LED lights???

• Thread starter jackspider76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jackspider76

jackspider76

I'm looking at getting dual 450 watt LED lights. But im new to this.So what's the Farm view of LED lights?

reeldrag

reeldrag

only buy the good ones no less then 3 watts per led but 5 is prefered the only ones that work are VERY expensive they start at around 1200 if you dont get the good ones you will be very dissapointed but if you get the good ones they r awesome

P

paperplane

Hey dude my buddy has LED's custom made to his spec's. They are cheap and work. check out his website fahydro .com

B

Ben Marc

2015 has bought innovation in lightning too.many different types of the LEDs are in market now of many qualities and prices.Aeon Grow has pale yellow bulbs in their entrance and it looks amazing .

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I have a 1200 watt cob led grow light by hydrogalaxy. Purchased it from ebay for less than 500$, there is a china based company with united states warehouses full of them that they sell on ebay. You pay about half the price on ebay as you would from a retail store. The two best brands of led grow lights for the money is apollo and hydrogalaxy imo. The light that I have has 6 cob (circuit on board) led lights each with its own fan, each of the 6 cobs have multiple leds, 3 watts each adding to 1200 watts. Each cob has a precise arrangement of red, blue, and infra red leds that supposedly have been researched and proven to give the amounts of certain light wavelength that plants need for veg and flowering, making a pinkish purple color very bright light. I have never used a hps light, this was my first light ever but I love it. Hope this helps.

virgingrowr

virgingrowr

question how high should the lights be from the plant?

M

mole83

question how high should the lights be from the plant?

I think it varies from plant to plant with what they can withstand but I try to stick with manufacturers instructions which is often 12 inches for led although some strains I find don'y bleach even at 3 inches so I just keep an eye on plants and judge it by them.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Mine burns leaves if you put it any closer than 18 inches

C

CleanFiend

Im using a 700W (140 x 5W), I have it hanging about 22" away, maybe I should move it closer though? Hasn't burned anything yet at this distance

sixstring

sixstring

I have a 1200 watt cob led grow light by hydrogalaxy. Purchased it from ebay for less than 500$, there is a china based company with united states warehouses full of them that they sell on ebay. You pay about half the price on ebay as you would from a retail store. The two best brands of led grow lights for the money is apollo and hydrogalaxy imo. The light that I have has 6 cob (circuit on board) led lights each with its own fan, each of the 6 cobs have multiple leds, 3 watts each adding to 1200 watts. Each cob has a precise arrangement of red, blue, and infra red leds that supposedly have been researched and proven to give the amounts of certain light wavelength that plants need for veg and flowering, making a pinkish purple color very bright light. I have never used a hps light, this was my first light ever but I love it. Hope this helps.

Got i link to that cob fixture ? Thanks

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I just bought mine from ebay... 600 watt

Top Bottom