legal advice

• Thread starter GrowBot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowBot

GrowBot

hey what up fellas. had a pretty shitty week. my fuckin landlord just walked into my crib the other day when i wasnt home and saw about 30 plants growing. he told me he wasnt gonna call the cops but i had to move out. i asked for a couple extra weeks so i can finish up my last batch and pay him some money. he agreed but im wondering if the motherfucker took pictures. if he took pics you think i could be charged with anything? i dunno how the law works but could i get charged with no physical evidence?? another thing is he's saying that i owe him for the rest of the lease which is 6 months. im not sure how this works but if you get evicted dont you just have to pay the rent until someone moves in?? or do you have to pay for the rest of the lease no matter what? thanks for listening, peace

P

Pot Boy

Chop and get all grow equipment erb ouuta there now it aint worth it!

D

DazedNconfussed

I dont think he had the right to enter your house in the first place, I belive renters rights states they must give 24 hours.....

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
usually you gotta give a 72 hour notice on most rentals. if he took pics thats almost hear say to a certain point, most states want you with possession of the substance because its nine tenths of the law. i will strongly advise you get your shit the hell out of there just in case he homie had a change of mind and ends up callin cops on you. who knows, he might go there when your gone and take all your shit.....what would you do then, go to the cops LOL??? they will arrest you......im sure your a smart dude, and anyone thats been in shit before will tell you its never worth it to live on the edge, just play things cool and safe. good luck with your situation and hope you the best. one love. ~SMF~

R

Rolln J

damn that sux - only way a landlord can just walk in is if there is a problem like a burst pipe...

I take it your not a med grower?

always, always, always change the locks on a rental!

S

SSHZ

Fact is, it doesn't matter if the landlord was allowed in or not. Pictures probably wouldn't hold up in court- if that's all they had. They would probably try to over charge you and hope you settle for a lesser count i.e. manufacturing vs. possession. The landlord is the only witness so it's your word vs. his. Clean out immediately and get the hell out of there. And screw the rest of the rent- let him try and find you after you leave! And, I've said it before: Don't grow if you rent. The landlords can always get in if they really need to!

GrowBot

GrowBot

Chop and get all grow equipment erb ouuta there now it aint worth it!

I dont think he had the right to enter your house in the first place, I belive renters rights states they must give 24 hours.....

thats what i was thinking

usually you gotta give a 72 hour notice on most rentals. if he took pics thats almost hear say to a certain point, most states want you with possession of the substance because its nine tenths of the law. i will strongly advise you get your shit the hell out of there just in case he homie had a change of mind and ends up callin cops on you. who knows, he might go there when your gone and take all your shit.....what would you do then, go to the cops LOL??? they will arrest you......im sure your a smart dude, and anyone thats been in shit before will tell you its never worth it to live on the edge, just play things cool and safe. good luck with your situation and hope you the best. one love. ~SMF~

i pretty much have no choice but to ride it out. he wont shut up about the money so im pretty sure that he just wants to get paid. the thing is im wondering if after i pay him if he could do anything if he were to have pics which i have no idea if he even does. i wish i could just bounce out but i will have nowhere else to go and my growing days would be over. he's actually being cool, just doesnt want me in the house anymore. thanks for the advice fellas, ill keep everybody posted as times goes on

T

t2am

You continue to pay monthly on your lease until the unit is occupied. The landlord cant collect two rents on one unit this is against the law in every state that I know of. That said If he's asking for it and willing to give you time to finish your harvest I would give it to him.

As for pictures, and him turning you in after the fact. As long as no other evidence is found the chances of a DA taking that to trial is very low. Assuming your not in them or there is something else clearly linking you to your equipment. The fact that he waited to turn you makes him look very suspect and a horrible witness. He would be the DA's only hope of connecting you to the grow, and who is to say he did not attempt to blackmail you, or even if he was in on it.

If in the future the police are notified you can guaranty a raid on your current residence, pictures and suspect testimony is more than enough for a warrant.

All advice is for entertainment purposes only it pays to have a lawyer on retainer :)

GrowBot

GrowBot

damn that sux - only way a landlord can just walk in is if there is a problem like a burst pipe...

I take it your not a med grower?

always, always, always change the locks on a rental!

thats what i cant firgure out, i changed the dead bolts when i moved in. i think i might of spaced out one night and just locked the bottom lock which he has a key to. thanks for stopping by man

0sWizZle

pay him everything he wants....and bounce .....always change all the locks on a new crib once u move in to prevent this type of shit from going down....the dude wants his money...he probally thinks your making alot of bread seeing all those plants...shit u should see if he wants to partner up and maybe even knock ur rent down some lol maybe in a parallel universe....pay the man his lease terms....when u break a lease your responsible

GrowBot

GrowBot

Fact is, it doesn't matter if the landlord was allowed in or not. Pictures probably wouldn't hold up in court- if that's all they had. They would probably try to over charge you and hope you settle for a lesser count i.e. manufacturing vs. possession. The landlord is the only witness so it's your word vs. his. Clean out immediately and get the hell out of there. And screw the rest of the rent- let him try and find you after you leave! And, I've said it before: Don't grow if you rent. The landlords can always get in if they really need to!

great advice man, thanks... i was thinkin about fucking him outta the money but i didnt know if i could get in trouble if he were to have pics, plus i dont want the heat so ill just pay the man. he keeps texting me saying "im being cool with you so just hold up your end of the deal by paying me, dont just pack your stuff and run off and leave me high and dry"

