Left my light on for 48h.

• Thread starter Fro5ty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fro5ty

Fro5ty

So. I have been an idiot. I left my main light on (not the growlights). And this for 48 hours! I’m currently almost 14 days in too flower.

I’m having them in 12h of darkness now. And then after 12h of light, I’ll leave 26h in darkness again. So that they get in their regular schedule (I need to be able to work in the growroom, now they will be having light when I’m at work)

So I have found some topics on this happening to others. But all of them stop. The grower never reveals his final conclusion. Will the hermies come next week? 😭

I have learned that there is definitely a difference between “light polution” and just having the lights on. They should be shocked. Have some stunned growth but maybe not grow hermies. Or at least that’s what I hope!

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

14 days is barely flower. I’ve had strains take longer than that just to show sex. I agree, just put them back to 12:12 and don’t screw up again!😜. Hope all goes well from here.

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

14 days is barely flower. I’ve had strains take longer than that just to show sex. I agree, just put them back to 12:12 and don’t screw up again!😜. Hope all goes well from here.
Mine showed sex n the first week in veg… they have had some serious white pistols since flower.

I took a photo 2 days ago when I was changing water and one plant all of a sudden started to drop its tops. They went back up in minutes after dropping some buckets of water in the system. But they show a little how fat in to flower they are.

EAE5D772 64B3 4A66 8511 535A895A38EC

Last edited:
Fro5ty

Fro5ty

There's no set rule. Some strains might hermie.

If you fuck up your lighting like this, put it back on the schedule you want it on, and don't mess around with 12 hours here, 26 hours there.
If I putted it back on schedule, they would have an even bigger light time. I discovered my problem 3h before the lights should have gone on for another 12h.

I’ve read that 24h should be no problem. So I’ll do that.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
No biggie. Worse case, it'll slow down. Meaning, you start counting from your reset. As for a hermie emerging, most strains are robust enough to deal with an interrupted light schedule, light leaks and full moons.

Top Bottom