LED lights need help or direction on what to buy

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I'm looking for a good LED light set up for a couple plants in a 3x3x6. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also hopefully keeping it with a couple hundred bucks.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm looking for a good LED light set up for a couple plants in a 3x3x6. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also hopefully keeping it with a couple hundred bucks.
My first thought with your budget would be a 240w from kingbrite.

You want about 30w sq ft. And with a 6ft height more will not really be of any benefit.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I'm looking at a few autos so not sure the full 6 foot of the tent will ever really get used. Not sure if that does or doesnt make a difference.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Ok so regardless of how big said plants inside may or may not get that light you mentioned should do the job no matter what's in it?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so regardless of how big said plants inside may or may not get that light you mentioned should do the job no matter what's in it?
Yes that would be adequate light for the space. It would provide adequate intensity and coverage to cover whatever you put in there. Be it 1 plant or 4. Personally I like about 4sq ft per plant for that height. So 2-3 plants I feel would do well.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Have a link you could share. Not sure if I am looking at the right light or not.

CF89

CF89

My first thought with your budget would be a 240w from kingbrite.

You want about 30w sq ft. And with a 6ft height more will not really be of any benefit.

why a king brite? googled it and it came up on alibaba.... huge red flag. pure junk there.

the price of the king brite seems cheap too... is a cheap junk light?

im looking at getting a second light too. ive got a viparspectra 2000W off amazon for $260CAD and has a 390W pull from the wall.

been thinking of the spyder farmer 2000W led or even the 4000W if the price didnt go from $500 to $800.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

I have a small tent and you are the 2nd person to mention viparspectra. I ended up going with their 300 because it was recommended for someone with a similar setup as mine with a few successful grows under his belt with this one. It fits my budget and for growing 2-4 autos I think it will work. I looked into both those other as well. Although they were overly pricey one seemed like you can only order through an app so wasnt crazy about that and the spider one I heard was garbage.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

why a king brite? googled it and it came up on alibaba.... huge red flag. pure junk there.

the price of the king brite seems cheap too... is a cheap junk light?

im looking at getting a second light too. ive got a viparspectra 2000W off amazon for $260CAD and has a 390W pull from the wall.

been thinking of the spyder farmer 2000W led or even the 4000W if the price didnt go from $500 to $800.
Imo kingbrite is better than all those you listed. Basically Amazon is absolute crap. I have done a LOT of research on LED. I'm not going to comment further on the open forum but for the money that 100% my recommendation.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have a small tent and you are the 2nd person to mention viparspectra. I ended up going with their 300 because it was recommended for someone with a similar setup as mine with a few successful grows under his belt with this one. It fits my budget and for growing 2-4 autos I think it will work. I looked into both those other as well. Although they were overly pricey one seemed like you can only order through an app so wasnt crazy about that and the spider one I heard was garbage.
Well sorry to hear that. The light you bought are rated to run no longer than I think 8-10hrs at a time. The 300 watts you think you have is actually 135 watts. Thats the marketing gimmick of many Amazon and led lights in general. For your space you will much have less than ideal light at 15 watts per sq ft

Good news it will still grow plants.

Last edited:
CF89

CF89

Imo kingbrite is better than all those you listed. Basically Amazon is absolute crap. I have done a LOT of research on LED. I'm not going to comment further on the open forum but for the money that 100% my recommendation.

hmm. interesting. you seem to know your stuff so I trust you. the price on them is nice too.

so. what kingbrite do you recommend? my budget for a new light is around $400 or less. that would get me a spyder 2000 that has the fancy new "samsung LED chips".

CF89

CF89

Well sorry to hear that. The light you bought are rated to run no longer than I think 8-10hrs at a time. The 300 watts you think you have is actually 135 watts. Thats the marketing gimmick of many Amazon and led lights in general. For your space you will much have less than ideal light at 15 watts per sq ft

Good new it will still grow plants.

the Vipar? mine has been running 20 on and 4 off for the last month.

mine is a 2000W and it claims it draws 395W from the wall.

but yes, the chinese LED light game is a 100% total lie and I knew that when I was dealing with lightbars on the dodge pickups. Baja Designs and Ridig industries makes some seriously badass lights, and EXPENSIVE too! but their numbers are legit. chinas LED lights are cheaper, and have higher lumen numbers than BJ or Rigid... yeah right. a square cube fog light from Rigid was as bright as a 50" chinese lightbar lol.

so yeah, the china LED game is hard to trust.... alibaba is also VERY hard to trust. lowest quality/price on earth comes from there....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

hmm. interesting. you seem to know your stuff so I trust you. the price on them is nice too.

so. what kingbrite do you recommend? my budget for a new light is around $400 or less. that would get me a spyder 2000 that has the fancy new "samsung LED chips".
I have said to much already. Like I say I'm going to avoid posting more detail in public threads. Its just to controversial.

CF89

CF89

so... question.

heatsink on a LED? I thought LEDs barely made any heat... thats a red flag on its own.

why do none of the super fancy, top of the line LED manufacturers use fans in their unit?

Latest posts

Top Bottom