LEDs For Vegging

• Thread starter geoduck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

geoduck

advancements in led technology in the last 2 years pretty much hit a wall, and until we find a breakthrough, leds are not feasible as a primary light source for flowering

i've tried procyon/lightblaze led before, and came away disappointed. plants thrive under leds but they don't grow buds, as there's very little light penetration. the light footprint is even worse. lots of light are cast off to the sides instead of focusing directly downward to a 4x4 area

for my next project i'm converting my 2 tents into vegging/mother chambers. reflective tents provides an opportunity to capture some of the lost light energy; in addition my electricity bill get reduced.

i'm seeing kessil's h350 are being offered currently. however the s360 spinner is yet to be released. kessil leds come equipped with build-in lens and heatsinks, i'm looking forward to getting that. but for now, homegrowdepot's SOL Spectrum Optimized LED caught my eye; it's reasonably priced, and uses a balanced lights. 1k USD for 400 watts of led isn't a bad deal at all. i can find cheaper ones on ebay but they appear to be ripoffs. 240w rated led panel with an actual draw of 130w... what's that about lol damn chinese knockoffs

...to be updated

B

BluntForce

I recently received a chines panel rated at 378W that only drew 148Wmax! there's plenty of scams goin round but cheap Chinese LEDs take the cake...

Latest posts

Top Bottom