Less frosting on upper nugs, more on the bottom. Why?

• Thread starter Cort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cort

Cort

First grow, blue dream mono crop in a 4x4 silver hydrohut 1k hps Botanicare line up PBP, Sweet raw, Hydroplex and hygrozyme. In veg and early-mid bloom was running calmag, silica blast, aqua sheild and super thrive. At day 54 now but in the first week the girls spend a few days in the dark due to equipment malfunction so actual days are kinda off.

Temps on 75-78 Off 68-72
RH 45-50 meter did record one drop to 35 when it got warm for a while

So, I have noticed what seems to be a greater frosting on lower nugs and less on the main colas. Those main colas are sticky, stinky and pretty dense but seem to lack the trich coverage of the lower nugs.

325_2.jpg

325_33.jpg

Was wondering if this is normal? Maybe the main colas are too close to the light? They are about 15 inches but the colas not directly under the light seem the same as directly under. Some other cause my noobness dont know?

Its probably too late to worry about this round as its about time to flush, but would like to know for next round.

dextr0

dextr0

Always happens to mine. Funny had a conversation on it once.

Makes me wonder if it has to do with the shading.

Blaze

Blaze

I think it could have something to do with maturity as well. I've noticed plants usually seem to ripen from the bottom up.

420Gator

420Gator

It's not too late, use a little cha-ching and they'll be frosted the next day

joeca1i

joeca1i

also make sure your light,is the right distance from the canopy.

Cort

Cort

Thanks for the input guys. From what it sounds like, its normal to have a varied amount of trichs on different levels of the plants.

No cha-ching this time. Money is too tight right now. Moab for the next run though. Just as soon as I can stop buying meds and use some of my own things will open up.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
This is not actual fact, but an opinion.. I think its natural for most plants to have more trichomes up top then a down below because of the environment. Think about it, the top buds see the most light, wind, touch, dust, whatever..

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
my two cents...........

i have noticed shaded buds, on some strains, have way more frost on them but no density compared to the directly hit buds

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
exactly

my two cents...........

i have noticed shaded buds, on some strains, have way more frost on them but no density compared to the directly hit buds

light frosty nugs lower down nugs on top frosty but not as much as the bottom alot tighter and harder on top though ..........on my chemo grow anyway jmo
everybody grow everywher ..THEY CANT GET US ALL
:harvest:

B

bigAl25

I'm in my 6th week of flower and right now the lower buds do have more frost on them than the top colas. This may change over the next 4 to 5 weeks, I'll let you know. Just hit them with cha ching today for the first time. We will see if it has a positive impact. The trics may correct this deal over time though.

I

innercityphunk

By the looks of it, those should go for a couple more weeks. then rinse

they'll glaze up soon.

try some overdrive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom