Lep Light Emitting Plasma

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I am in the process of ungrading my lighting system and the gavita plasma lights and the tech have caught my eye. Are there any plasma light users here at the farm?

One question I have is, if they are fired with RF signals are peeps experiencing cable company or others complaining about stray RF signals as was much of the issue with the early digital ballasts for HID lighting?

The tech sounds solid, the heat factor reduction is a plus over HID and the full spectrum that is being touted caught my attention. Many are claiming to be the closest thing to natural sunlight, so whats not to love about that?

I am open to hear from anyone that may have used or are using LEP's and what are the pro's n cons. I realize they are rather expensive but that isnt really an issue if they stack up to all the claims. ........Peace

R

Randog3

I am in the process of ungrading my lighting system and the gavita plasma lights and the tech have caught my eye. Are there any plasma light users here at the farm?

One question I have is, if they are fired with RF signals are peeps experiencing cable company or others complaining about stray RF signals as was much of the issue with the early digital ballasts for HID lighting?

The tech sounds solid, the heat factor reduction is a plus over HID and the full spectrum that is being touted caught my attention. Many are claiming to be the closest thing to natural sunlight, so whats not to love about that?

I am open to hear from anyone that may have used or are using LEP's and what are the pro's n cons. I realize they are rather expensive but that isnt really an issue if they stack up to all the claims. ........Peace

Haven't thrown any Leps in yet. I run a ton of gavita 1000de and want to add some lep in for quality as the hps will push for weight. Lep is really for consiseur grade quality is my understanding. Mixing them into a room will help with quality and yield.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Can anyone speak to the RF signals? I am wondering if the units are sheilded adequetly to keep the neighbors and cable Co off my back. I do have an email in to gavita but no response yet.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
subbing. intend on buying a gavita or two in a few months, but if these prove promising may follow your lead.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

RF usually comes from the wires running between a light fixture and the ballast,gavitas dont have those wires like old style fixtures do as their ballast and light fixture are all in one.I run gavitas but Ive never run a lep,Im pretty sure they would be the same though.I like leps but not the price they want for them,i think for supplemental id spend my money on 315CMH.

Last edited:
Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

I have 2 rocket plasma's. I used em for a year in my veg box. Makes them grow real nice. I still went back to my led after. However, I did like it when I used led and the plasma together. Made for the fullest plants ever in the veg box. I would go with the rocket plasma for the reason I did. You can replace the bulbs yourself when needed. I believe with the others, you would have to send em back for refitting the bulb.
I had a friend test them up against the hps system. The plants under the plasma was way more stinky. I can say that the finished product was tastier than hps as well. Test was done with same variables. Only the lights were the different variable.
Once these lights go mainstream it's going to be awesome. Rockets draw the same as a t5 HO flouro with way more light.
I have to get them new bulbs and I'll be using them again in the winter when it gets cooler.
When it gets hot in the summer, I use the led. Technology is so freaking awesome nowadays.

Aloha and happy growing,
PL.

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Btw, I have had no problems with rf messing my tv up. It sits a whole 6-8 feet from the veg box.

PL.

Top Bottom