Less Is More,more Or Less

• Thread starter kansabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

Over my few years of growing i have come to my own conclusion that nutrients are way overrated,over used and generally in soil not needed. I am by no means an expert but I'm also not a newb and I have been cutting the amount of nutes I use grow by grow without seeing a difference in yield,potency,growth rate,terps,etc. Now I totally agree that in coco and hydro this isn't as true but for soil as long as it is a good soil to begin with and you have good life in your soil them you are set to go and even to a certain extent soilless mediums could benefit from these microbes to lessen the amount used/needed. But then again most of us people nowadays think we need nutrient supplements to stay healthy and survive when all we really need is to eat real food not junk.lol anyone care to respectfully disagree? Maybe even agree with my craziness?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Ffof will not last 4 week veg and 10 week flower no matter how much you rub the genie lamp. It' quality soil.

1.5gpw average with my bottled nutes and puny 315w cmh bulbs.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You don' feed ffof as its already packed with nutes out of the bag. But won' last most growers timing with their grows.

K

kansabis

I agree that no soil on the market can make it start to finish water only unfortunately,i use ffof and ffhf mix with perlite and get almost thru stretch before seeing signs of needing nutes,it would be awesome if their were more quality soils and better quality soils available to the home gardener in general although building your own soil over a period of time is by far the best and cheapest way to go. Not looking to change minds just open them up a lil. It just seems to me that most first growers and even some experienced believe its impossible to grow a plant without feeding it nutrients from the get go to the end and that more is better. In mother nature all kinds of plant life grow in abundance and don't get fed bottled nutes,its already there but the life inside the soil is the real key,otherwise how do 100year old monster trees and such grow and survive without depleting the soil its in?

K

kansabis

Yeah microbes are magical,we contain more bacteria than we do human cells,to me that means they play a critical role in the cycle of life and sustaining it,kinda creepy but super cool stuff yall.

K

kansabis

Preach! Not only our skin but our digestive and immune system,if we had no bacteria in our guts or even our mouth the food we eat would do very little to no good and we would most likely develop an illness. This is part of my point with the industry manufactured nutrients and how they are used. To me its easier to give what is in need than to overload with stuff that can't be processed or can be so easily processed but contains stuff other than just what is needed,which then creates a myriad of new problems,ego and greed of people create problems tenfold for every so called solution we think we developed,because most of the time we perceived a problem that wasn't even really there. Ok enough philosophical gardening for me tonight.

K

kansabis

Yeah if what your doing is working the way you want it then stay the course,my point was to save some people some time and money that don't like the results they are getting from the resources they fork over. And to make sure people don't forget to think for themselves and not let others do it for them cuz if they will think for you then they probably don't have your interest in mind. And yes I haven't tried doing a no till yet as I'm in 1gal pots but I do compost everything,everyone should compost really,whether you grow anything or not.

K

kansabis

You arent seeing an increase either? Soil that is properly fed when its young should begin to yield more bountiful harvests with increase in quality and vigor as well.

Basically you could stop amending recycled soil after 6 cycles and squeeze 6 more out. The reason this is possible is humus. Humus has the highest CEC of any medium however it has to be fed to get near capacity.

You can in fact start growing in water only soil but heres the kicker...that water only soil will take up to a year to make and thats if youre keeping worms fed a proper diet.
I meant I wasn't seeing an increase as I used more nutes but when I added microbes I noticed faster growth and bigger yield and overall healthier plants.

Ceveres

Ceveres

I'm starting to figure out some of these same things. Recently I have replaced one of my feedings with compost tea, and cut my nutes directly in half with all remaining feedings. I've seen nothing but positive results; my plants are displaying positive phototropism much more often.

K

kansabis

What we can do is experience and learn from it,after all I believe this is the reason we exist.

K

kansabis

Lmao yeah we sure do,now I could understand breaking something that wasn't broken to learn how it goes together or its weaknesses and then feel rewarded from the knowledge but that's not usually what's happening.

K

kansabis

I always kinda thought that mans quest for aliens or whatever was/is a subconscience ego check. That said aliens are 100% real no debates.,lol

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

aliens are real.
any who someone said no till.
any good ingredients list to build soil? no doubt the difference in quality is there between fertilizer and NONE fertilizer weed but I don't want to relay just on my outdoor crop to have sweet smelly organic weed. i grow in coco year round and did notice a difference with the microbes that i added but it's still in testing trails as i don't know if the price of the powered microbes is worth it to the increase in yields.

Top Bottom