Let’s talk Nutrients...what is everyone using??

• Thread starter TheConnection
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I use a combo of three or four. I use bio bizz supplemented with NFTG, supplemented with Primordial Solutions, supplemented with Down to Earth. And that’s before I get into my supplements. Haha. No really I use various nutrients at various times. Some have more Nitrogen, Potassium or Phosphorus. I use compost teas from time to time as well. It just depends on the situation.

What I like about bio bizz is the simplicity and the fact the grow formula is based on molasses. What I don’t like about it is it’s messy and you gotta watch your ppms. If you mix as per their schedule you’ll use too much and end up with a ppm 1200-1500+ before adding Calmag.

NTFG is great and I do enjoy the fact they take a slightly different approach to nutrient uptake. However if you use their free sample kit you’ve got to mix in 6-7 bottles of nutrients to make a complete nutrient feed. That’s messy and time consuming. But rather idiot proof if you follow their guides.

Primordial Solutions is nice because it’s concentrated and a little goes a long ways. However I’ve found it’s not a complete nutrient replacement system. It’s a good additive that has a little more kick than most. However the bottles do spoil rather quickly and I’ve yet to be able to use them up before things get ugly. I’ve had three bottles explode on me when shaking them up. I’ve had to clean my mixing area a few times because of this. So now I’ll only keep bottles that are less than 1/2 full and refill as needed.

Down to Earth makes some really nice organic ingredients. I use them to supplement my soil to give them the nutrients they need to be happy without bottle feeding too much. They can also be used to make guano teas and what not. The only real downside is these are mostly ingredients and not a full cycle fert so to speak.

Anyhow that’s my thoughts on the nutrients I use and why.

Love207

Love207

I'm about to do a side by side with Nectar, and agrothrive... we'll see in a few months if the simple outweighs the sophisticated!

Glassdub

Glassdub

I'm about to do a side by side with Nectar, and agrothrive... we'll see in a few months if the simple outweighs the sophisticated!
Any updates? Curious about AgroThrive, I guess the spam ads on YouTube have infected me, seems pretty low cost but I guess you have to use a lot.

Enforcer

Enforcer

drippers meaning drip irrigation? don't the nutrients clog the emitters?
No. I use 2gph emitters, 4 per pot. I flush out the lines at the end of each run with bleach solution. And the Remo nutes are not organic based (they are actually vegan based) so there isn’t much in the mix to plug up the lines anyway.

Dartmouth.Dank

Dartmouth.Dank

No. I use 2gph emitters, 4 per pot. I flush out the lines at the end of each run with bleach solution. And the Remo nutes are not organic based (they are actually vegan based) so there isn’t much in the mix to plug up the lines anyway.
excellent I will try it!!

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

How does that florakleen work for you? Have you done a side by side with and without it?
I actually haven't ever opened it LOL. I was gonna use it and then decided not to. I bought it when I was doing the DWC and then I ditched the DWC for now and I'm only concentrating on the flood and drain system. And with that I'm not using any sort of cleanse product. I'm changing the 30 gallon rez once a week currently.

Top Bottom