Let's See Your Frostiest Flowers

• Thread starter hammerhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Ya sounds like you may be in the same boat. Can you get +Life? I think that’s what it’s called. Enzymes never helped my grow especially late flower, I like the great white but your suppose to stop using it halfway through bloom.
The bacteria of hydroguard or +life will protect throughout the whole cycle until flush.
Physan20 I highly reccomend if your having these problems. Anytime a veg or mother plant looks at me funny they get a couple days of the physan20 at 3ml per 5 gallons. Works like bleach so the plant doesn’t take it up.if I notice plants crashing halfway into flower I will do the same for 2-3 days then get back on the hydroguard.
My pre 98 always finished tasting like coffee beans dipped in hash oil. Same for you 2???

Cheers

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Gotcha. You stay out of the game for a decade and so much gets re-written lol

Cheers!!!!
I know exactly what you mean I left the weed net for 4-5 years and everything that was changed and I was like wtf is all this cookie crap lol
The biggest difference since regulation is the amount of low level noobs with giant heads like they are on top of the world.
Then the whole bubba kush thing people were telling me the green bubba that you had is the same cut as the purple one lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I know exactly what you mean I left the weed net for 4-5 years and everything that was changed and I was like wtf is all this cookie crap lol
The biggest difference since regulation is the amount of low level noobs with giant heads like they are on top of the world.
Then the whole bubba kush thing people were telling me the green bubba that you had is the same cut as the purple one lol

Lol I sure hope you're not referring to me regarding the Bubba kush. Cause if so that would be a big stretch..

Thinking maybe I should rename mine, the pre-98 inferior cut? 🤣

Oh well.. not like I'll ever know the difference. I'll try and have it turn out green next time and see if I can fool people online into thinking it's the good pre-98.

Last edited:
revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Lol I sure hope you're not referring to me regarding the Bubba kush. Cause if so that would be a big stretch..

Oh well.. not like I'll ever know the difference. I'll try and have it turn out green next time and see if I can fool people online into thinking it's the good pre-98.

I hope not as well. Yours looks fire regardless of what it is man. FIRE

cheers!!!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

Nah bro not at all and don’t get me wrong that bubba you have is fantastic and looks much prettier then the green one.
The biggest difference is when you smoke a joint the green one flavor would stick all the down to the roach. I was never able to get the one you have to do that but that’s ok.
When I was talking with the fine folks of the cabana not long ago people basically told me I was crazy when I mentioned green bubba lol.
The green one is the same one Toohigh had and if you were part of the advanced nutrient forums back in the day you would know exactly what I’m talking about. He referred to it as 93 bubba back then. Some how somewhere the 93 name and strain fell off the planet.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nah bro not at all and don’t get me wrong that bubba you have is fantastic and looks much prettier then the green one.
The biggest difference is when you smoke a joint the green one flavor would stick all the down to the roach. I was never able to get the one you have to do that but that’s ok.
When I was talking with the fine folks of the cabana not long ago people basically told me I was crazy when I mentioned green bubba lol.
The green one is the same one Toohigh had and if you were part of the advanced nutrient forums back in the day you would know exactly what I’m talking about. He referred to it as 93 bubba back then. Some how somewhere the 93 name and strain fell off the planet.

Shit, I've never heard of 93 bubba... That's new to me. Honestly I've never been on any online weed forum until last year. Always just networked with local growers for info but it's clear there was a strong online community back in the day.
The bubba I have can go either way I find. Its honestly the most difficult plant I have to get right, but when it turns out right the flavor is intensity in 10 cities. I hesitate to say this cause I take your word for it that mine is different, but coffee beans and kush would be the best way to describe it for sure. But 7/10 times, it's not as strong as I know it could be. The slightest overfeeding or stress and it purples, under develops, and the taste disappears after the first drag and it becomes actually unpleasant to smoke. I have a real love hate relationship with that plant... Really crossing my fingers it turns out tops this run. Cause when it's right it's my favourite strain by a mile. When it's not, it's the last thing I smoke.

shaganja

shaganja

Omg. My stoner memory fails again, but an interview with a grower on the potcast talks about the green bubba.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This was an interesting read, and mentions the green and purple phenos. I'm still not sure I can say which one I think mine is... Even though it purples when sick it's usually just green. I'm confused... But at the end of the day I really dont care either lol.

@Trustfall do you think mine is the purple? Katsu? pre2k1? I'm ignorant to the differences and everything i read seems to say something different.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
This was an interesting read, and mentions the green and purple phenos. I'm still not sure I can say which one I think mine is... Even though it purples when sick it's usually just green. I'm confused... But at the end of the day I really dont care either lol.

