Let me introduce myself(video)

• Thread starter dirtnap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dirtnap

I'm a med grower in Cali, here's my little grow, I know I need to put up reflective walls, and something on the floor, but it's what I have to work with for now.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayIt28NvpiE[/YOUTUBE]

M

Malachi

you should hang your ballast up in the rafters or off the wall to keep the heat away from your root zone

R

Rysam

looks like a sweet setup.
I would move the ballast for sure, to eliminate the chance of stray water making it there, but how and why it would affect the roots is beyond me.
For insulation i really like the reflective (foil not white) R-board from lowes or HD. Reflection and insulation, the best of both worlds. my whole setup is lined with it and it is stupid bright. A big plus to me is its flat and rigid so making walls and doors and such is easy,and it cuts with a razorblade..

X

Xceptional

cool setup but like everyone else said....

electrical from the waste up and water from the waste down! keep it safe bro!

X

Xceptional

i bough a 50 pack of super small self tapping eye bolts and i use twine to connect to the bolts in the ceiling and then tie them to things like extension cord outlets etc to raise them up. hell i have entire 4 ft power strips suspended in mid air by twine just to keep them off the floor....

ROOM 2K   3
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
cool idea xp, but wait are u playing music to ur plants? what that on the right?

Welcome dirtnap!

M

Malachi

looks like a sweet setup.
I would move the ballast for sure, to eliminate the chance of stray water making it there, but how and why it would affect the roots is beyond me.
For insulation i really like the reflective (foil not white) R-board from lowes or HD. Reflection and insulation, the best of both worlds. my whole setup is lined with it and it is stupid bright. A big plus to me is its flat and rigid so making walls and doors and such is easy,and it cuts with a razorblade..

The water is the no-brainer reason for moving the ballasts, but ballasts put off quite a bit of heat. Your rootzone should be about 10 degrees cooler then your atmosphere. A warm rootzone is a breeding ground for infectious bacteria, root rot, and pests. This is the main reason why water chillers are so imperative to large scale hydroponic systems.

Top Bottom