led lights,problems growing with led, plant problems & diagnostics, sick plants, lets have a discussion ??

• Thread starter Jaydee86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jaydee86

All great advice but I lean towards vpd as A good starting point.
This is what I'm thinking man, so vpd is the same thing as transpiration right? I'll admit I'm still learning but to get your vpd up will increase transpiration??
Sorry for the lack of knowledge man but I'm here to learn so it's all good.

Kevuk

Kevuk

Over watered leaves have a gentle curve. They look more like under watered plants (I know they’re not).

Something is causing shock and I doubt it’s the light.

J

Jaydee86

Over watered leaves have a gentle curve. They look more like under watered plants (I know they’re not).

Something is causing shock and I doubt it’s the light.
If you do a Google search for underwatered plants you'll see the difference.
Honestly I've been through so many of these forums the past few months, trust me, an underwatered plant would look nothing like this if you know what I'm looking for.
So with underwatered plants the leaves and stems will fold, with no rigidity in the leaves.
Thanks for the reply though mate we're all here to learn and hopefully perfect the art of growing 👍

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

I highly encourage you to read this article, and check the links in the article that show the study done with different lights while measuring LST. I just got into an argument with my cousin about this who is a horticulturist. He told me 27C was to hot, and I told him i wished it was hotter lol

Kevuk

Kevuk

If you do a Google search for underwatered plants you'll see the difference.
Honestly I've been through so many of these forums the past few months, trust me, an underwatered plant would look nothing like this if you know what I'm looking for.
So with underwatered plants the leaves and stems will fold, with no rigidity in the leaves.
Thanks for the reply though mate we're all here to learn and hopefully perfect the art of growing 👍

“no rigidity in the leaves” That’s what I meant. The upper leaves/stems in the top pic look like they have no rigidity at all.

Over watered plants would be yellowing on the tips by the time they got to that state.

I’ve seen plants under watered to point of collapse, and plants over watered with water weight in leaves causing a curve (not like the collapsed top leaves on your plant) and eventual yellowing if not corrected.

Yours looks like neither to me in top pic. Bottom pic does look over watered I agree.

Something has put them into shock.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Vpd is supposed to give you that sweet spot where plants will thrive and the stomata could do there job and the correct exchange of co2 and etc.... everyplace and everyroom is different every light and light distance they require find what works with your environment don't get overwhelmed with all the terms when running leds follow the parameters of ambient room temp canopy temp correct humidity for that stage and could use vpd charts as a guide but might need to tweak it

VPD chart
J

Jaydee86

Ahh I see so it's almost like the higher the temps are the higher the rh humidity needs to be?? I'll see if I can keep a stable 24-25°c and a 60%-65% rh.
Thanks for this man 👍

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

“no rigidity in the leaves” That’s what I meant. The upper leaves/stems in the top pic look like they have no rigidity at all.

Over watered plants would be yellowing on the tips by the time they got to that state.

I’ve seen plants under watered to point of collapse, and plants over watered with water weight in leaves causing a curve (not like the collapsed top leaves on your plant) and eventual yellowing if not corrected.

Yours looks like neither to me in top pic. Bottom pic does look over watered I agree.

Something has put them into shock.
It's not a issue of overwatered but it's like they are drowning each time he waters maybe they are not perspiring and its suffocating. The water is there but the overtime the pots are evaporating and the water is just creating a vicious cycle.....environmental / "VPD" is out of parameters

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Ahh I see so it's almost like the higher the temps are the higher the rh humidity needs to be?? I'll see if I can keep a stable 24-25°c and a 60%-65% rh.
Thanks for this man 👍
Respect thos perimeters and stay in the 83-85 canopy you will see results let us know

Pondracer

Pondracer

You make no mention of the growing medium, the feeding schedule or the watering schedule. Its hard to give you any answer without knowing the entire situation but it looks nothing like a lighting problem to me. I grow up to within inches of LEDs. Likewise, mentioning temps without humidity is not a full picture.

DarkCoast

DarkCoast

What Kind of LED light do you have?

If you have the money A pulse or a pulse pro meter is a nice tool to have. It lets you see exactly whats going on to really dial in your VPD.

WhatsApp Image 2022 01 04 at 113028 PM

J

Jaydee86

You make no mention of the growing medium, the feeding schedule or the watering schedule. Its hard to give you any answer without knowing the entire situation but it looks nothing like a lighting problem to me. I grow up to within inches of LEDs. Likewise, mentioning temps without humidity is not a full picture.
Yea I guess I should of added that in there so about 2 weeks ago I pulled half of the girls out and put them into pots of a good coco mix and left the other half on nft trays, the nft res gets filled with canna a+b nutrients, pH 5.7 and ppms of around 800.
I run airstone and added h2o in the res.
The pots get handwatered about once every 2 days now. They seem to be doing better under the hps lights now and I'm guessing it's because of the added infrared heat that increases the transpiration?? It's quite cold here at the moment being mid winter.
I'd love to run these led lights but it's just not happening.

Top Bottom