Less Is More: With Kendo Green Wizard

• Thread starter Kendo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kendo

Kendo

Greetings my friends, the strongest of Kendo hugs.
Lots of new things happening here at Kendo labs that are taking us in new directions, one of these new directions we chose is less wattage.
I had used pretty much every type of light besides LED and had been successful with 99% of them. Achieving 2# per 1k is not bad considering it was always a mixed bag of tricks :D
With Cost considerations paramount to success in a recreational market I began to explore alternatives to power hungry, hot lights, hot rooms, etc.
I am a Facebook junkie and happened on a battle between a bunch of light manufacturers, so much information I knew nothing about, Lumens, par, Umols, all stuff I know nothing about. What stood out was this one dude that everybody was ganging up on, like a team.... Made me go HMMMM? So i talked to him, For hours, literally. He was a wealth of knowledge about lights but what he was really talking about was his 315w CMH lights. After going thru the 1.8a draw, 3sqf coverage, minimal heat he convinced me to use these lights.
I waited until I finished a full run before I posted outside of these facebook pages. I began harvesting yesterday and am thoroughly impressed enough to share my results.
Here are some specifics
I installed 12 Endomaxx 315w CMH in a 16'x 13' x7' room with 900 cfm exchange thru 2ea, 6" intake/exhaust ducts w/ a 70pint dehumidifier set to 50%. Operational temp 76-78f rh 53% NO AC.
I ran a mixed bag of tricks to see what to expect from different strains, even a couple of, as of yet untested phenos.
2 1/2 weeks veg, 1 week too much I think and these girls were thriving and immediately went into budset and flower.
Pic #1 1 day before flip 2 1/2 weeks from 3" starts.
Pic #2 1 day before flip
Pic #3 Day 19 of flower.
Pic #4 day 26
First Youtube video is from Day 11
Less is more with kendo green wizard 3

Pic #3
Less is more with kendo green wizard 2
Less is more with kendo green wizard
Less is more with kendo green wizard 2

Less is more with kendo green wizard

Less is more with kendo green wizard 4
H

happy b

All looking really good Kendo.the block head looks absolouteley awesome as does your set up.
I dont get to see too many grow rooms living in Scotland as its still illegal.not that i let that stop me.
love the wee videos too

stonestacker

stonestacker

I've been thinking of getting a couple of these to replace my 1k in veg.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Kendo -- I missed the thread(s) I think you're talking about, but I, too, am looking for a lighting option that's much more energy efficient overall than the HPS/MH blend I use when cultivating inside. This year I think I have to do an indoor run, but we can't pay PG&E any more than we already do (which is to say we're paying them nothing). I've been turned off by the high cost of LEDs, plasmas don't float my boat, and I keep turning back to the CMH bulbs. Guess I should contact that guy, eh?

Thanks for posting this, very timely for my musing and questioning.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Been following along at the other spot kendo,waiting to hear on dry yields.Did you notice any quicker maturation on any of the strains your more familiar with?

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

@Kendo I have yet to flower with my 315's. But I will agree with you , I have seen the light. I had the same strain vegging under t5s in their final pots for two weeks. I then potted up the next round and put them under the 315 4200K and the younger transplants caught up with the plants under the t5s in a week.

T

ThaLoudHouse

subscribe........ ive been thinking about picking one of these for a minute. is the 315w cmh the same as the 315w lec?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Curious about a few things. Hope you don't mind the questions.
In the video it looks like you have about 3'-4' from the light to the canopy.
How dense are the bottom of the plants compared to the tops?
Are you noticing a difference if you had the room running HPS lights compared to the 315's?
Thank you.

Kendo

Kendo

Curious about a few things. Hope you don't mind the questions.
In the video it looks like you have about 3'-4' from the light to the canopy.
How dense are the bottom of the plants compared to the tops?
Are you noticing a difference if you had the room running HPS lights compared to the 315's?
Thank you.
3"
3' from the canopy is optimal. These lights run way cooler, the white wing does not absorb the heat like a dimpled shiny one does. I ran at 76-78 with 900cfm exchange from outside. Tops to bottoms. That is a method relative question. SOG should have no bottoms.

B

barefoot

Lookin' good senor................If I ever do start an indoor gig I know who I'll be in touch with...........

All the best amigo...........

ganj on........

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Man oh man I have a million questions. I am building a new room after selling my half of a 10kw room, and am considering putting up 8 x 315w in a room that is 20'x9'x7'. Main question is yield; I have heard of guys hitting 1.5gpw+ with these things. Is there weight to this? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Latest posts

Top Bottom