Legal Victory For Medical Marijuana

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Legal Victory For Medical Marijuana

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS/AP) -- California's highest court has approved the issuance of government medical marijuana identification cards by refusing to consider a legal challenge to the law.

The state Supreme Court declined without comment to hear two cities' and a county's challenge to California's medical marijuana law and the issuance of state identification cards.

The lawsuit filed by San Diego, San Bernardino and Merced County in 2006 was tossed out by two lower courts.

The state Supreme Court's refusal to consider the case Thursday ends the matter.

Source:

O

ograskal

Thats fuckin great news...I live in fucked up San Bernardino County and the pigs here dont respect the mj laws here...Hopefully now they will....~ogr

E

ELITE GENETICS

good to hear yeah many peeps can only have 12 or 6 even & pigs still will raid your ass if they want..

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I agree with Elite and raskal. The cops just cuff n stuff...... let the court figure it out. Then your left with thousands in lawyer bills and stripped of your rights. RAW! Is the limit still 6 and can the feds still come to get us? I didnt really understand what they were saying.

bodhi seeds

bodhi seeds

nice one.....
the tides are turning...
:flower:flower:flower

S

Sway

sb 420 is the bill that limits growers in california to possession and cultivation, but was never voted on by the public, therefore it will not hold up in court and there is technically no limit on cultivation as long as its considered for personal use. this is where your doctor comes in. tell him u burn over 3 ounces a week for your medical needs. therefore u would need to grow a ton more plants to keep up with ur medical needs. my doctor is Dr. Denny, head of the coalition of medical cannabis doctors and is considered an expert for the supreme court. this information is straight from him. sb 420 doesnt mean shit. thats the problem with medical cannabis is the laws are so vague and fucked it lets the feds do what they want, and confuses medical patients.

O

ograskal

Hey Bro....My Doctor is also Dr. Denny...He's a real Kool Doc...~ogr

H

HolliHerb

The laws are indeed vague. however SB 420 and Prop 215 WILL hold up in a CALIFORNIA court. We've already had many precedent rulings in California alone. One was the Felix Kha vs Garden Grove. In which supreme court noted on paper and voted upon by the justice group in favor of Kha stateing State law enforcers follows just that state laws and they do not enforce federal laws.

The laws are vague when we are going into details but if you follow the guideline, your within your limit and your not some dumbass - than your fine.

I've gone over all possible information with a criminal lawyer of mine and he worked into all the gray areas and literally came to the conclusion that no one can be screwed if following exactly to SB420 as we're legit patients under PROP215 with guideline SB420 that we are well within. :music:music:music

Cannabis is becoming more and more accepted. It won't be long now... We are closer than before.

D

doubleds

grams per day

Up here in cold ass canada your limits are depicted by your gram)s per day. 5 grams per day equals 25 plants total, 3 grams is 15 and so on. Where we luck out is there is no rules for size of plants. I grow 23 4ftrs w 20 1000 watt lights, all side lighting and.... well..... you get the point !!

I am a designated grower for a patient, 64 plant limit, so i have 23 in flower, 23 in veg, 6 mothers and can start a 12 pack of seeds any time i like. Works well this system !!

Delta-9 Labs

Delta-9 Labs

Breeder
Supporter
Right On! Hopefully all this great momentum and achievement from the crew in Cali will carry this on Nationwide. Best wishes to All. Ed

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

It is great news for patients in SD, I was very excited for patients in SD when I heard the great news. This really is a victory for patients, MMJ, and justice.

There is unfortunate news. The lawyers for those counties are looking to pursue this to federal court. But it is very likely that federal court will not hear this, as the issue of MMJ isn't really the issue the counties are going to be able to argue on. What SD, San Bernardino, and Merced are all going to have to prove in court is that they do not have to follow state law because it is not in accordance with federal law. I do not think the Supreme Court justices will even debate this issue, other more poignant cases have been made for state vs. federal law. I have a feeling by spring, at worst the end of '09 SD, SB, and Merced will all be issuing medical cards.

mace

mace

sb420:

The subsection of the law that refers to the amount of plants and meds a person can grow or be in possession of was stricken out of the law by the State Supreme court earlier this year.

I read the pdf from the court, it upholds all the other protections sb420 provides but strips it of this line item.

Top Bottom