Leggy seedling need advice TY

• Thread starter jj71787
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jj71787

Hi Everyone. I am growing Alaskan Purple. I had both stems stretch towards the light. Starting under a CFL and moving outdoors soon.
I tried to replant because the stems became very long and both were falling over.

My concern is the first picture. I transplanted from a solo cup because it was falling over. I replanted into a bigger pot and tried to fill the dirt as high as I could. I think most of you will say to add more dirt or try replanting again, but the stem is still falling over on the first plant. The seed shell is also still hanging onto the stem and it's been 5 days.

The first picture, I added more soil because it was also falling over, but I was able to get this one to stand on it's own.
Leggy seedling need advice ty 2
Leggy seedling need advice ty

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Seedlings stretch because they aren't getting enough light. Either bring the light closer or turn it up. I used to have my t-5 fluorescent lights about 3-5 inches from my seedlings.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

They can also stretch if you have the wrong spectrum even if light intensity is adequate. They sell CFL in many different temperatures, what do you have?

J

jj71787

They can also stretch if you have the wrong spectrum even if light intensity is adequate. They sell CFL in many different temperatures, what do you have?
I honestly was only going to use the light until they sprouted a 2nd set of leaves and then move outside, so i was using a regular desk lamp with a regular cfl bulb.

Oldsog

Oldsog

Supporter
if they fall over from dampening off then you're out of luck but if they just fall over use a green twistie tie to prop it up.

20220629 074350 002

20220629 074409 002

Latest posts

Top Bottom