Legalization will soon come!

• Thread starter theconsumer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theconsumer

The United States government has shifted much of their focus on the activities of the Mexican drug cartels operating at free will within our borders. The solution is easy, legalize marijuana so that these cartels can stop tapping into a booming market of smokers. Not only will these cartels operations be hindered but the man could essentially take advantage of being able to tax the product such as seen in California. Although, the last thing we want is a government regulation of anything, it would seem to be the first step of legalization. It doesn't make sense that if they can't stop it, they won't try to benefit from it at all, but I suppose all these possession tickets and fines have allowed them to benefit already. They could at minimum stop throwing good people in cages with animals over the forced criminalization of a plant that might cause you to order an extra large pizza.

H

herby

If they legalize it what will they do with all those dea agents, helicopters, empty prison cells ect. The war on drugs is big business, to the tune of about 44 billion a year.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
herby and boxmunch exactly wat i thought buddys even if they did wich i doubt what about all the coke ,heroin,and meth

P

punkadc

i dont think this is wishful thinking...
there is definitely change in the air regarding cannabis in general.... at least in my neck of the woods...
i dont think people (non-smokers) think its the "evil" thing they thought it was just a few years ago...
and look at how legislation for medical cannabis and "decriminalization" is popping up in states across the country...
we may not see full-on legalization for a while yet, but i think people are really starting to realize that stoners arent drug addicts....

....or maybe im just wishfully-thinking, too...?

S

Somnambulist

The war on drugs is big business

Unfortunately, this is true on so many levels that the US will probably never legalize, regardless of what happens with the economy, etc. The government makes money on it, the states make money on it, the lawmakers make money on it (in the form of kickbacks aka "campaign donations" from the lobbyists from big corporations and industries who also make money on it, and will stand to lose billions if it ever becomes legal) And the latter is the main reason it will likely never become legal.

I wish it would just as much as anyone, but with the way this country and government functions, fact is, it will most likely never become legal.

T

theconsumer

I suppose all we can do is wait and see. If Obama can get rid of the BCS, he can legalize marijuana, yes we can lmao.

B

boxmunch9

yea im more for decriminalization and medical marijuana over full out legalization. obama actually laughed at the question will marijuana legalization save our economy. but your right the misinformation is starting to change. americans want their weed

S

StonedOwl

If you look at the media you can see how peoples perceptions are slowly changing. G4 and their 420 bash, Family Guy and the ten minute long "bag of weed" song just the other day, and the Simpsons who have voiced pro pot opinions. Slowly but ever so surly the tide is changing.
I think all we need is someone like John Stewart to take the lead and command his army of viewers to finally end this stupid, wasteful war. I mean the man practically got Obama elected by himself. Just think what he could do for Cannabis legalization if he wanted to.

M

moyerjoey

in my opinion legalizing it would take the focus off marijuana dealers whose gonna go get a nah of garbage or a high priced bag of fire at street value when they can go get it for a reasonable price this leading to the end of illegal marijuana dealing forcing them to either get a job or sell real drugs then the cops dea and feds can put more focus on the real drugs that are killing our youth I fucking know 14 year olds that smoke crack and I really mean that get that dealer off the streets not some guy that wants to grow a god dam plant there's still a 44 billion dollar drug business out there with out weed stop focusing on plants and go after the man made shit and see how much a country can improve

666elsie

$44,000,000,000.oo now thats a lot of donuts!! any one see marijuana nation ??Those DEA are just federal stooges is all they are,too lazy to work and too sTooPiD to steal.

R

ReelBusy1

Will we ever learn?

Throughout history in every country prohibition policies have been proven as failed social experiments time and time again.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
my opinion if we wernt wasting millions daily on wars in afghanistan and iraq maybe we this country would be in a little better shape

S

Seven

I know this;

I have a friend whose daughter works for the Federal DEA as a secrectary. They got a "new" boss directly from DC, a couple weeks ago and he held a meeting and told the agents that word through various sources and discussions in DC that it is coming. Some DEA bosses have told their agents to start looking the other way on minor offenses. He said they have set any dates but something will happen before the next election.

We shall see!

