Legal state, is it cool to talk weed to supply clerks?

• Thread starter Jackson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jackson

Hi all,

Just a quick question...what advise would you give to a new farmer who needs to purchase a grow tent, lights, ballasts, ventilation, odor control...the whole bag of tricks, when it comes to discussing what I'm doing with a grow shop employee? MM is legal in my state; do I run the risk of the clerk turning me into LEO and having all that ensuing hassle or is it cool to just tell them what my plans are?

Thanks,

Jackson

P

paulycali

Whats up Jackson! Short and simple: For one they usually know what your there for and two tell them your growing tomatoes or some other annual fruit bearing plants. You can use terms like clones, cuttings, mothers, teens, Veg, Flowering ect. Its all good man go in there like theres nothing wrong because there isnt anything wrong with growing your own medicine.

Good Luck and Happy Farming Too!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Better to not mention what your plants are to them. Some stores will kick you out to cover there ass. Do you really want to take the chance.

Better to use wording to protect them (and yourself)

Since is legal on state level but still illegal on federal level. That could put the store in a bad position.

It is also better to not mention anything. Some store are fronts for rats and some store owners would rat you out in a second.

Better safe than sorry.

X

Xceptional

WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN! that makes a big difference and each store is different. in the MMMM Michigan Medical Marijuana Magazine they recently had a grow shop etiquette article.

the shops i use know what i do. i'm open about it and my compliance but at my stores they are cardholders as well. i've even got strain specific def recommendations from them. no mmj ever in the store or on me when i go there. the state you are in an the probably matters the most to this question. after that its just on a store by store basis. you can usually tell the cool ones and say it without saying it and they are preapred to pickup the unspoken and provide specifc instructions

B

Budhog

I'm in Cali and my local grow shop said "fuck it". What we do is legal and i'm here to help u grow POT!!!

We get to talk directly and there's no guessing. He will even let u bring plants in for diagnosis. I know most don't do it like this, but maybe this is a trend........

God Bless California!!!!!

K

kmk4eva

my hydro knows whats up best its best to keep them out of your biz for everybodys safty

M

mrdizzle

you can talk about it without ever saying th world weed. I talk with my shop owner, we both are talking about weed, but neither of us ever say the word weed

sky high

sky high

As an ex-hydro shop owner....here's what i know/felt/experienced....

It isn't that shop owners aren't usually cool.... it's that Hydrofarm and sunlight Supply Co. and other wholesaler equipment suppliers make the shop owners sign an agreement that they will not KNOWINGLY sell equipment to someone growing pot. If found doing so...HF and SS will cut the store off from wholesale sales. While it has loosened up some with 14 states goin med, the store owners who speak openly are taking a sizeable risk by doing so.

FWIW...one of THE reasons (other than 3 years without an income) I got out of the game was that one hand would never acknowledge what the other hand was REALLY doing. HF and SS Supply STILL try to do all they can to distance themselves from the VERY industry/hoby that has BUILT their companies into multi-million dollar a year empires.

Here in my town...where 5 years ago >>I<< was the only game in town, there are now 4 hydro shops. Because competition is keen and folks THINK they will get rich selling this equipment, one store owner told me that after a potential competitor was told by HF/SS recently that there were already enough stores in town and was refused a wholesale gig.... this person fabricated a story that he bought pot in my buddy's store and then called both HF and SS and dumped the BS story on them. While my buddy was able to reason/talk his way into their good graces and assured them no such thing happened...it wasn't easy and they WERE NOT HAPPY. He then had to sign an additional form saying he wouldn't suppply the dispensaries in town with equipment...which..i think he's doin anyway cus he's gotta pay the fuggin bills.... but it shows (IMO) that it's no game that's being played out there for these store owners.

I think it's always best to err on the side of respect. From my own experience I can tell you that I was NEVER impressed by the guys who came in boasting and all full of themselves....but I WAS intrigued (OK, impressed) by the guys who could speak knowledgeably from the get-go who I could tell WTF they were doing without them having to say a word about it.

be smart, be safe....

s h

O

Oregonic

Find a hydro store that you feel comfy in, I have been to my fair share and some just don't "feel" right. I found my fav one and after a few trips for minor things the owner got wise and we started talking more openly, as he is also a card holder.

Like others have said, the people there are going to pickup on your lingo and know whats whats, you can get your goods and a lot of info without ever saying the W word.

Good luck, as much as I like seeing people stay local, there is always the interwebz and a buddies address.

Top Bottom