led users.

• Thread starter mickmick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Oregonic

I have used the cheapo panels for side lighting WITH an hps but even then a T5 would have been better I think.

If someone can come up with a REAL led setup that works BETTER then hps that person will be a fucking ganj-ilionair! I love the idea, but reality is the tech just isn't there yet, soon I hope.

Dude, nice light.... green lights are always handy, not sure why they label it as LED incandescent.....maybe just because of the shape?

S

SkyHi

I have used the cheapo panels for side lighting WITH an hps but even then a T5 would have been better I think.

If someone can come up with a REAL led setup that works BETTER then hps that person will be a fucking ganj-ilionair! I love the idea, but reality is the tech just isn't there yet, soon I hope.

Dude, nice light.... green lights are always handy, not sure why they label it as LED incandescent.....maybe just because of the shape?

It fits in an incandescent socket

M

mickmick

all the same thing that are said here are the same things ive been hearing.... i am going to compare them to cfl lights in veg. also. which help grow faster in veg.? so far i think the cfls are better.... but i will wait and see. its really to early to tell....

squarepusher

squarepusher

http://i514.invalid.com/albums/t341/jmptw/grow/IMG_0728.jpg
http://i514.invalid.com/albums/t341/jmptw/grow/IMG_0729.jpg
http://i514.invalid.com/albums/t341/jmptw/grow/IMG_0730.jpg

M

mickmick

that light dosent seem to be bright enough. are you using any other light with it?

P

Pandaman

i already tried all this waste of money and time.

I get all excited for new gadgets, but this one let me down very badly. Sucks when you are so excited and do all kinds of research, only to be left miserable over it....

Sucks dude. I'm a gadget freak too. Can you go into detail with what you experienced with your LED grow? Good or bad, it's more insight for others to take into consideration when researching new gadgets like these. What type and wattage did you use?

Peace

P

Pandaman

good or bad? doesnt my response answer that already?

90w led ufo 4th generation quad band spectrum sucks ass

Ya it does, I just wanted to hear from others the details of their experiences they had so I could at least educate others who I talk to. I don't like to talk about something I can't/won't back up, I get too much of that from others as it is...

It's all good though. I've already committed to fluoros for my multi-mini-cab-scrog :). Can't vent enough heat to use HIDs and can't use AC. Just requires more custom modeling work and that I can do. Time to charge up the Power Tools!

Too true, Lost... If we could buy 1000watt LED fixtures for Half the Cost of a 1000watt HID, we'd ALL be running LEDs lol!

Peace

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
It doesn't help the LED industry when advertisers start lying to customers about the capabilities of these lights. I've seen people state that THEIR LED's are the newest, best, greatest yada yada... They say that THEIR LED's replace HID's 3:1... 4:1... I've even seen a claim for 6:1! Even saw an ad that claimed that their 90watt UFO replaces a 600watt HPS!

Check out this excerpt from an ad that I found on eBay
-------------------------------
"...Using a 20A breaker oppose to a 15A with decrease your lights output dramatically. The more current that you have going to your LED the less light output you will receive..."
-------------------------------

Seriously people (Everyone)... It's called Ohm's Law. If you don't want to get ripped off by Crack-Smoking Advertisers, learn it.

P.S. BillPlimpton, I fixed your links. Nice :)

BillPlimpton Link #1

BillPlimpton Link #2

BillPlimpton Link #3

I'm currently looking for LED's to power my Multi-Cabinet Grow. My goal is have a small area with the best lighting option that doesn't require a lot of ventilation. Between finding Store Owners with outrageous claims and a HUGE roller coaster of prices for the exact same product, not to mention Dual-Band, Tri-Band, Quad-Band and others, it is a complete turn off to research this. The LED industry will crumble under the weight of their own lies, and it will be their own fault.

Only a handful of comparisons are actually available. Most are corrupted by the growers inability to properly "Test" these lights against others, and the ones that do, fail to SHOW THE PROOF. Rant Completed.

Please, if someone out there knows of an LED light that works at least satisfactory and won't break the bank, please let me know.

Peace
check out this link:

let me know what you think! monkey5

V

VanillaGorillaH

i use 2 x 90 watt all blue led ufo's, they work great for vegi, i use em on my clones and 3 mothers, great root growth as for flowering not very impressed cannot be compared to 400watt hps or mh, the sellers all make the same claims that 1 90watt ufo is comparable to 400-600watt mh or hps but the light from the leds just doesnt penitrait far enough, ill stick with HID's for flowering.

M

mickmick

ive heard the same.... good for veg. but no bueno for flowering.....

B

billybadazz

Okay I was browsing my way through this thread again and this is what I came up with: People will not listen to others advice no matter what, until they shell out 2 grand then and only then will they realize that they been duped! Sooooo.............since potheads are so hellbent on spending money on unproven technology( and obviously have plenty of it to spend!) I decided that I wanna become an inventor and invent some shit for growing pot that looks cool and doesn't even have to work half assed and as long as I throw up some ridiculous numbers saying it will work, I will have people throwing money at me hand over fist..............ahhhhh the american dream is mint all I gotta do is lie and people give me money!!!

M

mickmick

hey man you are preaching to the quire.... the only reason im trying out leds is cause my brother is convinced it is better and less power usage..... thats prob the only good thing about leds......

P

Pandaman

Conclusion...?

check out this link:

let me know what you think! monkey5

I was a good read (except for the end...). Seems like LED companies are still making inferior products today compared to the educated enthusiast (British Hempire). I know some seller out there has the good LED's. There is too wide a gap between the reports of Shitty Results and Great Results. Very "Hit and Miss".

I certainly cannot put down British Hempire for his grow. Very knowledgeable and concise with his tests and reports. Just wish *whatever* happened to make him stop posting happened after he posted his results.

Still, I think I'll let others do the buying and testing till a clear LED winner emerges. I've followed the advice of the pro's here and so far it has paid off tremendously. No reason to stop now :)

Peace

Top Bottom