Legal Question

• Thread starter squiggly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

I have a question for those of you professionally processing oil for medical purposes.

Would it be legal to run chemical reactions on extracts for the purpose of isolating the active chemicals??

To clarify my meaning, currently none of what's being done would be considered a reaction per se. It's all extraction, as the chemical structure of the target chemicals is conserved throughout the processes. Decarboxylation is a reaction, but reactions of this type are not generally regulated as they occur spontaneously.

What I'm suggesting is changing various chemical structures of cannabinoids such that they become easy to precipitate out of solution and isolate. This could theoretically be used to obtain 99.9% pure cannabinoids easily and in many ways the end result would be, overall, more safe to ingest.

There are several possible pathways to this I imagine, and most of the chemicals needed shouldn't require any special permit.

N

noone88

I have a question for those of you professionally processing oil for medical purposes.

Would it be legal to run chemical reactions on extracts for the purpose of isolating the active chemicals??

To clarify my meaning, currently none of what's being done would be considered a reaction per se. It's all extraction, as the chemical structure of the target chemicals is conserved throughout the processes. Decarboxylation is a reaction, but reactions of this type are not generally regulated as they occur spontaneously.

What I'm suggesting is changing various chemical structures of cannabinoids such that they become easy to precipitate out of solution and isolate. This could theoretically be used to obtain 99.9% pure cannabinoids easily and in many ways the end result would be, overall, more safe to ingest.

There are several possible pathways to this I imagine, and most of the chemicals needed shouldn't require any special permit.

Unfortunately, I believe with your idea, it would fall under manufacturing.

Top Bottom