Legit Or Low Key?

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

I live in a med state and plan on growing in the near future. I wanted to get some opinions and weight the pros and cons on whether or not to get certified. The plant count is pretty low(12) and the dried plant count even lower (2.5 oz) making it tough to stay in the lines. So weigh in...is it better to be on paper an potentially bring unwanted attention your way or stay low and keep your fingers crossed?

chronic68

chronic68

I live in a med state and plan on growing in the near future. I wanted to get some opinions and weight the pros and cons on whether or not to get certified. The plant count is pretty low(12) and the dried plant count even lower (2.5 oz) making it tough to stay in the lines. So weigh in...is it better to be on paper an potentially bring unwanted attention your way or stay low and keep your fingers crossed?
it honestly depends on the state for example cali washington and colorado id say just keep it to yourself but Michigan and the others i have no idea.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I would weigh the penalty for getting caught without paperwork. If it's something I could live with if busted, I would stay on the down low.
I had the sheriff helicopter do a low fly over with pivotal circle 100 feet over my garden while I was sitting there. At least I know not to let shit get out of hand .

incogneato

incogneato

I live in a legal state but not a legal country. It conflicts with a few other things but I'll still prib sign up

BudBogart

BudBogart

If your in a legal state, why not be legal? It's like being hammered at a bar and having a FREE taxi ride home, but choosing to drive yourself and getting caught dui.

Because it makes it easier for them to round us all up after they change their mind. Kind of like gun registration.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
All depends. Here in colo.They can change rules anytime..
Counties cities have ordinances and can do what ever. Aurora near Denver banned outdoor grows..
Our county knock and talk, most times will just ask if you got papers and that's that.
no knock and talk here...
seems great and all at first, but the flood of mid to low grade and throat cutting makes it difficult if you expecting income..
So we do our thing for friends and family make salves and oils, that's really something you should look into those salves and oils really help and are easy and cheap to make with trim..

scoop

scoop

Unfortunately...nobody with any balls has challenged the changes to county/city laws that directly go against Amendment 20 and Amendment 64 here in CO. EVERY person 21 and over...resident or not...has the RIGHT to grow 6 plants. Without a doubt...the 12 plant caps/limits for PERSONAL medical/rec grows Co springs and other municipalities are imposing on growers are illegal. However, with all of the hammerheads in state these days...such things were bound to happen >somewhere<.

I'm not that familiar with MI laws....but public sentiment/acceptance of MEDICAL use is far greater than it is for just growing and appearing as if you are doing it for profit (no card, no visible need, no registration with the State). We have knuckleheads here who grow and SAY they are "medical" but they have no paperwork...and paid no fee to the state. It's like fishing or driving without a license....if you don't PAY to play....you're not playing safely and are taking a big risk, IMO> The ONE time the cops came to my house in CO in 2007 I had my cards and THAT is what caused the pigglie at the door to speak into the phone "It's a non-issue now, Sir...they have medical cards issued by the State".

If yer goin it without a card...you might as well fly HUGE.... stay under 99 and retain an attorney

incogneato

incogneato

Because it makes it easier for them to round us all up after they change their mind. Kind of like gun registration.
My sentiments exactly. I don't spend all my time wearing a foil hat and surfing the web but I don't really trust the gov. The laws here are vague and don't cover all the areas ( like most mmj laws lol)

BudBogart

BudBogart

Unfortunately...nobody with any balls has challenged the changes to county/city laws that directly go against Amendment 20 and Amendment 64 here in CO. EVERY person 21 and over...resident or not...has the RIGHT to grow 6 plants. Without a doubt...the 12 plant caps/limits for PERSONAL medical/rec grows Co springs and other municipalities are imposing on growers are illegal. However, with all of the hammerheads in state these days...such things were bound to happen >somewhere<.

I'm not that familiar with MI laws....but public sentiment/acceptance of MEDICAL use is far greater than it is for just growing and appearing as if you are doing it for profit (no card, no visible need, no registration with the State). We have knuckleheads here who grow and SAY they are "medical" but they have no paperwork...and paid no fee to the state. It's like fishing or driving without a license....if you don't PAY to play....you're not playing safely and are taking a big risk, IMO> The ONE time the cops came to my house in CO in 2007 I had my cards and THAT is what caused the pigglie at the door to speak into the phone "It's a non-issue now, Sir...they have medical cards issued by the State".

If yer goin it without a card...you might as well fly HUGE.... stay under 99 and retain an attorney

You are probably right and with the direction things are headed with cannabis it's probably best to make things legit.
We are in California where you need a doctors recommendation but it is not filed with the authorities but must be presented if needed. My wife and I both have dr recs., but we waited 15 years to see how things went before we got our recs.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
So many growing they do not have time to m as with us small guys

incogneato

incogneato

I worked in Cali for a year and got my rec while I was there. My problem here is that I maintain a cpl and it would be a federal issue to have a mmj cert at the same time

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I gave up my cpl for the right to grow. I still own and possess my firearms, I just can't carry

outnin

outnin

I would suggest getting a doctors referral and no licence then keep it low key. if shit happens you can say I wasn't licensed yet but here's my docs recommendation.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

agreed go big or go home. If your gonna take the risk at least make it worthwhile while your rollin. It is very easy to grow larger grows you just have to do your due diligence and make sure you are secured. 1st bit of advice is tell no one. Loose lips sink ships. And when I say no one that includes wives, girlfriends, buddies, patients, customers etc. Never brag about what you have going and dont flash cash or large volumes of bud.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
agreed go big or go home. If your gonna take the risk at least make it worthwhile while your rollin. It is very easy to grow larger grows you just have to do your due diligence and make sure you are secured. 1st bit of advice is tell no one. Loose lips sink ships. And when I say no one that includes wives, girlfriends, buddies, patients, customers etc. Never brag about what you have going and dont flash cash or large volumes of bud.

True..hard to do but necessary
But the cats out of the bag for most of us and the days of cash wads are long long gone
Funny how so many who never had the balls to grow are now pot snobs with there little tents in their basements and there's is the best..Good for them but us old timers get little respect for leading the way and taking the risk.
They love to get genetics which old timers developed then all of a sudden a pot star/snob is born...
If not for us old timers, been growing myself off and on for 45 years they would be sunk and to me it's old hat the thrill is gone...
Way under legal and med allowance here , good to be a small fish here with a big heart...
Legally cannot move so it's rubs and oils donated to friends and the results of pain relief is payment for us.
Also nice to retaliate against the greedy bastards who only wish to cash in..
Looking forward to you and wife coming for visit, cannot comment to your remark on old farts thread but this is a very very special healing spiritual place that everyone who visits gets almost like reborn.
Lots of love here hearts and doors are open..
And we have met the most incredible people here, their good energy blasts the hate away every time
Be a blast for you guys to help a bit then go play...
Thinking your wife guts, my wife plucks, we fish and dinner and sex better be ready when we get home..
seriously tho you will love it here and I will show you a high time living the good life well I know..

incogneato

incogneato

I gave up my cpl for the right to grow. I still own and possess my firearms, I just can't carry
Something I've considered but as far as state law is concerned I can have both. Its the federales I worry about. And my understanding is that I can't have both on me at the same time.

Top Bottom