Lets talk HERMS and LED's wtf

• Thread starter TimeLine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

So F me week 3.5 all strains in tent herm'ed
these were all clones from tested strains used outdoors for years never ever had an issue

Got spider farm lights and this is first time this ever happened as this is new tent..have never used LED before for a full flower cycle
kinda pissed right now

So what can cause this to happen to 3 different tested outdoor strains allat once

Checked for light leaks, zero
checked again none
checked lights seem to be on cycle
did just flip to 12/12 from 18 no downward trend to 12

temps seem super reasonable nothing super high nothing super low
about a 10 degree swing at night/off cycle that's it

some minor pruning from damaged leaves when I first got lights

blah blah
I have put these things through F'n hell outdoors for years!!! 90 to 40 temp swings
light leaks etc etc anything you can think of I have put these things through

except using LED lights
so I can't help but think they got over light stressed
anyone else have this issue?

wtf F me today..found out yesterday when I looked closely..couldn't even deal while I processed the BS
I was talking about that very thing today with a friend , I suggested led were part of the problem,there sure are a lot of hermie reports with tent grows.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
LED's are not the problem. It is either poor genetics or light leaks into the tent with lights out about 98 percent of the time!!
I agree, never had a herm in the 5 yrs I have been running leds and prob 20 different strains…

jamk911

jamk911

I only use leds.. and in about 20 grows.. with unfeminized seeds.. autos.. purple kush.. w.e.. I only got herms 2x.. one time was when I had light leaks in a closet and the other was when my heating system got shut off by my kid on accident and the temps dropped 35 degrees ..
You keep a stable environment for em.. give em a little wind w a fan for branch strength.. feed em and water em properly... theyll more often than not be pure females..
I use unfeminized seeds and usually plant double what I want to end with.. and almost always feel lucky when over 70% are females.. swear Ideal conditions form females lol.

MercDod

MercDod

Is it possible one plant hermed through genetics/phenotype and pollinated the others?

grnmtn

grnmtn

I'm using a Mars FC 4800 and if I go over 20% power at 24 inches from top of canopy, they start getting light stressed. (Mars says 50% at 18 inches during veg!) So with your lights at current power it is possible it stressed from lights?

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Is it possible one plant hermed through genetics/phenotype and pollinated the others?
Yes, one plant turning can spread pollen to every flower in your room. Your fans will just blow it around.

Top Bottom