LED requirements ??? help

• Thread starter rclives
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rclives

??? can anyone tell me if the following info is good enough for a grow room 8'X16'with four rotating plants.
luminance: 558 lux @ 2 m (per pod)
( I HAVE 8 PODS)
Power linking: 18 units @ 120 V / 32 units @ 230 V
Input voltage: auto-ranging 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz
Power and current: 52 W, 0.4 A @ 120 V 60 Hz

Thank you for your time.

R

rclives

not a scam, just a vet in pain trying to get by. if anyone can help, I am great full​

Dunge

Dunge

Please describe your situation again.
Even with LEDs, it'a still about power.
When I see 52W I get suspicious.
To flower a space that large will take lots of power no matter what types of lamps you use.

R

rclives

new to growing, I already own the lights that i described, but I don't use them anymore. I was going to re-task them as grow lights, but if they wont do the job, I don't want to waist my time. I only intend to grow two plants, in about a 4 month cycle, and I have a plan to use srog drip system, with a water wheel at the bottom of the collection tray, that would turn the two platforms for the plants. I have been reading about cocoanut being a newly found medium with promising results. As a green horn to this , I would welcome any input/advice.

thank you
RC

R

rclives

I was going to try four, but in that size room, it may be too much.

tags420

tags420

From the way it sound the lights you have will not work. And are you only trying to grow 2-4 plants...or use the whole 8'x16' flowering space. Or did you mean inches not feet??
I'm not really sure what exactly you are trying to do/ what are your goals(weight) for 4 plants.

With the average-decent led technology it takes about 30w/square foot of grow area.

ken dog

ken dog

I have 600 watts of LEDs in a 2x4 tent.

that's about 75 watts per square foot.. & I am getting excellent results.

I also have 240 watts of LED in a 2x2 tent... that's about 60 watts per square foot, & I am getting excellent results as well.

both of the above are my flower tents.

my 2x3 veg tent has two 90 watt blue ufo LEDs... thats about 30 watts per square foot, and my veg is killing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom