LED please help if you can.

• Thread starter cornish smoker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cornish smoker

Hello fellow gardeners

Just a quick question, has anybody use LED lights from Grow Light UK?

I am thinking about getting one of there lights please click on link.

www.growlightuk.com/tabid/58/ProductID/24/Default.aspx

If anybody could take a look and please tell me what you think.

This is going to be in a small grow box.

Thanks in advance. :smiley_joint:

619ster

619ster

Doesn't say what the actual power draw is, or what frequency the LEDs are being run at. Many specs are unavailable to make a purchase with confidence IMHO

T

testez

looks like a scam to me. There is no information what so ever. From the info they do give that info rubs me wrong. First off what spectrum's does this light put out? Is there a switch from veg to flower? What is the actual power draw. What drivers version do they have? Who is the maker of the diodes, what are the diodes specific names. Last but not least the angles seem ok, (you have 2 different ones BUT) in my opinion 120 degrees is not as effective as 60 to 90 range. in that it's not as focused and that is light loss \\\IMO.

In order to purchase something you need to compare those facts that have been mentioned to get the best. There is still allot of inferior products out and it's important to do as you did to ask and compare. It's a process that takes patience but will pay off in the end.

S

schismsociety

do you guys think a Illuminator UFO 90W will be good enough for a Single bucket DWC?? it says it is a 5 spectrum led light 1w diodes is this enough? or 3w diodes from grow light uk? but they do not metion the light spectrum that is generated??

C

cornish smoker

looks like a scam to me. There is no information what so ever. From the info they do give that info rubs me wrong. First off what spectrum's does this light put out? Is there a switch from veg to flower? What is the actual power draw. What drivers version do they have? Who is the maker of the diodes, what are the diodes specific names. Last but not least the angles seem ok, (you have 2 different ones BUT) in my opinion 120 degrees is not as effective as 60 to 90 range. in that it's not as focused and that is light loss \\\IMO.

In order to purchase something you need to compare those facts that have been mentioned to get the best. There is still allot of inferior products out and it's important to do as you did to ask and compare. It's a process that takes patience but will pay off in the end.

Thanks Pal i need to a bit more research into the company as well as the lights, Spectrum and diodes unless anybody can recommend any UK shops and brands. Again thanks for the reply. :smiley_joint:

619ster

619ster

1w diodes are not good for more than vegging IMO. You will have smallish air buds most likely. Find something with 3w diodes, and make sure the chips and components aren't cheap Chinese pieces. Also do you research on spectrums to find what is optimal. Hope that helps. I luckilly found an LED that satisfied my needs my first try. I wasn't afraid to spend the big bucks for what I felt was a proven light with quality components. Been running mine for over a year and the investment was well worth it. "KNOW" what you want and what you're getting. And I usually like to see a few completed grows with the light I'm considering before I make my decision. And talk to the folks and find out the details if it's not on their site.

C

cornish smoker

Hi 619ster..Thanks for the reply...can you give any info on company's that sell good LED's
and would you recommend a make of LED.

619ster

619ster

Well.... Her it goes. You asked :)

I won't exactly state what I use due to flaming that goes on with LEDs involved lol, but I will give my opinion on what I feel are quality lights, with proven results.

Spectra
Magnum
Blackstar
Advanced

There are others that have potential, but until we see them in action we don't know this.

Peace

C

cornish smoker

Thanks Bud i will take a look round and see what i can find. :smiley_joint:

Top Bottom