights are as good as they seem to be, I'm a real fan and a long term customer.
I also bought a Raging Kush 2.0 a couple weeks ago. I also got a call from Eli. Actually my first call was from Erik for an issue configuring an Echo Air controller. All communications with them has been great so far.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I also bought a Raging Kush 2.0 a couple weeks ago. I also got a call from Eli. Actually my first call was from Erik for an issue configuring an Echo Air controller. All communications with them has been great so far.
He texted me again today so I had his number. Out of Phoenix.

O

OntarioGoldenHash

Ouch...you should still take PLENTY of time with your equipment selections. Was it a Mars Hydro 5 x 5?
I'm trying here hehehe. I am leaning on getting an AC infinity 5x5x6.5 tent and AC inlet fan+filter for my first tent plus small in tent fans to get that air moving. I want to purchase a decent light for my grow size to learn from. What are peoples thoughts on an inlet filter, good or bad idea? Thanks.

I now am looking at the Fluence SPYDR 2i 47" & Photontek X 600W PRO.

I am still trying to find recent 2022 PAR maps for both lights.

D

Diverge

I'm trying here hehehe. I am leaning on getting an AC infinity 5x5x6.5 tent and AC inlet fan+filter for my first tent plus small in tent fans to get that air moving. I want to purchase a decent light for my grow size to learn from. What are peoples thoughts on an inlet filter, good or bad idea? Thanks.

On my first grow, which is still going and in a 2 x 4 tent, I used a couple of car auto 6" conical air filters (non-oiled!) on the 2 side ports. The gorilla 2 x 4 tent has no vents, and I just wanted to keep dirt/dust and possible bugs from getting in.

But I just got a new setup w/ a 4 x 4 ac infinity tent, and it has mess vents. So I'll just use those when I switch to my new setup.

The Gorilla tents are much thicker and not flimsy as the ac inifinity. But they both have light leaks. I use gaffers tape to cover them from outside. Gorilla has heavy duty zippers. ac infinity tent and a few other brands all have the same exact tents, with just different color zipper stitches.

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

I like AC Infinity, it's hard to beat 1/2 the price of Gorilla. I have a Gorilla 5 x 5, and I haven't set it up yet. I wish the AC Infinity were at least just slightly taller at 84" not a deal breaker, but the Gorilla is 83" and expands to 95" I haven't used the extensions with my Gorilla 2 x 4's yet, but it's nice to know ya have em. I really like the mounting thing/ and cord pass thru for the control panel with the AC's. I gotta figure something out for the control panel on my Gorilla's. I'm thinking maybe of cutting one in my Gorilla and then hand sewing it with nylon thread they use for sails IDK? though still thinking on it. AC tent quality and zippers are pretty good, the gorilla are better though.

They have a ventilation kit now at AC with everything. Myself I'd get the 6" with the better controller. That's a pretty sick 5x5 setup for $230 w/ 5 x 5 tent $430
https://acinfinity.com/hydroponics-...smart-controller-carbon-filter-ducting-combo/

Take your time and maybe piece it together over time...buy once get what ya want

O

OntarioGoldenHash

I like AC Infinity, it's hard to beat 1/2 the price of Gorilla. I have a Gorilla 5 x 5, and I haven't set it up yet. I wish the AC Infinity were at least just slightly taller at 84" not a deal breaker, but the Gorilla is 83" and expands to 95" I haven't used the extensions with my Gorilla 2 x 4's yet, but it's nice to know ya have em. I really like the mounting thing/ and cord pass thru for the control panel with the AC's. I gotta figure something out for the control panel on my Gorilla's. I'm thinking maybe of cutting one in my Gorilla and then hand sewing it with nylon thread they use for sails IDK? though still thinking on it. AC tent quality and zippers are pretty good, the gorilla are better though.

They have a ventilation kit now at AC with everything. Myself I'd get the 6" with the better controller. That's a pretty sick 5x5 setup for $230 w/ 5 x 5 tent $430
https://acinfinity.com/hydroponics-...smart-controller-carbon-filter-ducting-combo/

Take your time and maybe piece it together over time...buy once get what ya want
I have everything sorted from organic soil, tent+6" fans+scrubber and temp/humid co2 wind speed & soil moisture on every 5min interval monitoring, just can't decide on lights.

Madmax

Madmax

Madmax I find similar numbers with the Gavita 1700E spectrum. But the Fluence stuff can be ran closer, like 8" but that is about max
The gavita was my first choice because of the yields sshz was getting and still is but to freight to australia is like 7-800 bucks..so bought the zeus because of the review shane done on the cocoforcannabis site..no probs at all the yr and a half ive had it..has a 5 yr warranty just like gavita too.to me that says they back there product to last..

S

saddlesores

After 8 finished crops with the Gavita's, I'm locked in at about 22 inches as the lowest hang height. Anything less, it causes light bleaching in the center of the room.

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

Where are you looking to purchase from? any sales anywhere on your lighting finalists? There's a lot of reviews to wade through, eventually you're going to have to make that command decision yourself, then pull the trigger on one, or you're just going to torture yourself with data.

Madmax

Madmax

That Lumatek Zeus is the same light. The only difference is it's marketed with the PhotonTek name in North America. I have no idea why they have done this.
Yes thats right.😃 you put me off little thinking photon tek is rated more 650-680w ... the zeus is 600w

BigCube

BigCube

I was thinking if it starts at 2700k and transitions to 4500k by mid day, then back to 2700 before lights out might be cool. Even better if it could transition power at the same time, say 40% at light on and off transitioning to 100% by mid day.

I kind of do this. In flower in a 3x3x6

250w 3000k quantum led turns on
2 hours later 4 x 25w 3000k turn on
2 hours later 2 x 25w red+ir turn on
2 hours before lights out the 4x25w turn off, then at lights out the 240w turns off then 10 minutes later my red/ir turn off.

Honestly it makes no difference if I just leave them all on always.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I was going to start up my own thread concerning my size tent, 5 x 5, when I happened upon this thread so I won't clutter up the servers with another thread asking the same question.

I currently am using LED blurple and white light lighting. They're both from Bestva. The blurple is their old design that has worked for me without fault. The white light is a COB design and also worked flawlessly but.....I want to replace them with a bar light setup and retire the COB and Blurple to veg duty.

From the quick search I did I liked the Gavita pro 1700e. High efficiency, great coverage across the canopy and most important.....long life since it doesn't drive it's LED's as hard as some of the others. Yes, it has the older LM301B's but the newer H's are only slightly better and even that's debatable.

Second choice was the Spider Farms SF4000 mostly for it's budget friendly price vs it's output.

Honorable mention to Mammoth 10 bar

Opinions(Please include actual data to back up your opinions)?

Top Bottom