LED vs DLI315

• Thread starter DO IT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DO IT

DO IT

So I have been growing for a long while under traditional HPS single end/DE style lamps. Being licensed in Cali brings in another aspect into the equation with utilities cost and having fire inspectors looking at UL certs. I have been doing some research for a while into the different types/brands of LED luminaries. I had the opportunity to tour a large facility in Washington(60k sqft) that was running fluence spyders over Aescense aeroponic units. I ended up deciding on two companies that were not big names but had quality units that could compete with a DE setup. So I decided to go with the company that would work with me on developing something past the base model that they retail. I also wanted to test the DLI315 units that are very efficient and are producing great results.
Fast forward to the test grow in a 13W x 20L x 10H room with 5T of AC. The AC was left over from the previous grow that was a 12k DE setup. I went with four 4x8 trays split into twos. Two trays have four 850w LED's and two trays will have eight DLI315 lamps over them. Two of the LED's have white heavy with blue color supplement bars and the other red heavy supplements bars(I am already leaning towards the red heavy luminars). Trays are lined with smart pot 4x8 tray liners with lava rocks in the tray canals for drainage. I usually run 60/40, coco/perlite with a recirculating drip system. For this test I decided to mix in 50% ocean forest for a little buffer of protection. I am also running a powder stand alone nutrient line in an effort to cut down as much overhead as possible. This room will be hand fed in order to keep an eye on any over/under feeding or nutrient deficiencies. Eventually it will be fed by a dosatron system to cut down the work load. There are also a few different gadget's I am testing out to make this room completely automated and remote controllable as the LED's come with a fancy app to control every aspect of the luminary. The 5T AC unit in the middle will be swaped out after this run and a 3T will be installed in the right corner where I have the brackets hung. I will update the thread tomorrow with pics of the trays planted. If there are any LED top dogs please feel free to chime in.
20191117_191152.jpg
IMG-20191226-WA0001.jpg

Led vs dli315 3
Led vs dli315 4
Led vs dli315 5
Led vs dli315 6
Moshmen

Moshmen

Definitely looking forward to the results!

U already found the led guys ! Buzzz and jujitsu got the knowledge for sure! Can’t wait to heR your unbiased opinion

DO IT

DO IT

What brand leds did you go with I’m not positive I can ID from those photos

Not an off the shelf luminair. The drivers are Pacific, chips are a mix of Korean Samsung and German Osram. Max wattage is 850 @ 100% and are dimmable to 0%. Max amp draw @ 240v is 3.7a The app to control the units is Casambi and works off of a bluetooth unit + cloud services so the lights can be controled remotely. That app let's you set on/off, sunrise/sunset fading, spectrum and individual scenes to control individual bars and routines. They can be set up to run from 120v to 477v depending on your needs. What I did was start with a base and I am building the ultimate LED off of that. That being said this is not a budget LED or is it the most expensive in the world. I am looking to build a unit that will perform or out perform a DE setup which is what I am used to running.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Not an off the shelf luminair. The drivers are Pacific, chips are a mix of Korean Samsung and German Osram. Max wattage is 850 @ 100% and are dimmable to 0%. Max amp draw @ 240v is 3.7a The app to control the units is Casambi and works off of a bluetooth unit + cloud services so the lights can be controled remotely. That app let's you set on/off, sunrise/sunset fading, spectrum and individual scenes to control individual bars and routines. They can be set up to run from 120v to 477v depending on your needs. What I did was start with a base and I am building the ultimate LED off of that. That being said this is not a budget LED or is it the most expensive in the world. I am looking to build a unit that will perform or out perform a DE setup which is what I am used to running.

very cool but you clearly bought the lights and I wondered what brand?

DO IT

DO IT

very cool but you clearly bought the lights and I wondered what brand?

🤦🏻‍♂️ pick a place where you think I bought the lights my bro and that's where I bought them so you can sleep at night. They will eventually be branded under Ganja_Kingz949.