S

shivavaranessi

tbh i dont even want cannabis to be legalised, for wat so gverment wankers can slap huge ass taxes on our weed just like they done with tobbaco and alcohol no thanks fuck that shit ill sit bk and grow my shit just lke ive been doing for the past four years, but if you think about it there still gettng money from the taxes on our massive electric bils lol but my answer to legalisaton is no (unless it were on the tokers and growers terms and conditons then definatley )
peace:damnhippie:

D

Donk Frog

If legalized weed and hash sales in north america per year would blow that 44billion out of the water......do you really have any idea of how much is made off weed per year.....but the fact is true lobbists from both pharma, tabacco , and texttile industry will fight it all the way....we need to convice big tabbaco to get on our side as they have the most to gain if legalization ever comes, they have the means to swith from tabacco to weed on a large scale........

S

shivavaranessi

If legalized weed and hash sales in north america per year would blow that 44billion out of the water......do you really have any idea of how much is made off weed per year.....but the fact is true lobbists from both pharma, tabacco , and texttile industry will fight it all the way....we need to convice big tabbaco to get on our side as they have the most to gain if legalization ever comes, they have the means to swith from tabacco to weed on a large scale........

thus creating massive taxes on cannabis....which will make the prices that the average cannabis user pays nowadays, alot higher as a taxable product......also we will see al this other bullshit were they will put regulations on how strong cannabis should be.....fuck that do you reay want t live n that cannabis society I DONT
PEACE:damnhippie:
shiva

S

StonedOwl

Ya know the tobacco companies have been getting ready for the possibility of legal cannabis for years.

I don't remember which company it is, but one of them already has the rights to Marley brand marijuana cigarettes.

Their just sitting back and waiting for the day they can go into production. A large company only cares about one thing.

Link:

S

shivavaranessi

Ya know the tobacco companies have been getting ready for the possibility of legal cannabis for years.

I don't remember which company it is, but one of them already has the rights to Marley brand marijuana cigarettes.

Their just sitting back and waiting for the day they can go into production. A large company only cares about one thing.

Link:

hi stoned owl:smiley_joint:
i just read that article you sent from the link and theres something there that interested me and maybe other excited some of the reader into thinking cannabis is easly taxable here part of the article........
For example, many people don’t realize that Proposition 215, which legalized medicinal marijuana in California, was passed mainly because of a couple of large donations (by George Soros and Dennis Peron) to pay for petitioners and so forth. THE MAIN REASON MARIJUANA IS STLLl ILLEGAL IS THAT THE INDUSTRIES THAT STAND TO LOSE BILLIONS (alcohol, tobacco, pharmaceuticals) donate huge amounts of money to politicians who support their agendas, which include keeping marijuana illegal........( THE BRUTAL IRONY HERE IS THAT THESE SAME COMPANIES STAND TO MAKE BLLIONS WHEN IT BECOMES LEGAL).
or do they let me ask a simple question to everyone here looking at this topic
WOULD YOU STIL GROW CANNABIS IF IT BECOME LEGAL?
if so you would be causing the same problem so many tobbaco and alcohol companies have which is the ILLEGAL BLACKMARKET do you think if they legalised and taxed cannabis every average joe could grow it NOT A CHANCE it would be the big cmpanies running it like ( lambert and butler , richmond , marlborough and so on)
that article has faint truths innit dnt believe everythng a magazine says stoned owl
peace:damnhippie:
shiva

M

MIZZ ELVIS

Its all merely speculation right now as to the way the Federal Government would go about legalization, if they ever decided to...........My 2 cents is, If there is a conflict between the public's interest and the private interest of governmental decision-makers, the public's interest will lose. I dont think the feds will even consider changing their drug laws or stopping their war on drugs because its in their best intrest to keep this system in place. The war on drugs is the American governments, best tool to continue eroding the civil liberties of the people and maintain their dominant control. This is true for many other countries of the world as well, not just the USA. I believe its up to state and local (same goes for people oppressed by other US puppet gov.of the world) governmental grass roots movements to create awareness, and cause enough change that the feds have no choice but to follow suit. We have thirteen states so far with MMJ
legislation. We keep it up, and before you know it, other states shall do the same, and from their, if states were to fully legalize MJ; than the federal Gov. would have a battle they couldn't fight. Maybe I'm naive but I hope this happens. Say California were to fully legalize MJ....It could spark a mini revolution of sorts, setting the stage for a renewed and accurate understanding of states rights. I may sound a fool to some, merely hoping against hope for change, but I feel this IS possible, and I pray people involved in this plight for justice do everything in their own power to make it so. We must fight to get the power back to the people. If all the oppressed, and simple believers of true freedom around the world, came together as one single unified front against our oppressors; then the balance of power would be restored. We, the people have to make it happen.

Top Bottom