legalization petition?

• Thread starter jkjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jkjay

After ya'll do some time for herb come back and tell me if you'd rather have it completly illegal, or if you want to own some real estate (in the form of a legal defense) from wich you and your lawyer can make a stand. Yeah, it won't help much if your growing hundreds or simply smoking in a national forest. But I'll take some freedom over none and come back for more later. This doesn't preclude anyone from doin what ever the fuck they want as they always have. Just gives the majority a little protection, and throws up a smoke screen allowing the rest to be a little safer doin' what they do.

S

Shady Acres

a bunch of mental masturbation in here, damn. i'll keep my focus on growing

true grit

true grit

First I wanna say thanks for actually taking the time to get back to me on these answers. Secondly I would like to say (from experience in this realm as well) many of the ideas/responses are logical- but simply put- idealistic to say the least and not as likely to follow in actual practice...as demonstrated time and again. And which I believe can be a real problem.

My respones will be the italicized ones.

BOLD is reply. This reply is not from me, but another SensiCo employee. So...

Actually the initiative provides extra protection in addition to A20 because it permits a person to possess all the marijuana he can grow on his six plants. Thus, it fixes the harvest problem where a patient finds himself with more than two ounces because he is too good of a grower. In addition, patient with red cards will be able to grow double the amount of plants ( 6 under Amendment 20 and 6 under our initiative, for a grand total of 12).

That is nice to be safely allowed 12, but lets be realisitic, that is not going to be probable for most growers. Not every grower grows the same way, and not every grower should be required to, to simply fit a theoretical guideline. A guy with a 4x4 with 16 plants is in violation regardless of how much he can produce- even if its under 2oz. Once again you have now created another criminal. MMC's are allowed thousands of plants by state law, why not work to provide protection under the Federal minimum and eliminate all gray area?

We are not creating a “new class of criminals” this class already exists. Private sales/trade happens every day. All we are doing is making it legal for EVERY adult to possess limited amounts of marijuana – not changing any other laws or making any new crimes.

Yes, and as soon as you state that the legal medicine is only legal with in your domicile- there will be people carrying, selling, and trading outside of that....which means there will be enforcement. If you think this doesn't create a new criminal then you are being naive. I would not attempt it currently in fear of harassment, why would you think when everyone can do it, there wouldn't be extra concern for enforcement? Whether it wants to be admitted or not, once everyone can grow access to minors will be even more readily available... that will be a point of legislators and LEO and they will do what they can to enforce.

It’s actually true – you can possess forever however much you can continuously grow on six plants.

And the reality is that we would be 1 of 50 states with legal access. This means that LEO/legislators will be expecting trafficking across state lines due to this. Really doubt they will allow people to legally keep multiple pounds with no harassment because of that fear. Just thinking logically here.

Right now, only patients can possess marijuana which is one of the reasons they are harassed because law enforcement believes they are the people to blame for illegal marijuana in our society. Once every adult can possess marijuana, law enforcement’s hand will be tied. They won’t be able to question a patient’s status because everyone can possess it. Patient won’t be this discriminated group of people for using marijuana because everyone will be able to use it. In addition, patient will also have two laws that protect them for LEO – not just one.

Again and idealistic goal here. Legal adults will be harassed due to what I stated above- we will be the only legal state and there will be fear of trafficking to non-legal states with the surge of "legal" pot. They can't prove patients are to blame currently for all the outside sales, trafficking, black market, etc but as you stated we are blamed- and thats only around what 250k people? What do you think the concern will be once its statewide?

We passed the lowest priority measure in Denver, and the cops did not listen to us.

