Lemon Cherry Gelato going south??

• Thread starter Dustytrails
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Hello All, thanks for stopping by and looking at these photos.
What I got going is;
Temperature controlled tent, temp 75-78, RH= 56
Lights, KIND 420’s set at 75% Veg, 6000 LUX, 12” canopy
FF-OF soil

For sure I questioned my watering habits, every 3-4 days 12-14 oz each.
I got a couple of these same clones outside and their doing great, as my outside grow is super healthy.

What am I doing wrong?

Lemon cherry gelato going south
Lemon cherry gelato going south 2
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Watering incorrectly 100%. I don't even need to read the post I can just tell from looking at your plants and soil.

You've got leaf droop, and even the stems are starting to droop. VERY underwatered. Stop what you are doing, go grab a water jug and completely saturate those pots until you see water coming out of the bottom. Repeat this process when the top soil is dry and the pots are light in weight.

There are 33 ounces in a liter of water. You've been giving your plants half a liter of water every 3-4 days? Watering is not a science with soil grows. You don't give your plants X amount of water every Y days. You water your plants like an art form. You give them what they need based on what you see & feel.

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Watering incorrectly 100%. I don't even need to read the post I can just tell from looking at your plants and soil.

You've got leaf droop, and even the stems are starting to droop. VERY underwatered. Stop what you are doing, go grab a water jug and completely saturate those pots until you see water coming out of the bottom. Repeat this process when the top soil is dry and the pots are light in weight.

There are 33 ounces in a liter of water. You've been giving your plants half a liter of water every 3-4 days? Watering is not a science with soil grows. You don't give your plants X amount of water every Y days. You water your plants like an art form. You give them what they need based on what you see & feel.
Thank you kindly for your reply!
The worry of overwatering and root rot, scared the crap out of me. Also switching from a 5 gallon bag to the current 10 gallon bag left me bewildered on proper watering techniques I guess.

Side note; the light source is giving out 6000 LUX at 75%, and 7800 at 100% at the 12” canopy, is 100% too much light presently for these 5 week old clones?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

YOU'VE BEEN GIVEN 14 OUNCES EVERY 3-4 DAYS WITH 10 GALLON POTS????? 😳

This is madness!

You have fabric pots. Don't be scared....you literally have to be retarded to over water with fabric pots and I mean that in the nicest way possible. The only way to overwater with fabric pots is to let your plants sit in INCHES of water for DAYS at a time. The trick is to completely saturate the pot(with a tiny bit of runoff), and then do not water that pot again until you see the top soil dry and the pot is light when you lift it.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/shadeds-corner-sf4000-se3000.137164/page-5 there's been some discussion on watering in my thread the past few days and I made a little video. 5-10k LUX is fine for now I would slowly increase to 30k in the next week.

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

This is madness!

You have fabric pots. Don't be scared....you literally have to be retarded to over water with fabric pots and I mean that in the nicest way possible. The only way to overwater with fabric pots is to let your plants sit in INCHES of water for DAYS at a time. The trick is to completely saturate the pot(with a tiny bit of runoff), and then do not water that pot again until you see the top soil dry and the pot is light when you lift it.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/shadeds-corner-sf4000-se3000.137164/page-5 there's been some discussion on watering in my thread the past few days and I made a little video. 5-10k LUX is fine for now I would slowly increase to 30k in the next week.
I’ve already made adjustments to my watering and will continue that way, thanks for your words!
I’ll try and not be retarded moving forward, seriously…

I guess I was inadvertently trying to turn these girls into cactus plants, LOL!

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

This is madness!

Overwatering is watering too frequently, as opposed to giving too much water. You're not giving enough volume, so you have to water too frequently. I think you've been overwatering by underwatering, if that makes sense. Water only when pots are very light. When you water, do so slowly until you have about 10% true run-off. Typically takes about a third of the pot volume, but it will depend on your soil and how much root mass you have. Don't worry about how dry your topsoil is...it will dry out long before your pots are light enough to need watering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom