Let's Talk Prop 64

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

I want all the personal thoughts on this prop. and why so many people wanna vote no on it?

I get that if this prop is approved then I can get my supply from Harry Dick and Jane. and not just shops. Which causes competition for us growers who are supplying these shops? but it's not like shops are going anywhere..? you'll always have them to supply. I get a strong feeling that backyard bunk is gonna be all over the place now though? I just wanna hear your thoughts and opinions on anything to do with this prop?

Growfellaz

Growfellaz

They made the bill so that it only benefits the big guys...you will only be able to grow 6 plants if your county even allows out door growing Any thing over is jail time and fine..you will only be able to carry on your self 1 oz of marijuana Any thing over 1 oz is 100 dollar fine.. medical cards will be more difficult to get regardless if prop 64 passes or not because a new law that passed in 2015 which will start in 2018...permits will most likely be expensive and it only limits you to a plant count and to have to renew amd pay every year.. it will put more of a target on stoners then leaving them alone you can't just smoke freely as you mite think it will be illegal to smoke anywear but in your home and dui on marijuana will go up look what happen to the other states that legalized... I suggest anyone that is not clear on prop 64 Google it and print it out and read all pages be for you make a decision and don't go off what you hear other people say most people have only heard word of mouth...and just because it's legal dose not mean you can now have a dirty test for a job the company can still refuse you or fire you research it...

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

So, like Colorado but more sucky. Sounds about right. @Growfellaz your advice is good to read up on the legislation but you forget potheads are lazy, 65 pages is a non-starter for many.
'F. Currently, illegal marijuana growers steal or divert millions of gallons of water without any accountability. The AUoMA will create strict environmental regulations to ensure that the marijuana is grown efficiently and legally, to regulate the use of pesticides, to prevent wasting water, and to minimize water usage. The AUoMA will crack down on the illegal use of water and punish bad actors, while providing funds to restore lands that have been damaged by illegal marijuana grows. If a business does not demonstrate they are in full compliance with the applicable water usage and environmental laws, they will have their license revoked.'

Tying cultivation to water use, over-use, and now theft of water, is a dangerous precedent. How would legislators ensure 'efficiently' grown marijuana? Who defines that term? Prevent wasting water and minimize water usage? Is a leaking hose inefficient cultivation? Is watering plants to runoff considered wasting or not minimizing usage? How does a business demonstrate compliance with wasting water or minimizing usage? I smell bullshit.

For:
http://www.legalizeca2016.com/about
Against:
http://noon64.net/

View attachment prop64.pdf
tdarian

tdarian

Prop 64 won't matter if the FEDs decide to enforce Federal law. Under Trump that is a virtual certainty.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Prop 64 won't matter if the FEDs decide to enforce Federal law. Under Trump that is a virtual certainty.
Maybe in cali, but I don't see a trump or hillary presidency being any different that obama right now, at least with how things are runnin' here. The tax man seems happy over here, cali, not so much.

Things change if that hypocritical asshat christie gets the ag. That infers that Trump wins, which is scary.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

It could be Chrstie or Juliani, both would be game over
I think the pro-cannabis lobby is stronger than ever, but we aren't out of the woods. I do think the refusal to reclassify is a disappointment.

bankcee

bankcee

so question for everyone which of you growers is pro prop64?! and why?

Major CBD

Major CBD

I may be one of the only people here who is actually read the entire voters guide for proposition 64. I'll do my best to keep it short. This bill was not for the people! This bill was not for legalization! This bill was designed to financially benefit those who are already financially successful. My two biggest concerns with proposition 64 is where the money goes and cutting out medical access to prop 215 patients. If they put the tax money into schools and the city and left proposition 215 alone I would be all for props 64 because I don't care about recreational use.

Instagram @Major_CBD
Google: Sean J Major

tdarian

tdarian

I may be one of the only people here who is actually read the entire voters guide for proposition 64. I'll do my best to keep it short. This bill was not for the people! This bill was not for legalization! This bill was designed to financially benefit those who are already financially successful. My two biggest concerns with proposition 64 is where the money goes and cutting out medical access to prop 215 patients. If they put the tax money into schools and the city and left proposition 215 alone I would be all for props 64 because I don't care about recreational use.

