Legal question

• Thread starter pRiMo303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I'm asking this question per CO law:

Who is allowed, legally, to have access to a caregivers grow space? I'm looking to rent a space, law requires grow be behind security locks, and the person I'm considering subletting from wants keys to the grow--i don't want that, and I thought bc of the laws and that they're recreational only and I'm a caregiver that I could refuse this request.

lino

lino

I know people that are renting homes that already have Grow Eq and grn houses attached in Colo (denver metro). They have been reluctant thus far to advertise GRO-HOME for rent;. If anyone is interested PM me. All of em want more money from growers than non-growers. I asked why more money than standard 2 bedroom rent, answered "Risk", the one good thing you wouldnt have to worry bout land lords upset bout plants,

Last edited:
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
He wants access to the grow or the warehouse the grow in in? but both the landlord/owner and fire marshall pretty much want total access to your shit..If you have to got thru inspections its no big deal, fire extinguishers and no extension cords go a long ways..lol

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

He keeps talking trust too, but that isn't the issue. My issue is that he's a novice at best, and his room was SLOPPY--flimsy saucers on carpet and spilling runoff into the padding. I am anal/ocd/neat freak, whatever. All the equipment is mine. You break, you buy--and he doesnt have the money to buy. I never enter my rooms wo showering. He lays around on the couch with his dogs and then goes up in the room to breathe on plants, as if its making a significant difference. I'm still trying to eradicate mites from his previous grow, and he doesn't understand the importance of cleanliness in the grow.

So yeah, its not so much the trust as it is he doesn't know what half the equipment is nor could he afford to replace it. Also, I don't want someone in there that doesn't understand simple concept of cleanliness and contamination.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

He wants access to the grow or the warehouse the grow in in? but both the landlord/owner and fire marshall pretty much want total access to your shit..If you have to got thru inspections its no big deal, fire extinguishers and no extension cords go a long ways..lol
Its a guy that rents a house. I pay half the rent for the basement, but although I pay half of rent I am still sharing part of the grow space--generous of myself IMHO. Rather than putting individual locks on all roomsI was just gonna put one on the door that divides the levels. He ddoesn't want to be locked out of half his house, I don't want a noob messing w my gear. Nothing downstairs belongs to him. I was hoping it could be as easy as me telling him its a legal matter and that by law I can't allow him access bc he's rec and I'm a caregiver and legally he can't access bc of counts, etc

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Well, I mean, you can still TELL him that. See if he believes it? You could also just tell him all the reasons listed here why you don't want him to have keys.
If you were growing in my house I'd want keys so at least if there is a fire I don't have to break the door down. But I understand not wanting a noob to be able to fuck with shit.
Cameras in the basement? If shit is getting fucked with you'll be ale to sit him down and break it out play-by-play. Even fake ones have the power to keep people in check with agreed upon procedures...Ofcourse if he get's his panties in a twist, it may be more harm than help.

Have you considered the cost/benefit of moving operations elsewhere? By him living there you have a 'partner' whether you like it or not. If he weren't a grower, then you may have a chance of 'renting space'...But sharing space, his house/electric bill, all solidify a 'partnership' of sorts in peoples minds, especially growers.

And if electric is in your name? Move.

But in your posting I get the feeling this is a recent combining of resources...Which sucks, 'cause that usually means you're locked in for a bit.

Good luck.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Oh..so he's an aspiring botanist and right up under in the rooms like a rash..those are the worse ones, good luck with that..you should just get one of those 1000ft caregiver warehouses that are poppin up now, even a high plant count and you can get one and make it work pretty easy

Top Bottom