Bigggdadddy76

132A48B2 423B 48F3 BD72 4EC1B7584CAB
DFD64F16 829F 4171 8542 A8BDF4A16712

8559BF8F 635A 48DB B1FF E45504CC7454
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I’m having same issues with my branches, now that my girls are 7’ tall. I definitely learned my lesson about needing to add 8’ high, worth of fencing around plants, so when they get big, they’ll have support. I see everyone who grows monsters does this. Your’s are looking good!
i never have and never had any issues, as of yet. see what happens this year as they are 7 ft.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

i never have and never had any issues, as of yet. see what happens this year as they are 7 ft.
The problems only appear when you've done a great job of growing, and get great weather, so that the buds get heavy and break the branch in the last two weeks of flowering. You are well on your way to causing that problem, LOL. The weather here has been incredible so far, mine are going to be my biggest ever.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The problems only appear when you've done a great job of growing, and get great weather, so that the buds get heavy and break the branch in the last two weeks of flowering. You are well on your way to causing that problem, LOL. The weather here has been incredible so far, mine are going to be my biggest ever.
buds? the whole branch will be bud! haha.
we never support, had lots over 10 ft, rarely issues if any, unless some sort of bad storm happens even than nothing to worry about usually, that’s growing in the ground though.
that’s just me even indoors i do whatever to not use stuff to support them. i’ve got something against that kinda stuff, haha.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

we never support, had lots over 10 ft, rarely issues if any, unless some sort of bad storm happens even than nothing to worry about usually, that’s growing in the ground though.
that’s just me even indoors i do whatever to not use stuff to support them. i’ve got something against that kinda stuff, haha.
Dunno what's different, I always have a couple of the lower branches try to split if I don't have netting. Whatever works.

Bigggdadddy76

Bigggdadddy76

In my picture just above, I have netting at 4 feet and 6 feet.
I can’t do that cause I have to be able to walk throughout greenhouse, once I put sides on. They way I planted them, also makes that difficult. Next year i think I’m going to have less girls but bigger. Im sure 3 could fill greenhouse instead of 6 that are overcrowded.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I can’t do that cause I have to be able to walk throughout greenhouse, once I put sides on. They way I planted them, also makes that difficult. Next year i think I’m going to have less girls but bigger. Im sure 3 could fill greenhouse instead of 6 that are overcrowded.
I keep reducing the number of plants in the space and ending up with the same amount of product. Cannabis is a vigorous plant.

Bigggdadddy76

Bigggdadddy76

One of those things you don’t need until you do! Lol

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Growing some Black Dominia ,I know spelling is off but you know what I mean. These girls are 7 feet tall and stretching. Let's hope Northern R.I.'s weather will allow the girls get to their max.
It's too late, but I think it's a mistake to lollypop out door plants. The lower leaves get plenty of light outdoors.

Bigggdadddy76

Bigggdadddy76

Some are finally 7’ tall and several over 6’ tall. I also just thew my Beleaf Platinum Punch #13 mother and I can’t say other strains name mother, of another elite Beleaf phono . So I’ll have Beleaf White Tuffle, Beleaf PP#13, Pancakes Cookies Breeders cut and Beleaf elite I can’t say name of, added to greenhouse. They’ll be in 10g, water only, soil mix. The trichomes will be epic!!
854E1BF7 2F60 49EC B08E F37A05EA58BA
300B41DD E5A5 4519 A902 EA1107CD9461
All the big girls are phenos of Snowcaine I’ve hunted and same with one pheno of WWXBB I hunted.

Jimmybagabud

Jimmybagabud

Just checking in. Once again I am going to have some problems supporting these tall branches. Happy growing to all View attachment 1158683
I build a 4 ft round cage of 6 inch square hole fencing. As she grows i pull the branches through. Those bottom branches are held sturdy by the cage the first pics are of when I put the girls out at the end of may. The last pic is the plant tonight ,you can see no netting. The cage supports her branches. She is 10 ft tall and 8.5 ft wide.

IMG 20210531 095634300
IMG 20210527 133852488
20210819 171609
TheBrokeGrower

TheBrokeGrower

They seem like they could use some shade cloth. Or split your watering into 2 or 3 tines a day. They seem thirsty
I was wondering if I burnt them with the nutrients a bit and I've been worried about overwatering out here. Its so damn tricky. But how much should each watering be if I split it into twice daily would be good do you think?

Jimmybagabud

Jimmybagabud

I was wondering if I burnt them with the nutrients a bit and I've been worried about overwatering out here. Its so damn tricky. But how much should each watering be if I split it into twice daily would be good do you think?
Depends on your pot size,size, Or if your in the ground.. I'm in 200 gallon smart pots 4500 ft elevation high desert. Last week when it was a 100 plus I watered 2 times a day 30 gallons each pot. Once in the morning once in the late afternoon.

Top Bottom