20191118 185253
20191117 191159
IMG 20191227 WA0002
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I only ask because I saw very similar setups and controls online when looking at some of the Chinese marketplaces on Ali. I see they do all
The branding on site as well. It’s all good my bro, just wondered what company was making them and throwing whatever branding is wanted. They look great just was curious but all good 🥳🤣😂

DO IT

DO IT

NP my bro. 👊🏼💯 I listed all the brands of the hardware and they are assembled in SF. As I said I am working with engineers to create a luminair that will be able to compete with high HP DE setups. I also did not pay for these first luminaries as this is a joint effort to build something great.
The first problem I ran into was the bluetooth units get the programming from the gateway device. This means if you do not have a dedicated gateway device nearby and the power goes out your scenes are erased. The units are low voltage so I found a 4800mah 12v DC backup battery and a backup battery switching board. With this installed the bluetooth units retain their memory when there is a power outage.

IMG 20191227 WA0007
IMG 20191227 WA0008
IMG 20191227 WA0009
20191227 124532
IMG 20191227 WA0006
DO IT

DO IT

These are the plants under the LED's after 20 days for the far tray and 15 on the near tray. Trellis is at 24" from the medium. Near plants that are smaller are Mendo PK and the tall ones in the far tray are Breckenridge SD/Grape lush.

IMG 20191227 WA0011
IMG 20191227 WA0012
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

whatcha up to $wise, if u don't mind. SEE! HE PUT THE SUNSET IN!!! that buy u an extra 2hrs from no sleep transmission???!!! f!!!

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

NP my bro. 👊🏼💯 I listed all the brands of the hardware and they are assembled in SF. As I said I am working with engineers to create a luminair that will be able to compete with high HP DE setups. I also did not pay for these first luminaries as this is a joint effort to build something great.
The first problem I ran into was the bluetooth units get the programming from the gateway device. This means if you do not have a dedicated gateway device nearby and the power goes out your scenes are erased. The units are low voltage so I found a 4800mah 12v DC backup battery and a backup battery switching board. With this installed the bluetooth units retain their memory when there is a power outage.
my god! aqua!!!

DO IT

DO IT

whatcha up to $wise, if u don't mind. SEE! HE PUT THE SUNSET IN!!! that buy u an extra 2hrs from no sleep transmission???!!! f!!!

Yes, it has a fade in/out function that is up to 1hr so you can simulate sunrise/sunset. I have mine set at 20min right now and the plants seem to like it. These 11 bar units with bluetooth will be the mid range option ranging from 1k - $1,200 depending on volume. The economy unit will be a 9 bar unit with manual dimming in the 600-700w range(2.2 or 2.3 mm per joule). That unit will be $780 depending on volume. I will have some test results with the economy unit vs a 630w LEC unit soon. The baller 12 bar unit with all the bells and whistles will be in the $1,400 range depending on volume.

Screenshot 20191227 151148 Casambi
Screenshot 20191227 151213 Casambi
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Yes, it has a fade in/out function that is up to 1hr so you can simulate sunrise/sunset. I have mine set at 20min right now and the plants seem to like it. These 11 bar units with bluetooth will be the mid range option ranging from 1k - $1,200 depending on volume. The economy unit will be a 9 bar unit with manual dimming in the 600-700w range(2.2 or 2.3 mm per joule). That unit will be $780 depending on volume. I will have some test results with the economy unit vs a 630w LEC unit soon. The baller 12 bar unit with all the bells and whistles will be in the $1,400 range depending on volume.

What’s the foot print your thinking each set will cover? The economy model seems like the price range I would look at if it had all the bells and whistles. Not to take away from these, they look amazing, just that’s a lot of money, but if the integration between hardware and software works out it might be worth it for some people. I love the connectivity, but I currently run a bunch of sensors the same way (Bluetooth to hub), and it works but I think a straight WiFi would be better and offer better range. Those are some
Amazing claims on output, any sphere testing done to date?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I also think two 315s kill the 630, and think that would be a better comparison really🤷🏻‍♂️ Love what you got going on so hope my criticism isn’t taken the wrong way.

Top Bottom