LED Recommendations for 5x5 flowering

• Thread starter Travelfurthur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Travelfurthur

Travelfurthur

I have a a 5x10 space to fill with lighting. I’m interested in making the move to LED from LEC. I’m looking at the Growers Choice ROI and the Spydrx. Does anyone have experience using either of these in 5x5 flowering space? Any other recommendations are welcome.

Anthem

Anthem

I have a a 5x10 space to fill with lighting. I’m interested in making the move to LED from LEC. I’m looking at the Growers Choice ROI and the Spydrx. Does anyone have experience using either of these in 5x5 flowering space? Any other recommendations are welcome.
I have some of the ROI-680 and I also run the Gavita 1650 old model. new is 1700. These are both great lights, 2 will provide enough light for a 5' x 10' grow. Two points to consider. Running either one of these requires dimming the light, this can be achieved with a control for both or the ROI-680 has onboard dimming capabilities. Second point is that you really need to run CO2 with these lights in order to see the best results with the lights. One additional item. The LED's need to be ran at higher room temperatures. Because they do not heat up the leaf surface like HPS. Shoot for a room temperature around 82. Go on You Tube and look up Black Dog LED's. They have some pretty informative information about growing with LED's. Not sure which fluence spyder you are looking at the new spyder seems to be ran really close to the plant with will not work with either of these lights. Not sure why the new spyders can be ran so close to the plant.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

The Spectrum King SK602 covers a solid 5x5 area with an actual draw of 640w.....they are veeeery bright...not cheap but worth !

Anthem

Anthem

The Spectrum King SK602 covers a solid 5x5 area with an actual draw of 640w.....they are veeeery bright...not cheap but worth !
Design will create low PPFD's around the perimeter and a hot spot just below the light.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Yup, you are correct about that....the idea of putting all those diodes together ina bunch was not great...
i have 4 of em and because of the overlap and how white the walls are right now i have the lights 30 cm farther than the maximum raccomended and im stretching the footprint to almost 7 foot wide...
Ive seen very nice compact shade grown buds in the room!! the penetration is incredible, but yeah i burned the hell out of the tops at my first try with those light because i couldt believe how powerful they were.....i wish they told me!!!
i also was unaware of the typical led burn signs...
They reccomend in flower a distance between 75cm -92cm.....i felt that its insanely close if you have more than one...
I feel like if you know this little trick they are totally worth.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom