Let's talk BlueBerry

• Thread starter ~DR.GREENTHUMB~
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

~DR.GREENTHUMB~

I just started growing some BlueBerry seeds from DJ Short. I just wanted to hear from those of you with firsthand knowledge working and/or breeding with this strain.

M

Medic

Go pure organics. Blueberry doesnt like chem ferts. At least to get the best expression organics is necessary they are basically organically bred. im running his personal clone. Organics is the key to the dial in.

true grit

true grit

Medz- How do you like that Blueberry cut? Though about any blueberry diesels?

D

Dice

I grew it from 2004 tell 2006 True bluberry. It was allways sick. Every thing seemed to bother it. I grew it in mild compost and fed it mushroom compost tea and toped dressed with earth worm castings. It was tasty and had a desent stone. But what a pain didnt like to clone easy. Of course i didnt have an auto cloner then.
I couldnt get it to take to the outdoors eather.

As for breeding with it. I have. Kailmist/white widdow x True BlueBerry I call it AJD. It's awsome and the Blueberry shines trew. The kalimist adds size and wait and the white widdow makes it so resiony it's hard to roll a joint even if you really dry it out and once you rolled it good luck keeping it lite.

M

Medic

i like it man alot. To me it took bubbas and masters place. The master and bubba are a bit dankity danker in the muskyness and stone, though that blueberry has this euphoric thig going on with it. The nugs look oout of this world, the taste is great, and everyone just eats it up down here. grew the bubba for a long time, so im thinking it was the flavor that had me switch up grit. instead of the coffee smells dude, its a straight tub of freshly smashed blueberries. Not like a candy at all, though almost like real smashed blueberrie granny was getting ready to put in a pie.

the same ghani thats in bubba is the same one dj used to make blueberry. ANyone holding the real clone that can dial her in would say the same. Everything is related its not even funny. Cant see it in the crosses, but can definitely tell in the clone. His blueberry kush lines like the oldtime moonshine, im thinking is favoring the ghani side of the geneitcs.

B

Brer Rabbit

Blueberry is a light feeder especially when it comes to nitrogen. I don't think it's very fond high temps or overwatering either.

A

AlphaDog

expect some "crinkly" mutant looking plants from the thai influence, don't discard these however, the smoke is just as tasty as from all the others

L

livinglegend

the same ghani thats in bubba is the same one dj used to make blueberry. ANyone holding the real clone that can dial her in would say the same. Everything is related its not even funny.

This is the only true comment in here as far as im concerned. i have the cut.

as far as nutes go, they fuckin love them. my babies eat them up like my bubba does. so identical u couldnt tell which was which........

M

Medic

yup. same ghani am i right legend. great smoke isnt she.

Z

zoeronerer

is the ghani the oregon one?......first blue i ever had was from that state southern near shasta. was killin it.........

Z

zoeronerer

hey phd greenthumb they should do pretty good in yer packed in flood an drain system. should be a fun run. some rocks in your future

wonka

wonka

where is a reputable bank to get dj's blueberry that has it in stock???

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
A medic ever think of doing blueberry s1?

A

acubus

Ran a pack of DJ BB(my 3rd) a year and a half or so ago. 8/10 germ and 3/8 females. All 3 done in 60-66 days. Yield OK about 9 0z under a 400w hps. 2 of them were 5-6 feet tall and the last one about 3.5 feet tall from seed topped once. Flavor on the earthy kush side and high unremarkable. A few late nanners on all of them as per usual with DJ's stuff. The males didn't want to drop pollen.Some nice colors in all of them for a summer grow. No keepers, infact I found much better plants in a pack of Legends-Mountain Mix. Much, much better. A couple pics of the BB at day 55. Seems to me DJ's stuff is all so inter related and not in a really good way. I'll take some heat, but DJ imho made some bad breeding decisions in the past. I've grown enough packs of seeds to know were DJ's work stands in my opinion.

DSC00515
DSC00524
true grit

true grit

i like it man alot. To me it took bubbas and masters place. The master and bubba are a bit dankity danker in the muskyness and stone, though that blueberry has this euphoric thig going on with it. The nugs look oout of this world, the taste is great, and everyone just eats it up down here. grew the bubba for a long time, so im thinking it was the flavor that had me switch up grit. instead of the coffee smells dude, its a straight tub of freshly smashed blueberries. Not like a candy at all, though almost like real smashed blueberrie granny was getting ready to put in a pie.

the same ghani thats in bubba is the same one dj used to make blueberry. ANyone holding the real clone that can dial her in would say the same. Everything is related its not even funny. Cant see it in the crosses, but can definitely tell in the clone. His blueberry kush lines like the oldtime moonshine, im thinking is favoring the ghani side of the geneitcs.

Thanks Medic! I know DJ's seed stock has changed over time, any thoughts on where to find that cut/beans? I'm assuming if its with you and your crew, it probably is a good cut only some have. Would love a Ghani Blueberry to trump some kushes and mix it up a bit. Plus I agree, only blueberry i smoked looked great, tasted great, and was a very pleasant/euphoric stone and still strong.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Ran a pack of DJ BB(my 3rd) a year and a half or so ago. 8/10 germ and 3/8 females. All 3 done in 60-66 days. Yield OK about 9 0z under a 400w hps. 2 of them were 5-6 feet tall and the last one about 3.5 feet tall from seed topped once. Flavor on the earthy kush side and high unremarkable. A few late nanners on all of them as per usual with DJ's stuff. The males didn't want to drop pollen.Some nice colors in all of them for a summer grow. No keepers, infact I found much better plants in a pack of Legends-Mountain Mix. Much, much better. A couple pics of the BB at day 55. Seems to me DJ's stuff is all so inter related and not in a really good way. I'll take some heat, but DJ imho made some bad breeding decisions in the past. I've grown enough packs of seeds to know were DJ's work stands in my opinion.
I unfortunately have to agree, out of all the different dj blue, including the "True Blue", I have yet to find the real blueberry. I don't doubt that it is in there, somewhere, but i haven't found it. Also medic when your referring to masters are you talking about the one that is almost identical to bubba or the sensi master kush? Either way very interesting to know that they ( bubba and blue) share a parent. Has anyone gotten the real blueberry bud from seed, the one that smells and tastes like blueberry muffins, with a super euphoric high? I have only smoked the real blue twice, and that was way back in 2000., i have been searching for it ever since.

true grit

true grit

Almost positive medic is reffering to the socal master kush cut not the sensi seed. But yeah I'm curious too of it's cut only or still attainable from seed stock with a decent enough run.

O

organickat

This might sound stupid but it seems to me if you cross blueberry you get a blueberry smell or taste like blueberry/northern lights or blue cheese , blue god ect but straight blueberry or true blue I smoked from diffrent growers in diffrent states and its always a fruity /baby poo kinna smell or earthy pine thing..I gotta say blue cheese I had this summer smelled like blueberry pie to the tee and tasted like blue berry cream cheese...

I

ismokepot

The key to DJ's Blueberry is the up high, very euphoric and happy. Hints of berry throughout but only with a good cure, some plants more than others. Not real hard to grow but someplants can be picky.......

Top Bottom