LED lights???

• Thread starter JJJones215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I think they produce CO2, which comes in handy if you really want to blast the shit outta your plants with really intense lighting. I think it's recommended for those who want to give their plants more than 1000 micromoles/joule.

Here's what I'm looking at getting for my next lighting upgrade:

They're not exactly cheap, but very reasonably priced when compared to the original QB manufacturer.
I recently received 2x 240 watt units from Kingbrite (I like separate fixtures rather than a big one)..I paid a few $$ more to get Cree far red chips rather than the Epistars.....otherwise the same. I think they were $182 each and were pretty much assembled. HLG would be at least a third higher. You just connect the driver (wagos supplied), hang them with the supplied hardware, and plug them in..Mine came with w 240B HLG driver and prewired dimmer! I have the original HLG's and these are just as well made. If I recall, the R spec 600 from HLG is now $735!!!!! The new "H" diode from Samsung did not seem to be anything special, so I went with the 301B's

Can't say enough good things..6 days to West Coast USA, no additional duty either (After Sept 1st tariffs, I don't know). Communication was no problem and they respond very fast.

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

the king brite quantum boards are extremely high quality. and run authentic samsung LED's. im running 500W in a 4x4 and my buds speak for themselves.. and so do the buds of the many others who grow successfully with them haha! i just think HLG is really marked up man. dont be gun shy because they are charging closer to what these things actually cost to manufacture haha

Fangthane

Fangthane

I have the original HLG's and these are just as well made. If I recall, the R spec 600 from HLG is now $735!!!!! The new "H" diode from Samsung did not seem to be anything special, so I went with the 301B's
I'd considered getting two of the smaller ones, but I think the spread from one big one should be more than enough for my 39"x39" tent. I'm figuring on running it dimmed down below 400 watts to keep heat and power bill down to a manageable level.

As far as I can tell, the only real possible difference between Kingbrite and HLG would be the actual boards themselves. Hell, I made my own PCBs in a high school electronics class, it's not particularly difficult; so I'm willing to gamble that there's no tangible difference in quality. From what I've read, Kingbrite seems to use SK bin diodes, which, depending on color temperature, are either top bin or one step down. I'm willing to take a slight, possible drop in efficiency to save a bunch of money.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I'd considered getting two of the smaller ones, but I think the spread from one big one should be more than enough for my 39"x39" tent. I'm figuring on running it dimmed down below 400 watts to keep heat and power bill down to a manageable level.

As far as I can tell, the only real possible difference between Kingbrite and HLG would be the actual boards themselves. Hell, I made my own PCBs in a high school electronics class, it's not particularly difficult; so I'm willing to gamble that there's no tangible difference in quality. From what I've read, Kingbrite seems to use SK bin diodes, which, depending on color temperature, are either top bin or one step down. I'm willing to take a slight, possible drop in efficiency to save a bunch of money.
I like smaller lights because I grow a few different strains with different heights..That was I can raise or lower as needed.

Last edited:
MrChemovar

MrChemovar

If you have the funds to cash out on a badass light and you wanted to fine tune the spectrum to EXACTLY how you want it then I would recommend the cropter.

$1,990 base price

• 1.570 µmol/s @ 780 watts
  • recommended for the illumination of up to 2m²
  • adjustable light distribution (adjustable arms)
  • integrated touch panel
  • 3 fully tunable channels (blue, white, red)
  • designed for high intensity cultivation
  • networkable with hundreds of HashCropters
I do love the fact that you can fine tune the blues, whites and reds higher or lower as desired.

Rapidled Chilled Logic Pucks are my new favorite and current running

LM301B by samsung is the new bad bitch on the block and it had 4 cree 660 far reds, the best part about this is that its has DIY potential, if you like to tinker and build I would vote for this, you can order larger or smaller substrate frames and buy external reds / blues to include different spectrums into your garden

Around $260 +

Horticulture Lighting Group

Slays w/ their Quantum Boards and other neat lights, price point is really affordable too. I didnt check to see what your canopy space you needed to light up but at their price point you could easily grape some of there earlier models if you don't need the newest gadgets, but I'd go for the QB 288 V2. Also has DIY potential or if you buy the kit its less DIY but still plug in play after assembly

Atreum Lighting

- RA-40 is full-spectrum LED light bar featuring a hybrid of broad-spectrum Samsung LM301B diodes with Cree XP-E Deep-Red 660nm supplementation.
- The result is a high-performance 120W light for veg and flowering.
- Comes with brackets for easy hanging or mounting to a rail.
- Space multiple bars 8-10 inches apart and get exceptionally even light distribution across a large area.

$119 + 4.99 shipping USD + driver I'd recommend there 120H- 54B $55.99 (IMO I think is a good price)
4' Bars

$59 + 4.99 shipping
2' Bars

Cobshop.net

If you want the easiest lowest maintenance COB (Circuit On Board) LED light w/ the lowest cost and the smallest space I would vote for this. Built in driver, plug and play 5 yr warranty and its so light you could easily adjust the light.

$125 base price

All these lights I have suggested I have used and if you go to youtube check out "Migrow" channel he has a really in depth breakdown of all of these lights and you'll learn a lot. If you go more DIY route feel free to ask questions, its harder but way more fun and worth it IMO

m8ty

m8ty

Light is heat, any light is gonna get hot, it has to, get an air conditioner instead.

Homegrown365

Homegrown365

I definitely will! Do you know what model it is? And do you know what those bags hanging in his tent are?
Hanging bags, not certain, but likely CO2. I'll ask him and get back to ya. But for real...thinking LED COBs, QBs, or Pucks is the way to go. In this digital age, nothing like being able to remote access ya grow. Cheers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom