Let’s Discuss Nutrient Lines specifically developed for Marijuana

• Thread starter Frodobagins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Frodobagins

This discussion isn't to push or praise any particular nutrient line. The purpose is to present nutrient lines and feed schedules specifically developed for marijuana cultivation or at least with marijuana in mind.

I see so many grows that display slow growing, sickly, low yielding, plants lacking potency. The truth is in most cases its not your lights, its not your equipment, its not your space, and its not your watering schedule. Its the crappy subpar nutrient line that was developed for roses, food crops, house plants, or other applications that we've became attached to for years, that predispositioned us for all of our problems down the road.

The nutrient lines are not geared to marijuana in most cases will produce overfeed/burnt or nutrient deficient plants upon initial use. We then begin tweaking, adding this and that, trying to compensate for a product that we shouldnt even be using in the first place. You would not use brake fluid for engine oil!

These overfeed or nutrient deficient plants are then introduced into flowering, and we wonder why they are slow growing, why the onset of flower development has been delayed, why we have stunted buds, and the potency is low.

We as growers should have a clear idea of what companies and product lines were developed with us in mind. And we as growers should make a concerted effort to support these companies instead of a rose bud nutrient manufacturer. Lets support the companies who support us.

This isnt to say that we cant use additives that were created for other purposes, by all means if something works then use it. Its just far too much snake oil in this business, and we as growers and end users really aren't doing anything to change it.

Frodo

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
robbie @ metrop.nl specificly formulated that nutrient line on weed damn california made my boy send it out for lableing he is the only north american dist. and its what i swear by when its on the shelves

F

Frodobagins

Norcal,

Can you find any documentation stating thaat the line was developed for weed growers.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

canna...bis

advanced nutrients...not necessarily for weed, but for weed growers. same goes for any number of hydro nutes. FNB is basically Lucas/pH formula.

anyone who mixes their own salts, not only mj specific, but variety/pheno specific...assuming they're very competent growers.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
GH was knowingly giving its three part to pot growers in the bay area in the 90's to help them refine the forumula

they would never acknowledge this publicly

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

GH was knowingly giving its three part to pot growers in the bay area in the 90's to help them refine the forumula

they would never acknowledge this publicly

I think this rings true for most nute companies as well. I talked to the guys from Roots Organics and he was giving me examples of their tests of the product and he was OBVIOUSLY talking about cannabis plants, not tomatoes.

I dont think Roots publicly markets to the cannabis community, BUT I'm pretty sure you could say their products are geared towards Cannabis growers. Hydro and Soil. Soul Synthetics for the hydro cannabis growers, and roots for the soil guys.

I could be wrong..

G

grnmountainboy

of course most of these nute companies are gearing feed schedules towards mj growers. have you ever known a regular gardener to put so much thought into what they were going to feed their tomatoes? have you ever seen somebody spend so much money to feed their broccoli plants? 30 bucks a liter (and buying 10 different products at that) to feed some broccoli plants seems a bit out there; and they know that too. believe me they know who their real customer base is!

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I love Advanced Big Bud Bud candy kushie kush I dnt use kushie kush but if that isnt made for weed I dnt know what is and you can say what ever and I dnt agree with a lot they do but you can argue results and advanced gives you results. How many tomato connoisseurs do you know out there but I'm sure we all know plenty of pot snobs lol. I have also heard really good things about canna and would like to try there coco a&b. this metrop sounds like a good company to try out yellow bottle is suposed to be made for cannabis.

F

Frodobagins

of course most of these nute companies are gearing feed schedules to wards mj growers. have you ever known a regular gardener to put so much thought into what they were going to feed their tomatoes? have you ever seen somebody spend so much money to feed their broccoli plants? 30 bucks a liter (and buying 10 different products at that) to feed some broccoli plants seems a bit out there; and they know that too. believe me they know who their real customer base is!

Grnmountain, we all know who is buying the bulk of these nutes, that doesn't mean the company hasn't just taken a generic rosebud formula mixed up the ingredients, packaged and sold the stuff without any type of research or real changes to the nutrient composition.

The reason why I believe its important to support legitimate mary jane lines is the fact that our dollars/pounds/euros will support the development of additives we just can't mix our produce at home such as cannazym using canna as an example.

Is there anywhere Metrop is available online in the United States?

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

buying 10 different products to feed some marijuana seems a bit out there :)

reeferman's love potion.

botanicare has 3-1-4 and 2-2-5...'ideal' mj grow formula, and the bloom formula and hydroplex are a copy of other mj nutes. who'd use sweet to make their peppers taste like berries?

atami and hesi are well known. house & garden is a spin off from canna.

J

johndeere

I found a company thats got nutes geared toward MJ , Made in the US and cheap as hell. blueplanetnutrients.com I just started a journal, check my sig and will be keeping tabs on stuff from day 1 till harvest. Should be interesting , check it out. Be cool

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I found a company thats got nutes geared toward MJ , Made in the US and cheap as hell. Blue Planet Nutrients There is a link in my sig, and I just started a journal (in my sig as well) and will be keeping tabs on stuff from day 1 till harvest. Should be interesting , check it out. Be cool

sorry but unless your a paid advertiser you can not post off site lnks in your sig

F

Frodobagins

botanicare has 3-1-4 and 2-2-5...'ideal' mj grow formula, and the bloom formula and hydroplex are a copy of other mj nutes. who'd use sweet to make their peppers taste like berries?

Not sure where you got the ideal mj grow formula stuff from. Marijuana is a foliar, its been scientifically proven that the best nute ratio for a foliar is suppose to be 3-1-2 for veg, and 2-1-2 for flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom