Lenght of time for nute change in UC

• Thread starter googolplexs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

googolplexs

I was just wondering what is good legnth of time to leave nutes in before change out. I have heard different times, I thought that UC guy said 3 weeks, I've seen some say 1 week.
I'm using Technafloria, RFS, in aero been going three weeks but my ppms start to climb, the ph stays good. I have been keeping my nutes for veg at around 1400 ppm climbing to over 1700ppm, some say my meters off but it's snot.
In the deep water, same nutes but ppm about 1100 or 1200, it starts to climb too, maybe it's evaporation, the ph stays good around 5.8ish.
How long can you really go with UC system, it would be pain to change out 100s of gallons of water, lots of times. Can I save the waste nutes and pour on my tomatoes, potatoes, seems such a waste.

I have also heard aslong as your not getting ph spikes your good also.

Right now when I do change out there is no bad smells, except on me it seems, ha ha phew.

U

UNVME

I not once did a complete water change out. When it was time to switch to bloom I drained the veg nutes to the top of the PVC pipe, and added my new bloom nutes.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I was just wondering what is good legnth of time to leave nutes in before change out. I have heard different times, I thought that UC guy said 3 weeks, I've seen some say 1 week.
I'm using Technafloria, RFS, in aero been going three weeks but my ppms start to climb, the ph stays good. I have been keeping my nutes for veg at around 1400 ppm climbing to over 1700ppm, some say my meters off but it's snot.
In the deep water, same nutes but ppm about 1100 or 1200, it starts to climb too, maybe it's evaporation, the ph stays good around 5.8ish.
How long can you really go with UC system, it would be pain to change out 100s of gallons of water, lots of times. Can I save the waste nutes and pour on my tomatoes, potatoes, seems such a waste.

Right now when I do change out there is no bad smells, except on me it seems, ha ha phew.

If ppms rise and ph goes down your ppm's are to hi. Lower your ppm's there is no need to have your ppm's that hi in the UC system during veg 500 to 800 ppms is good the lower is better... JACK

G

googolplexs

Thanks Jack

Less would be better I'm sure, I will drops those down, what about bloom. I have 9 days till I start bloom cycle, what's best ppm 4 dees blooms.

G

googolplexs

I not once did a complete water change out. When it was time to switch to bloom I drained the veg nutes to the top of the PVC pipe, and added my new bloom nutes.

Right UNVME, but do you leave the same nutes 4 da whole bloom.

Tanks we need more tanks, big tanks, 500 gal. tanks, not army tanks silly, no tanks.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

'

Current Culture suggest a water change only every 28 days. Just an F.Y.I.
They also told me there is no need to flush in between water changes.
I still flush with r/o water every water change just in case.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I've gone 28 days between res changes in the UC w/o flushing... Following the FAQ's on www.cch2o.com has been very beneficial... Saved me lots of nutrients and water... Keep It Super Simple... FTW! :cool

D

dorkvan420

I ran a EVO9 and only drained veg nutes at switch, just did as UNVME, left it at bottom and refilled with my bloom and didnt change till I cleaned it out at harvest!!
And those PPMs seem WAY too high in these units IMHO which dont count for much ,LOL, try half those numbers and run with it if the ladies say so!!!

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

When using target products what do you do? For example some additives are fed at different weeks and stopped, do you change out or just keep it the way it is?

R

Robbydux

Jack...
Im puzzled...I tried to follow the H&G formula but it seems to "jack" up my ppms to like 1400...I understand that is way too high. I drain my UC 16 system every week and start with fresh water but still my ppms elevate. Any advice?

Maybe I am miscalculating the amount of water in the system. That is always a challenge. I am running 16 site 8 gallon buckets but try and take into consideration the root mass taking up volume decreasing the amount of water in the system.

My goal would be having to avoid draining the system on a weekly basis and "top off" as needed. I want to make sure the ladies get the right amount of nutrients.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Jack...
Im puzzled...I tried to follow the H&G formula but it seems to "jack" up my ppms to like 1400...I understand that is way too high. I drain my UC 16 system every week and start with fresh water but still my ppms elevate. Any advice?

Maybe I am miscalculating the amount of water in the system. That is always a challenge. I am running 16 site 8 gallon buckets but try and take into consideration the root mass taking up volume decreasing the amount of water in the system.

My goal would be having to avoid draining the system on a weekly basis and "top off" as needed. I want to make sure the ladies get the right amount of nutrients.

Try running 1/2 strength of what label says. Rule of thumb with UC is if ppm keeps crawling then they are set too high to start with. Start at about 600 ppm and see what your ladies say, maybe even 500 guessing they will climb being in high ppm for a bit.
Hope this helps some, I know Jack has been busy so thought I'd try and share. Best of luck.....

T

tunaboy

I would try running about 3/4 strength on the nutes.. back off on the base a little bit maybe. if the ppms are elevating, the plants are sucking up way more water than nutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom