Legacy Cannabis & Heirloom Tobacco

• Thread starter Bill Drake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

Well Bill, here's hoping you can offset that a bit... Welcome to the farm.

B

Bill Drake

hmmm would have to look into spacing I might try to run some tobaccy myself
Hi - spacing is a fund variable to play with. Heirloom tobacco can run anywhere from 3' to 12' (or more) at maturity depending on variety, and their growth habit runs from small compact leaves to huge 4' long giant leaves. There are so many choices - that's one of the attractions. As you look into this please share what you find.

TimeLine

TimeLine

I have read tobacco attracts insects awhile back..I wonder if that is universal or very much strain dependent also

B

Bill Drake

I have read tobacco attracts insects awhile back..I wonder if that is universal or very much strain dependent also
Tobacco is very high in complex sugars and is a complete plant protein so bugs and other critters up to and including deer love it when it's young. Each strain has not only its own alkaloid profile just like each cannabis strain has its own cannabinoid profile, but it has all the other variables that make cannabis strains so much fun to work with. But bugs are a definite issue. Of course, Tobacco makes its own insecticide - it just doesn't make it when it's young. Nicotine spray isn't the answer to everything but it's pretty effective. One or two n. glauca plants are all you need for gallons of really potent spray. BTW - do NOT smoke n. glauca. It is a wild tobacco strain, very tall and spindly with tiny leaves, that kills people in the SoCal deserts every year.

B

Bill Drake

Just added this to the heirloom tobacco post thanks to a reader's suggestion:
A New Market For Trim?

Cannabis growers may find that they have a higher-value use for their trim when they blend their highest quality Cannabis trim leaf with heirloom tobacco leaf to make a very special RYO blend that can carry their own growers brand name because of its unique characteristics. With over 800 varieties of heirloom tobacco to choose from, growers will have no trouble differentiating themselves through skillful tobacco/cannabis blending of both leaf and flower.

Top Bottom