Let'm Dry Out Just Before Harvest?

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

A few days to go before chopping the Jillybean. Got a sprinkling of PM. Already done 1 good flush. Could do 1 more I suppose and harvest wet. But I'm thinking with the pm maybe better to let them dry out before chop.
This is an all organic grow by the way.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So... if I'm understanding you, you want to dry out the live plants by not watering for a bit prior to harvest, due to the presence of PM fruiting bodies, is that correct?

My first question is how bad is the PM? Second is are you averse to using something like isopropyl alcohol or OxiDate prior to chopping, instead of losing some of the weight I think you'll miss out on by not waiting (you don't mention how long til next flush)? You can use the iso straight, but I've found it works fine diluted 1:1 (especially better with a high pH water), too.

HTH!

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

I wouldnt reccommend iso if trichs are present. Your better off using milk, protekt, h2o2 or a high ph water solution with a wetting agent if your just trying to finish up! Milk may leave a milky smell if not given enough time to flake off. That would be my options! Just leave fans on high and leave room/tent open until all has evaporated to avoid creating high humidity. That should buy you a couple weeks.

dorjewright

dorjewright

I turned off the lights today and expect to harvest 38 or so hrs from now . The bags are getting light, normally I'd water tomorrow or about 3 to 4 days in the water cycle; so they won't be bone dry with lights off even after another 36 hr. of dark. (Actually don't know if this is necessary sometimes I do it sometimes not). My thinking is if I flush again i'll drive up the rh even with the dehumidifier working over time giving the pm a chance to spread.
I've been using OxiDate to spot treat the scatterings of pm. Jilly Bean is a 6 to 7 week variety and they are in between 6 & 7 weeks. More than 50% of the pistils are brown with a mix of amber, cloudy and clear trichomes about 30% each so definitely time in my book. In the photos notice the new budding - might of waited a little two long.

IMG 1132
IMG 1133
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good product and I can't recommend anything better, given that you're late in flower. IMO, if I see new pistils popping out like that, the girl isn't done in my book. She may have more stack in her yet, no?

How about, instead of flushing as I think you're describing, you just give either water only, or very, very diluted feed?
I wouldnt reccommend iso if trichs are present. Your better off using milk, protekt, h2o2 or a high ph water solution with a wetting agent if your just trying to finish up! Milk may leave a milky smell if not given enough time to flake off. That would be my options! Just leave fans on high and leave room/tent open until all has evaporated to avoid creating high humidity. That should buy you a couple weeks.
Have you tried it yourself, though? I use it regularly and it doesn't harm the trichomes that I've been able to see. It evaporates very quickly, leaving zero residue, which is part of the goal here. I mean, maybe if you really go to town using indiluted iso and just keep saturating and saturating and saturating the plant you'll 'harm' trichomes. But I haven't been able to do that to this point.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Good product and I can't recommend anything better, given that you're late in flower. IMO, if I see new pistils popping out like that, the girl isn't done in my book. She may have more stack in her yet, no?

How about, instead of flushing as I think you're describing, you just give either water only, or very, very diluted feed?

Have you tried it yourself, though? I use it regularly and it doesn't harm the trichomes that I've been able to see. It evaporates very quickly, leaving zero residue, which is part of the goal here. I mean, maybe if you really go to town using indiluted iso and just keep saturating and saturating and saturating the plant you'll 'harm' trichomes. But I haven't been able to do that to this point.
No i havent, im speaking from theory but sometimes theory doesnt transfer to practicality. Im very grateful that you took the chance to give it a shot, id be too nervous. Respect @Seamaiden

G gnome

G gnome

Good luck w the mold
If u let em dry too much it gonna be a bitch to harvest. Cut the mold out and add an extra dehumidifier. Get em down asap

dorjewright

dorjewright

Went ahead and harvested 3 out of 4 indicators said do it. At leAst 30% amber trichs the rest mostly cloudy; at 7 weeks for a 6 to 7 weeker, 75% pistils brown, buds plump and firm.
Seamaiden posted a Jose Cervantes video washing off pm with dilute h2o2 - did that- thanks, perfect timing.

Top Bottom