Let's See Your Frostiest Flowers

• Thread starter hammerhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Super frosty!

Question, why are modern strains so extra leafy? Do we defoliate because of lack of proper breeding? Lol

You callin my buds leafy?!!! Ooh that does it. Hahaha.
Mine are admittedly bushy from several cycles of monster cropping and I think I could have picked a better camera angle, but I know what you mean. I think a lot of modern strains have extra leafy buds because people defoliate them too heavily. But "breeding" is certainly getting ridiculous.. Too many people crossing crosses of crosses that arent anywhere near stable. The guy I got the violator from has some stories for sure... He is not happy with most modern breeding programs, he always finds tons of mutants and hermies and leafy loose buds, nothing is stable anymore it seems. A few breeders are doing it right, but not many of the hyped ones are. But the crux is, he finds his best keepers in the most unstable crosses. Go figure.

S

Sudsman1964

Blue barrey is real bushey. The frost on that panther would make some nice bubbel hash yum. Im what you would call old im 55 and love my hash . A bowl of hash ceeps the cancer doc away lol i can laff about it now

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You callin my buds leafy?!!! Ooh that does it. Hahaha.
Mine are admittedly bushy from several cycles of monster cropping and I think I could have picked a better camera angle, but I know what you mean. I think a lot of modern strains have extra leafy buds because people defoliate them too heavily. But "breeding" is certainly getting ridiculous.. Too many people crossing crosses of crosses that arent anywhere near stable. The guy I got the violator from has some stories for sure... He is not happy with most modern breeding programs, he always finds tons of mutants and hermies and leafy loose buds, nothing is stable anymore it seems. A few breeders are doing it right, but not many of the hyped ones are. But the crux is, he finds his best keepers in the most unstable crosses. Go figure.

Lol. I wasnt criticizing your flowers. Dodnt mean it to come across that way. And monster cropping makes perfect sense.

But im talking about all these plants shown all over with a tiny bic lighter size bud totally surrounded by leaves.

None i tried has a better high than a good ol classic big budded better calyx to leaf ratio old style plant.

I admit some of them are super fruity and delicious.

S

Sudsman1964

Hay guys and galls not shore if anyone uses this or not i ad aloevera to my feedings helps ceep thc levels high no matter how big plant gets and it rilley works

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol. I wasnt criticizing your flowers. Dodnt mean it to come across that way. And monster cropping makes perfect sense.

But im talking about all these plants shown all over with a tiny bic lighter size bud totally surrounded by leaves.

None i tried has a better high than a good ol classic big budded better calyx to leaf ratio old style plant.

I admit some of them are super fruity and delicious.

I hear that. And yeah I didnt think you were criticizing my buds, just throwing some banter around. To be honest though that cookies is a bit of a leafy plant, but it cleans up really good.

I've certainly noticed what you're talking about and for real I think 90% of those tiny, super leafy bud shots are from heavily defoliated plants, and I'm not saying defoliation is always bad, Just there is absolutely a wrong way to go about it. Hard mode shit. But no question I've seen some real losers from seed lately and I'm not the only one. My pheno hunter buddy tells me he keeps on average 1 plant out of every 300-500 seeds he pops. But hes very picky, and the strains he chooses to keep go on to fill some pretty large rooms all over BC.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I hear that. And yeah I didnt think you were criticizing my buds, just throwing some banter around. To be honest though that cookies is a bit of a leafy plant, but it cleans up really good.

I've certainly noticed what you're talking about and for real I think 90% of those tiny, super leafy bud shots are from heavily defoliated plants, and I'm not saying defoliation is always bad, Just there is absolutely a wrong way to go about it. Hard mode shit. But no question I've seen some real losers from seed lately and I'm not the only one. My pheno hunter buddy tells me he keeps on average 1 plant out of every 300-500 seeds he pops. But hes very picky, and the strains he chooses to keep go on to fill some pretty large rooms all over BC.

I guess thats the problem. Its the breeder who should have picked the parents out of hundreds of plants and then stabilized the cross. Not the grower.

Now that my clones are all gone and ch9 seeds are running low i will see for myself what comes out of these popular seed packs.

I really dont want to keep moms or keep running clones. I love growing from seed.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I guess thats the problem. Its the breeder who should have picked the parents out of hundreds of plants and then stabilized the cross. Not the grower.

Now that my clones are all gone and ch9 seeds are running low i will see for myself what comes out of these popular seed packs.

I really dont want to keep moms or keep running clones. I love growing from seed.

Its hit or miss.. My buddy has been getting the best stuff from thug pug, archive and sin city. In house and ethos deliver a lot of keepers but a ton of mutations, and plenty of Herms. Jordan of the islands is still one of his favourites for reliability and consistency, hes found quite a few God/kush crosses from him that are being grown in large scale facilities now. That where the LP I know got their God kush, and its probably their best seller and one of their best strains for sure

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Its hit or miss.. My buddy has been getting the best stuff from thug pug, archive and sin city. In house and ethos deliver a lot of keepers but a ton of mutations, and plenty of Herms. Jordan of the islands is still one of his favourites for reliability and consistency, hes found quite a few God/kush crosses from him that are being grown in large scale facilities now. That where the LP I know got their God kush, and its probably their best seller and one of their best strains for sure

I hear northern skunk from peak seeds is real good?

I just hit a lottery. My last classic seeds headband clone gone with the others but she was one with the bad draining soil mix and the lowers had a nice surprise. Cause the uppers were super legit.

35 s-1 headband seeds. And the classic plants were quite uniform.

Butts4Supper

Butts4Supper

I have a Blueberry male that is a massive STUD from JOI I'll cross anything any everything with that guy. Came up with some good ones and some junk. I really want to find a Purple Kush male keeper from him and of course one of his his God Bud males. About 5 years ago I crossed a great cut of Critical Kush with that Blueberry and I gotta say it's one of my favorite smokes, I get a lot of compliments from strangers on chair lifts and gondolas. They have no idea I made it ;) I just smile and say thanks.

SickBoy420

SickBoy420

Ethos. Sour OG cheese
My first grow. 1 week away from. 48 hrs darkness and harvest. I’m very happy. Learned allot, my yields could have been better but I only topped plants once and super cropped the two main tops. Next time I will top & too and top and Lst them , Scrog net also next time.

Top Bottom