Let's Talk About Stem Rot & Mold

• Thread starter WestCoaster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WestCoaster

WestCoaster

Good evening all,

With my recent jump into outdoor growing recently, there are some things I prefer to get some advice on rather than having to learn the hard way.

I moved eight different breeds from a 24/7 indoor light cycle to outdoors in the Seattle area on 8/15/14.

They are in 2 gallon plastic bag pots and all started out 12-18" tall and now are at least three feet or a little taller, not that any of this matters.

They have all done very well feeding them Flora Nova Grow initially and now Flora Nova Bloom with the feeding formulas being kept around 5.8 PH and about 1200 PPM.

I just found some stem rot/mold on the biggest plant, a breed called Deadwood, around the plants mid level buds and branches.

It appears to always start at the initial female pistol that shows at the internode of said problem areas.

This is the only breed showing this condition currently.

I have kept the plants out of any heavy rain, but still outdoors 24/7.

The night time temps have been dipping into the upper 40's on some nights recently and I am wondering how much this really can effect the stem rot/mold issue I am starting to see.

I know from my indoor growing days that some breeds are just prone to this problem no matter what you do, (Big Bud anything comes to mind).

Any advise to prevent any further mold/rot issues?

Additives to water or something like that.

If I have to, I will bring them indoors to keep them warm at night but I am hoping this will not be needed.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

WC.

william76

william76

Good evening all,

With my recent jump into outdoor growing recently, there are some things I prefer to get some advice on rather than having to learn the hard way.

I moved eight different breeds from a 24/7 indoor light cycle to outdoors in the Seattle area on 8/15/14.

They are in 2 gallon plastic bag pots and all started out 12-18" tall and now are at least three feet or a little taller, not that any of this matters.

They have all done very well feeding them Flora Nova Grow initially and now Flora Nova Bloom with the feeding formulas being kept around 5.8 PH and about 1200 PPM.

I just found some stem rot/mold on the biggest plant, a breed called Deadwood, around the plants mid level buds and branches.

It appears to always start at the initial female pistol that shows at the internode of said problem areas.

This is the only breed showing this condition currently.

I have kept the plants out of any heavy rain, but still outdoors 24/7.

The night time temps have been dipping into the upper 40's on some nights recently and I am wondering how much this really can effect the stem rot/mold issue I am starting to see.

I know from my indoor growing days that some breeds are just prone to this problem no matter what you do, (Big Bud anything comes to mind).

Any advise to prevent any further mold/rot issues?

Additives to water or something like that.

If I have to, I will bring them indoors to keep them warm at night but I am hoping this will not be needed.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

WC.
There's a product called budrot stop,contains bacculis sublis that you spray on them right up to harvest,im not sure what it's called in the states,but that's ingredient,and not sure if you can use it. Outdoors either,but it's worth looking into,worked great for me a few years back,hope you get it sorted,all the best,76

Latest posts

Top Bottom