Instagram @Major_CBD
Google: Sean J Major

How does Prop 64 impact Prop 215? Please explain what changed for a medical only person. Thx

Major CBD

Major CBD

How does Prop 64 impact Prop 215? Please explain what changed for a medical only person. Thx

In a nutshell, Prop. 64 is extremely – and deliberately – convoluted, written to create the appearance of protection for patients, but in actuality, destroying them. For example – and this language is often quoted by Prop. 64 promoters out of context – one section says: “Nothing in this section shall be construed or interpreted to amend, repeal, affect, restrict, or preempt laws pertaining to the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 [Prop. 215].” Based on that sentence, it almost sounds like Prop. 64 leaves Prop. 215 intact. But context is everything. Look closely. That sentence does not say, “Nothing in this initiative shall be construed or interpreted to amend, repeal, affect, restrict, or preempt laws pertaining to the Compassionate Use Act of 1996”; it says, “Nothing in this section…” And the section where this disclaimer appears is 11362.3 – a section that refers only to where persons may use and possess – not cultivate:

(a) Nothing in Section 11362.1 shall be construed to permit any person to:
(1) Smoke or ingest marijuana or marijuana products in any public place, except in accordance with Section 26200 of the Business and Professions Code.
(2) Smoke marijuana or marijuana products in a location where smoking tobacco is prohibited.
…etc.

This section goes on to list a total of eight items, all related to consumption – in public, in cars, on boats, etc. At the end of that section, the disclaimer is found:

(f) Nothing in this section shall be construed or interpreted to amend, repeal, affect, restrict, or preempt laws pertaining to the Compassionate Use Act of 1996.

To reiterate, this protected section, 11362.3, only covers the rights to consume and possess. So the restrictions on smoking in public, for example, would not apply to patients, who currently may legally consume anywhere tobacco smoking is allowed. Duly noted. Now let’s get to the cultivation section.

(a) Subject to Sections 11362.2, 11362.3, 11362.4, and 11362.45, but notwithstanding any other provision of law, it shall be lawful under state and local law, and shall not be a violation of state or local law, for persons 21 years of age or older to:

(3) Possess, plant, cultivate, harvest, dry, or process not more than six living marijuana plants and possess the marijuana produced by the plants…
And here is where proponents of Prop. 64 make the misguided claim that patients would be exempt from this six-plant cultivation limit:

Nothing in section 11362.1 shall be construed or interpreted to amend, repeal, affect, restrict, or preempt: …(i) Laws pertaining to the Compassionate Use Act of 1996.

But they are wrong. This part is crucial: Despite what appears to be a blanket exemption for patients,Section 11362.1 is itself governed by, or “subject to,” another section – 11362.2 – “notwithstanding [regardless of] any other provision of law.” This is the deception. This is the section that overrides and ultimately governs 11362.1 (and by extension, Prop. 215). It can be read as: “Regardless of any other provision of law” — and that includes Prop. 215 — :

(a) Personal cultivation of marijuana under paragraph (3) of subdivision (a) of Section 11362.1 is subject to the following restrictions:

(1) A person shall plant, cultivate, harvest, dry, or process plants in accordance with local ordinances, if any, adopted in accordance with subdivision (b) of this section.
[This means that, in order to be exempt from the plant limits in 11362.1, a patient must adhere to local law. Therefore, if your city or county bans cultivation – and according to NORML, nearly 75 percent of localities either already have or are considering bans– then you cannot lawfully cultivate, regardless of what 11362.1 says.]
(2) The living plants and any marijuana produced by the plants in excess of 28.5 grams are kept within the person’s private residence, or upon the grounds of that private residence (e.g., in an outdoor garden area), are in a locked space, and are not visible by normal unaided vision from a public place.
(3)
Not more than six living plants may be planted,cultivated, harvested, dried, or processed within a single private residence, or upon the grounds of that private residence, at one time. [Bingo. The evidence you’ve been waiting for.]
(b)(1) A city, county, or city and county may enact and enforce reasonable regulations to reasonably regulate the actions and conduct in paragraph (3) of subdivision (a) of Section 11362.1.
(2) