Let's see your 2021 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter zootallures9777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texasdigger35

Texasdigger35

3 wedding cake, 3 watermelon zkittles and 3 lib haze. Varying from 5 to 8ft and they started flowering early out here. Too bad was hoping for an xtra month of veg.
20210801 103018
20210722 122857
20210801 115942

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

So I know there are a lot of outdoor growers like myself out there. Is there a consensus on defoliating. I would think if it's light that drives photosynthesis and photosynthesis nutrient uptake wouldn't you want to have as many large leaves as the plant can safely support? Of course taking into account pests, mold and other pathogens that can turn things in the wrong direction?

Texasdigger35

Texasdigger35

So I know there are a lot of outdoor growers like myself out there. Is there a consensus on defoliating. I would think if it's light that drives photosynthesis and photosynthesis nutrient uptake wouldn't you want to have as many large leaves as the plant can safely support? Of course taking into account pests, mold and other pathogens that can turn things in the wrong direction?
I've thought the same thing but still find myself removing the biggest leaves that block other tops and removing shoots/stems that are weaker/lower. Sometimes I think I've taken too much but in a couple days notice newly exposed tops are looking stronger. When I flip to flower and cut N way back mine really start to cry and naturally defoliate. As far as pests outdoors, they are there no matter what but constantly trying to minimize and control and if defoliation happens to be the answer so be it.

Bigggdadddy76

Bigggdadddy76

Outside, the leaves are needed to protect against stress, since outdoor environment can’t be controlled. I prune really well, eliminating branches and buds that will never be anything special. Then that otherwise wasted energy will go to other flowers, hopefully eliminating a bunch of larf. Then I only remove yellow leaves. There’s obviously more then one way to skin a cat, but that works for me and I’ve found people with largest girls do the same or similar.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

I think I may have just started flowering here in Mass!
Ive beem training hard core to keep height down.
4 plants, Grape Gas Station, 8 ball kush, Deadly Sativa and Cinderella XX
I'm guessing you've got some.pretty cool neighbors,lol?
Legal in Michigan but if one person can see them and bitches about it...its gone.
Looking good though!!!

Kizza81

Kizza81

I’m a massive defoliator try it only doing shows u the fruits topping chopping super cropping once u try u will never see another way

Top Bottom