@Trustfall do you think mine is the purple? Katsu? pre2k1? I'm ignorant to the differences and everything i read seems to say something different.

It's definitely not katsu's bro, as his won't purple that easily.

Cheers!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah I figured Katsu cut was ruled out. And I can see how purple pheno would fit but my cut usually doesnt go purple. Or at least it didnt go purple, not even once in the last 10 years I've known it anyway. It's only really started doing this purple thing to me in the last year. Which makes me wonder if my recent shift to a low P feeding program in the last year has anything to do with it, but that's for another thread.

When I was given it I was just told it was pre 98 bubba.. Honestly until I joined this forum I had no idea there was even different versions of pre-98, some more renowned than others lol. I just assumed there was pre 98, and there was imitations. I'm not trying to push this weed on anyone so the name doesnt really mean that much, I'm just more curious than anything to narrow down which cut I might actually have.

Normally... for the past 10 years anyway it comes out looking like this, with no purple in the buds really but slight purple streaks on the leaves. You guys think it's the purple cut? how purple is the purple cut normally?
20200407 084821

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

Your is what people call 98 bubba today and for the last 5 or so years. And I’ve grown it many many times. I lost my cut like a year ago, not worth growing for me because people want $100 ounces and I’m not growing bubba for that much lol. I’m sure I will grow it again just not in a hurry as I prefer zippy strains to smoke that put me on the edge of my seat gets the gears turning inside my head. It is always nice to finish the night with bubba.
It’s not just the purpling that is different it’s also the extra large calx developement and the size of your buds. They are huge compare to bubblefunks 98 bubba.
And I’ve seen others grow the green bubba and they never had the huge mondo bubba buds.
Ive grown them both in the same room together and it’s like tiny bubba with tiny buds over here and large stemmed fat calx and sometimes purpling bubba over here.when the broad russet mite pandemic happened 8-10 years ago it seemed like that’s when everyone lost the small one. Lots of strains started dudding out after that.
Just my opinion but I think your 98 is an S1 of the original one bubblefunk had. And your 98 bubba has been Selfed again taking the size to another level with a lot of growers.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Yeah I figured Katsu cut was ruled out. And I can see how purple pheno would fit but my cut usually doesnt go purple. Or at least it didnt go purple, not even once in the last 10 years I've known it anyway. It's only really started doing this purple thing to me in the last year. Which makes me wonder if my recent shift to a low P feeding program in the last year has anything to do with it, but that's for another thread.

When I was given it I was just told it was pre 98 bubba.. Honestly until I joined this forum I had no idea there was even different versions of pre-98, some more renowned than others lol. I just assumed there was pre 98, and there was imitations. I'm not trying to push this weed on anyone so the name doesnt really mean that much, I'm just more curious than anything to narrow down which cut I might actually have.

Normally... for the past 10 years anyway it comes out looking like this, with no purple in the buds really but slight purple streaks on the leaves. You guys think it's the purple cut? how purple is the purple cut normally? View attachment 964156
That looks nearly IDENTICAL to the pic I posted earlier IMO

First pic is early flower, second is right around 56 daze.

P98 d
IMG 20200413 231638 617
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Your is what people call 98 bubba today and for the last 5 or so years. And I’ve grown it many many times. I lost my cut like a year ago, not worth growing for me because people want $100 ounces and I’m not growing bubba for that much lol. I’m sure I will grow it again just not in a hurry as I prefer zippy strains to smoke that put me on the edge of my seat gets the gears turning inside my head. It is always nice to finish the night with bubba.
It’s not just the purpling that is different it’s also the extra large calx developement and the size of your buds. They are huge compare to bubblefunks 98 bubba.
And I’ve seen others grow the green bubba and they never had the huge mondo bubba buds.
Ive grown them both in the same room together and it’s like tiny bubba with tiny buds over here and large stemmed fat calx and sometimes purpling bubba over here.when the broad russet mite pandemic happened 8-10 years ago it seemed like that’s when everyone lost the small one. Lots of strains started dudding out after that.
Just my opinion but I think your 98 is an S1 of the original one bubblefunk had. And your 98 bubba has been Selfed again taking the size to another level with a lot of growers.

Great explanation, thank you.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
FWIW my pics are from a plant less that 18 inches. Basically a rooted clone, a week or 2 of veg, then flipped under a 600W HPS in 2x4 tent. Just so you guys know what you're analyzing 😉

Top Bottom