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Same happened to me kinda turned in to a legal poker game between us! LOL
if your medical! then he broke the law ... Landlord cannot go on property let alone enter without 24 hour notice , even if it is his own property as a renter you do have rights... best is kiss his ass till you can sort it out.. if the shit gets yucky and he wants to be a jerk . let him know you have legal rights and you will seek a attorney , its a no win situation for both partys , he is gonna loose his rent ... maybe he has money to throw around i dont know , maybe you can work it out with him "via" medical reasons!
if not get a VAN now move some , dont wait ! drop you plant numbers at least
also will be hard to prove when then pictures was actually taken ... if they even were unless he happend to have camera on hand i think its unlikely

its not his falt he just wants his property to be safe and get his rental money , i dont think be an issue
he may be scared as much as you thinking he could be held responsable some how as well

i hope all works out well for you

GrowBot

GrowBot

You continue to pay monthly on your lease until the unit is occupied. The landlord cant collect two rents on one unit this is against the law in every state that I know of. That said If he's asking for it and willing to give you time to finish your harvest I would give it to him.

As for pictures, and him turning you in after the fact. As long as no other evidence is found the chances of a DA taking that to trial is very low. Assuming your not in them or there is something else clearly linking you to your equipment. The fact that he waited to turn you makes him look very suspect and a horrible witness. He would be the DA's only hope of connecting you to the grow, and who is to say he did not attempt to blackmail you, or even if he was in on it.

If in the future the police are notified you can guaranty a raid on your current residence, pictures and suspect testimony is more than enough for a warrant.

All advice is for entertainment purposes only it pays to have a lawyer on retainer :)

thanks alot man, you answered alot of my questions

A

afatsoweezer

i agree with those who said pay him. Besides that, THANK him while you're at it and then ask if he would mind giving you a signed reference so you can get a new place. It never hurts to make a request.

Best of luck. You were so fortunate.

GrowBot

GrowBot

Same happened to me kinda turned in to a legal poker game between us! LOL
if your medical! then he broke the law ... Landlord cannot go on property let alone enter without 24 hour notice , even if it is his own property as a renter you do have rights... best is kiss his ass till you can sort it out.. if the shit gets yucky and he wants to be a jerk . let him know you have legal rights and you will seek a attorney , its a no win situation for both partys , he is gonna loose his rent ... maybe he has money to throw around i dont know , maybe you can work it out with him "via" medical reasons!
if not get a VAN now move some , dont wait ! drop you plant numbers at least
also will be hard to prove when then pictures was actually taken ... if they even were unless he happend to have camera on hand i think its unlikely

its not his falt he just wants his property to be safe and get his rental money , i dont think be an issue
he may be scared as much as you thinking he could be held responsable some how as well

i hope all works out well for you

thanks alot man. i talked to his wife the other day and she said that i have to be careful doing this shit, and she doesnt want to see me go to jail. she told me her husband used to sell bud and went to jail for it, she also told me that i had to be pretty smart to do this stuff and that everything looked very professional, lol kind of funny aint it

GrowBot

GrowBot

i agree with those who said pay him. Besides that, THANK him while you're at it and then ask if he would mind giving you a signed reference so you can get a new place. It never hurts to make a request.

Best of luck. You were so fortunate.

thanks alot man... im gonna pay the dude as much as i dont want to. if he's gonna be cool by not calling the cops and give me an extra 2 weeks to finish my batch then i owe it to him. just pissed that i didnt get a notice before he walked in.

T

t2am

I would not stiff your landlord for the remainder of the lease as recommended above.
Yes the chances of you getting in trouble for this crop is low but the landlord calling up the police even without pictures and telling him that he even suspected that you were growing in his property. Is enough in itself to get you on the police's radar. They can find your current home very easily through many methods. without picture or proof getting a warrant would be hard but guess what there a wonderful way around that. A police office knocks on your door says hello to whoever answers and reports that he could smell pot. That and the landlords report is enough to get a warrant in my state.

You want to leave on good terms

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Ahhh he sounds like a good guy !! i would "guess" your safe !
but you want to show him utmost respect for being cool!
not to sound like a jerk but if he told me 2 weeks im outta there in 2 weeks.... lol its scary for property owners!

GrowBot

GrowBot

once again thanks for the advice everybody!!!! i wasnt expecting to get this many comments so fast. i love this community, its like one big happy family, lol

GrowBot

GrowBot

I would not stiff your landlord for the remainder of the lease as recommended above.
Yes the chances of you getting in trouble for this crop is low but the landlord calling up the police even without pictures and telling him that he even suspected that you were growing in his property. Is enough in itself to get you on the police's radar. They can find your current home very easily through many methods. without picture or proof getting a warrant would be hard but guess what there a wonderful way around that. A police office knocks on your door says hello to whoever answers and reports that he could smell pot. That and the landlords report is enough to get a warrant in my state.

You want to leave on good terms

your right man. the last thing i want is the thought in the back of my head of being raided cause he talked.

Ahhh he sounds like a good guy !! i would "guess" your safe !
but you want to show him utmost respect for being cool!
not to sound like a jerk but if he told me 2 weeks im outta there in 2 weeks.... lol its scary for property owners!

thanks man. i cant wait to get the fuck outta there, i just want this shit to be over with

Top Bottom