Led's ??

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

wanting to up-grade lighting . ant information on LED would be helpful. Kind Led's look (k3 - L450) - the Virspectrue (misspelled) has a 400watt veg/bloom, there are other Mars, Cob ???please help

Schkronis

Schkronis

how much money are we looking to spend? What coverage needed? all these systems scale different. I'm a COB and QB fun boy as of today. Skip Mars regardless...

Oh, and 180W Hanse panel is really good piece, but you can get 200W Citizen framework that is ready to be hanged for $360 from Timber nowadays, I don't see reason going bluerple if you going led, unless its a Cree XPE/G set up. Have you looked at CMH?

just noticed the timestamps on both posts ;)
Screen Shot 2017 07 14 at 85456 PM

Screen Shot 2017 07 14 at 85505 PM

Last edited:
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

wanting to up-grade lighting . ant information on LED would be helpful. Kind Led's look (k3 - L450) - the Virspectrue (misspelled) has a 400watt veg/bloom, there are other Mars, Cob ???please help
I bet you wind up going with cobs LOL. Every set up is so unique and Taylored to so many specific needs money mainly. We're going to need to talk awhile Chief grab a beer LOL

H

hawkman

how much money are we looking to spend? What coverage needed? all these systems scale different. I'm a COB and QB fun boy as of today. Skip Mars regardless...

Oh, and 180W Hanse panel is really good piece, but you can get 200W Citizen framework that is ready to be hanged for $360 from Timber nowadays, I don't see reason going bluerple if you going led, unless its a Cree XPE/G set up. Have you looked at CMH?

just noticed the timestamps on both posts ;)
View attachment 720196

View attachment 720197
under 500 dollare looked at the viparspectra 450 / dimimable.ect 189.00 and the Kind k3 L450 for 600.00 (cpst 850.00) CMH expensice

H

hawkman

I bet you wind up going with cobs LOL. Every set up is so unique and Taylored to so many specific needs money mainly. We're going to need to talk awhile Chief grab a beer LOL
cob are a bit expensive looking at a 3 by 3 space

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

under 500 dollare looked at the viparspectra 450 / dimimable.ect 189.00 and the Kind k3 L450 for 600.00 (cpst 850.00) CMH expensice
If money is any kind of an issue don't waste your money on the kind LED. The cheap LEDs work just fine. Plus you don't want to get wrapped up in all that technical data they are basically all the same. Par and all that stuff can be misleading. You can take two Lights of the same wattage and one might have a higher par and the other weeker but it's only because one might have a concentrated beam of laser and the other may have a widespread.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Check out the specs on those cheap panels from eBay. They are the two best and most efficient nanometers possible 450 + 660. They use about 20 watts at the wall and produce no heat. Placing those just below the canopy pointing at those small buds with thin stems we'll beef them up big time. There will be nothing more efficient or least expensive you could do. I would go with two galaxyhydro 300 on top and four panels on sides. For a three-by-three that would be sufficient.

Top Bottom