Let's see your 2021 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter zootallures9777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RookieBC

RookieBC

This is why July 1st I forced every plant that wasn't in the ground into flower by blacking then out. In Canada where I am you can't avoid bud rot. I had the healthiest Sativa ever my only uncovered plant and it lasted the longest against rot would have been amazing in another 3 weeks. I highly suggest this winter/spring you build a structure to black out your plants cam be done quite cheaply with with PVC or cheap electrical conduit piping and joiners and black garbage bags. Makes it even easier it they are beside a shed or fence that's taller then them you can put it together in 5 minutes after building originally every night and you harvest Sept1-15 before the crap weather. Trick is to start them inside in Feb to make up for the nearly harvest. My first harvest no rot and 400 grams of off 2 plants maybe 5 feet tall and some solo cups. My 8 foot Juggernaut should have produced bear 2 pounds then rot showed up

Bdogg

Bdogg

My first outdoor grow. Single plant 5g fabric pot in coco coir perlite. I have the plant on a covered balcony for the last couple weeks. It's protected from excess moisture (rain/morning dew) for the most part. Tiny bit of PM on a few bottom leaves barely anything...a funny thing I started using to combat the very little pm I got.. Listerine Healthy white mouth wash. (ingredients show hydrogen peroxide & alcohol). It seems to really eat up any spots. I dilute it 1-1.

The strain is from the Island not sure exactly what it is was gifted to me but supposed to
lerate somewhat the wet coast weather...it's holding up real good.

A couple questions...what week am I in? I haven't noticed much yellowing on any leaves? yet I haven't fed it much nitrogen for a while now?

Rooke

Rooke

This is why July 1st I forced every plant that wasn't in the ground into flower by blacking then out. In Canada where I am you can't avoid bud rot. I had the healthiest Sativa ever my only uncovered plant and it lasted the longest against rot would have been amazing in another 3 weeks. I highly suggest this winter/spring you build a structure to black out your plants cam be done quite cheaply with with PVC or cheap electrical conduit piping and joiners and black garbage bags. Makes it even easier it they are beside a shed or fence that's taller then them you can put it together in 5 minutes after building originally every night and you harvest Sept1-15 before the crap weather. Trick is to start them inside in Feb to make up for the nearly harvest. My first harvest no rot and 400 grams of off 2 plants maybe 5 feet tall and some solo cups. My 8 foot Juggernaut should have produced bear 2 pounds then rot showed up
It’s a tough gig here for sure I fight bud rot every October. I want to build a greenhouse but they are very expensive and I’m not sure I could control the humidity properly. My Bush grow is on the shield so boulders and stumps are in the ground everywhere so I place pallets on every spot I can find. I love the natural cover it provides it’s close to my house as well so easy access as well. I have open pasture but it’s behind my house and visible from the road which I fear would attract prying eyes unless I built a tall fence. Maybe a lower style hoop house with light dep might work if I bent all my plants like I did it previous years, caged and scrog. I started with 30 ish plants this year and after the male cull I had 25 ish good gals. Note to self!! To much work!!! I’m looking for great strains can’t wait to get these dried and cured. Found a couple of mold resistant strains but this year humidity was crazy but never say I’m done outdoors!!!

RookieBC

RookieBC

It’s a tough gig here for sure I fight bud rot every October. I want to build a greenhouse but they are very expensive and I’m not sure I could control the humidity properly. My Bush grow is on the shield so boulders and stumps are in the ground everywhere so I place pallets on every spot I can find. I love the natural cover it provides it’s close to my house as well so easy access as well. I have open pasture but it’s behind my house and visible from the road which I fear would attract prying eyes unless I built a tall fence. Maybe a lower style hoop house with light dep might work if I bent all my plants like I did it previous years, caged and scrog. I started with 30 ish plants this year and after the male cull I had 25 ish good gals. Note to self!! To much work!!! I’m looking for great strains can’t wait to get these dried and cured. Found a couple of mold resistant strains but this year humidity was crazy but never say I’m done outdoors!!!
Yeah I've seen some hula hoop covers with camo netting on camo pattern that would blend in good they had burlap camo at the store by my house I used 2 years ago to hide my plants. It's for duck blinds but works for plants

RookieBC

RookieBC

Oh and if you buy a greenhouse they are expensive but you can make them cheap. Either use drop sheeting that painters use or start roaming Facebook Marketplace for free windows

TSD

TSD

This is why July 1st I forced every plant that wasn't in the ground into flower by blacking then out. In Canada where I am you can't avoid bud rot. I had the healthiest Sativa ever my only uncovered plant and it lasted the longest against rot would have been amazing in another 3 weeks. I highly suggest this winter/spring you build a structure to black out your plants cam be done quite cheaply with with PVC or cheap electrical conduit piping and joiners and black garbage bags. Makes it even easier it they are beside a shed or fence that's taller then them you can put it together in 5 minutes after building originally every night and you harvest Sept1-15 before the crap weather. Trick is to start them inside in Feb to make up for the nearly harvest. My first harvest no rot and 400 grams of off 2 plants maybe 5 feet tall and some solo cups. My 8 foot Juggernaut should have produced bear 2 pounds then

Oh and if you buy a greenhouse they are expensive but you can make them cheap. Either use drop sheeting that painters use or start roaming Facebook Marketplace for free windows
I bought a roll of the dropcloth and made a makeshift cover with it and my cabin tent poles... worked for the 3 days of downpour... but of course I couldn't avoid the rot all together. I'm systematically chopping them now because I know once you find rot, it's all over but the crying. I love growing outdoors and I'm not sure I could pull off a greenhouse, and I don't know that even that would stop the rot in my northern climate. Hazards of the hobby I suppose.

