LEDs and rockwool - making the switch

  • Thread starter JayJammer92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayJammer92

JayJammer92

15
13
Hello everyone. Longtime lurker on the forums. Finally decided to jump on

I’m making the switch from coco to rockwool and from HPS to LEDs.

I’ve run coco for years with good results, but I’m looking to make everything a bit more efficient.

This is the veg room, which will also be upgraded once these plants go into flower.
B3689018 CA06 405E 8591 5CF2D9278BF8


Strain is Pancakes from Cookies/Seed Junky. This is one of my favorite strains from the past year. Really excited to have a full run of it.

The flower room is currently being upgraded. Will be swapping out lights and trays with double-decker LEDs.
2D146AE6 130C 4FD6 8E37 C567B329DCC9


I have some experience with rockwool but I’m always learning, so advice is welcome!
 
NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

130
143
Very nice I was thinking about doing something similar from buckets. Test run
 
Dub_City405

Dub_City405

577
93
Very nice i have a 75 plant led room. I have great results. Use rockwool too. Very good looking farm.
 
JayJammer92

JayJammer92

15
13
Some pics from this morning. Been topping them throughout veg. Today is day 15. Thinking I’ll let them go for another 10 days or so before flipping.

3E7B7045 3102 4E26 840D 23083D794DC7


Roots are just starting to pop. They’ve only had two feedings total, not including the initial soak.

D15A1C4A 09D4 497A B4BF F3D1B9DABE79


Flower room is coming along. Should be done early next week.

A08024A5 0B70 4399 84EC C4C51A5ADFC9
 
JayJammer92

JayJammer92

15
13
The ladies are looking luscious. They need to get flipped soon but the flower room is taking longer than expected. Hopefully by Friday I’ll be able to move them in.
55F658E2 3100 4C58 99CD 616F8FFEA879


I’m trying to bush them out as mush as possible by topping the tallest shoots every day. Here’s a nice example of the structure so far. They’re currently about 18” tall.
B8BCF756 87F1 42BE A83B 9B3F68D9C724
 
JayJammer92

JayJammer92

15
13
The flower room should be done in the next day or two. Lots of buttoning up to do.

0FBAE9DF 6809 4FCB A20F 3F021E8AE21B


The girls are a bit bigger than I wanted them to get before flip. I was planning on running 16 per light but I’m gonna cut down to 12.

3E3FBB46 49EE 4AD5 B70A 479E69D0B741


Ill move them in within the next few days.
 
JayJammer92

JayJammer92

15
13
Day 29 veg today. The girls are huge but I realized I have more vertical space than I thought in the flower room, so I’m not too concerned. They will finally go into flower tomorrow!

401AC0B6 C1FC 4B2B AD39 12FDA8642084


I’m pretty happy with the structure on them. Most of the tops are at the same level.

5F22E14B 1C66 4696 903F 48C19815E8E8


They’re getting fed about every 3 days right now. They’ve had 7 feedings total in veg, including the initial soak.
 
JayJammer92

JayJammer92

15
13
The girls are finally flipped!

FB9C7133 5F12 4E6B AAE1 C26E23945DAF


Very excited to see how the room performs with the upgrades..

033A6543 A974 4A5C B222 D5D4BF27ADA7


Hopefully I can control the stretch and get a nice even canopy. I set the nets @ 6” and 18” from the lights.

Ill finish up the irrigation tomorrow and get them on the new mix. Going to be running Athena’s Pro line.
 
NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

130
143
nice. How much are the metal racks? Whats the height total
 
JayJammer92

JayJammer92

15
13
The room is looking good @ day 9. I expected to see more of a stretch from these girls but it hasn’t been too much so far. Going to increase irrigation today to push them a bit more and fill the canopy.

523183CB 925C 4F3E 86F8 74781CC17C90


New roots still popping..

F96B5D7D 4EEE 4497 865B B398B5F9C771
 
JayJammer92

JayJammer92

15
13
Day 16 today..

BAFD0EC2 EE4F 4B3B 968F 6B914035F59C


The girls are starting to fill in very nicely. I’ve been training them under the first net a little every day. There shouldn’t be too much stretching left. I’m pretty happy with the overall size of them.

Here’s a nice stalk shot..

F85DDD49 F684 4686 BCFD 6AB58C104382
 
JayJammer92

JayJammer92

15
13
Day 22..

6BA6F169 9208 436B 8340 B11011A14AB5


I started defoliating the girls today. Will finish the rest of the room over the course of the next few days.

The roots really took of after the flip.

B811D900 54DB 4CC9 8F4F 27540887AA3B


Pretty happy with how the first phase of flower went. Time for the fun part!
 
JayJammer92

JayJammer92

15
13
Good to have you guys!

So it’s been a very busy week and I may have let the ladies get a bit locked out in the cubes, as you can tell by the deep red stems.

Pics are from yesterday @ day 31

FD6C715F DB56 4A08 BA0A 3C8A0FDB6EE1


So I did a nice long 20min irrigation at the end of the light cycle until the runoff EC evened out.

They should be right back on track now.

I’m also going to start doing weekly flower measurements for my notes.

A8F92C87 E8CC 497C 8353 34013261D736
 
Last edited:

Similar threads

BluePowerRanger
Replies
39
Views
1K
BluePowerRanger
BluePowerRanger
kallaserves
Replies
31
Views
939
kallaserves
kallaserves
Roxyheart420
Replies
16
Views
1K
Aqua Man
Aqua Man
PpmOver9000
Replies
48
Views
1K
PpmOver9000
PpmOver9000
Top Bottom