That was in Denver and under an ounce, not for cultivation or private sales. Big difference. Statewide if you drop penalities for cultivation would be much more effective. And if the first wasn't effective to remove harassment- do you think a statewide legal measure would be? Our constitutional rights are not even being protected as medical patients. I'm assuming this would be a legalization measure/bill? Or would it be solidified constitutionally? Again lets make the criminal not worth the chase. When its wastes judges time, that trickles down. I've been part of some very influential lobbying groups where the reality is district court judges acknowledge drug crimes being a waste, and if penalties are reduced they let LEO know what they think, and should do. otherwise they state what the LEO should do, but still exact current penalties.

We have been and we are. In the past, we have sued the state, testified in front of the board of health, petitioned to add new debilitating conditions. In fact, we have asked the CDPHE to lower the fee hundreds of times. Thankfully, right now they have plans to lower the fee to $35.

Again thanks for you efforts, I don't always know what legal actions are being taken or more what "successes" have been made as it still seems an uphill battle even for patients.

We are trying too. Every day I am on the phone with patients who have faced systemic discrimination in the work place, with their landlords, in court, and in child custody battles. We are planning on running a bill this upcoming legislative session to protect patients from employment discrimination. Also, we should be a launching a new patient PR campaign over the next month to help sway public opinion that patients should not be systemically discriminated against.

That is awesome, would be outstanding to have workplace protection as patients.

You don’t have to register in our state to have protections under Amendment 20. How would you suggest amending the laws?

I hear mixed things on this. I believe as you say, but many who have had visits or would like to get jobs in the MMC have stated they need redcards.

Currently the best platform I have seen is what Nevada was proposing. Not sure where it sits, but basically stated that-
a. Registries are not being kept confidential which is a danger to patients- to fix this patients will only be required a medical recommendation from their doctor
b. The recommendation and plant count is determinable by the doctor and as long as under Fed minimum, is protected by state law even without registering with the state.
c. Unlimited caregivering with reimbursement for services. And services only need to be growing of medical cannabis. Do believe you have to stay under Fed minimum regardless of patient count though.
d. protection of doctors who write valid recs to patients.

Think theres more, but can't think of it off the head. Not sure where this is sitting during this session for them though.

Every day I work for patients. I honestly believe that the best way for patients who have PTSD, bipolar, depression, narcolepsy to be able to use the medicine they need is to legalize marijuana for the masses. In addition, I do believe that once it is legalized, patients will no longer face systemic discrimination because they will not be the only class of people using marijuana.

That would be nice, is PTSD being recognized currently for military? I know VA is allowing meds for patients in med states. Bipolar does need to be addressed though, as being bipolar my psych did suggest MMJ to me instead of anti-depressants and anti-psychotics causing adverse reactions to manic issues.

declare personal cultivation a matter of statewide concern – thus it will be impossible for locals to regulate or zone it. In fact, all the regulations (like in Denver) regarding a limitation on plants numbers would likely be voided after our initiative.

Frankly like i said, it would only take one incident to cause a public backlash and at least some form of enforcement. Its inevitable. To assume things would just continue on unchecked, is just not realistic if there are no other concerns with the rest of the laws.

Don’t live in an HOA.

lol, i see.

S

SensiCO

Grit, can you PM one of your email addresses so I can send you a response?

true grit

true grit

No offense meant, but I'd prefer to keep it all on the forums please.

S

SensiCO

OK... It will be a while before I can post the reply then...

I'll have to format it since the bold, italics and underline do not c/p, and I'll possibly have to paraphrase some, or all of it.

Joy.

true grit

true grit

Easiest is to do as i did, quote the reply and simply delete the Bold parts by you and simply reply in bold. Not too hard, and hopefully your name is Joy. ha.

J

jkjay

Peace, and JOY, and positive vibrations to all who are working together for a greener future.

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

Here in the Springs I've yet to see anybody collecting signatures. Poor organization I suppose. When we were working to get A20 on the ballot you couldn't go any where with out seeing people with clipboards. Guess this shows whos serious and whos not.

I

IronLung D9

can someone point me to the forms? I'd like to have them in all 3 of my shops..

Latest posts

Top Bottom