Johnnydw3

Johnnydw3

Yea I’m in central Vermont and have issues with bod rot every year… I find the dew at night it as bad as rain. Every night humidity is 98-99%, every thing is soaked every morning. I find a nice spot that gets the earliest sun helps quite a bit for me. This year tho we are lucky with some nice weather I still have a few NorCal thunder that are finishing nicely and this warm weather is working in my favor. Last year we had 20s in mid September that many of my plants didn’t recover from.

RookieBC

RookieBC

I bought a roll of the dropcloth and made a makeshift cover with it and my cabin tent poles... worked for the 3 days of downpour... but of course I couldn't avoid the rot all together. I'm systematically chopping them now because I know once you find rot, it's all over but the crying. I love growing outdoors and I'm not sure I could pull off a greenhouse, and I don't know that even that would stop the rot in my northern climate. Hazards of the hobby I suppose.
Yup I'm in BC I don't chance it anymore it's guaranteed to show up with the cold wet that's why I want them finished latest mid September. Plus Bud Rot is Systemic meaning it's inside your plant by the time you see it it's just a matter of time till it take over

RookieBC

RookieBC

Yea I’m in central Vermont and have issues with bod rot every year… I find the dew at night it as bad as rain. Every night humidity is 98-99%, every thing is soaked every morning. I find a nice spot that gets the earliest sun helps quite a bit for me. This year tho we are lucky with some nice weather I still have a few NorCal thunder that are finishing nicely and this warm weather is working in my favor. Last year we had 20s in mid September that many of my plants didn’t recover from.
I had 3 storms in 4 weeks in Vancouver and my plants were covered and I woke up and they were all soaked in mid from the wind and the next day it started went from 3 pounds to 3 oz

TSD

TSD

Yup I'm in BC I don't chance it anymore it's guaranteed to show up with the cold wet that's why I want them finished latest mid September. Plus Bud Rot is Systemic meaning it's inside your plant by the time you see it it's just a matter of time till it take over
Yeah I know, and even if it wasn't systemic, good luck removing rot and not sending spores in every direction. I start mine inside in late April early March, but I don't think I have enough space to make it through flipping them... I usually just leave them on 18/6, put them out when weather permits, which is usually mid May, and let them flip naturally... your way does sound intriguing though, never thought of that angle.

shaganja

shaganja

IMG 20211008 160449 301

This was a cheap greenhouse. The fans can become pricey. Cause need to have a few to keep air moving. It's been raining on and off in michigan. This has been working, but still have found a couple spots my fans are missing. Looks like more fans next season! Lol

TSD

TSD

Here's a little clone I made (just to see if I remembered how) from my big GSC. Honestly she was neglected because she was for a friend, but he never picked her up... so she went from a 3 gal pot to that 17 gal tub (which was half full of last year's dirt) some time in late July when I figured he wasn't bothering. Live trimmed her yesterday, now time to get chopped and washed. Then on to the next... why did I try to grow a year's worth of smoke again?
20211009 121752

JJS009

JJS009

still waiting for them to finish, no PM or bud rot, maybe next weekend
CE8A9C58 63C4 4C07 8A58 84341D594D17

Dragon flame genetics orange stash freebie in her fall colors
1B2F61E3 0D11 4839 942E 971D1F9D3AFF

This is a test plant for a buddies breeding project, super lemon haze X I don’t remember,

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Funny enough this is at my Mom's house. She kicked me out when I was 18 after she found 30 lbs of Arizona in a hockey bag. Now she waters my plants. Life is a trip! Neighbors are all cool. They all share flowers and edibles. They will get a piece of the pie.
That’s fantastic! They made it so all outdoor growing here has to be in a locked greenhouse.😒
I was like damn his buds are hanging into the neighbors yard 🤣

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Hey what do I do with this? It was a monster 10-footer. Such a nice, defined root structure!View attachment 1176846

If one were a serious outdoor grower, I would suggest something like big blower fans, or heated units, that once it cools down, you could spend hours heating the air up sufficiently to change the dewpoint. Airflow, with a little bit of heat can do amazing things to controlling vdp, I suspect. There's more than one way to go about things.

For offgrid, simply a few solar panels, and some fan inputs would help, if nothing more. Air itself is an excellent drier, and cannabis loves air flow.

Also, if your going to do covers, I like the idea of long plastic, then take pvc, and make long round half circles, (can simply be put into ground) and blow the air though them. (right where those barrels sit) If the land was long enough, you could control all of these factors from one end of the nursery, and the other end would simply be the ejection port. You can grow stuff that will rival indoor quality, if done correctly, I've seen it.

Just like this, but as long as needed.

High Tunnel Greenhouse 10 ft wide 2000x 1 2000x
RookieBC

RookieBC

Yeah I know, and even if it wasn't systemic, good luck removing rot and not sending spores in every direction. I start mine inside in late April early March, but I don't think I have enough space to make it through flipping them... I usually just leave them on 18/6, put them out when weather permits, which is usually mid May, and let them flip naturally... your way does sound intriguing though, never thought of that angle.

I alreadry harvested and cured for the most part i kind of do a perpetual though cause I have my ACMPR (medical license) in Canada

PXL 20211009 192550340
PXL 20211009 062656985
PXL 20211009 061916176
PXL 20210903 220256975
PXL 20210802 001211168
Top Bottom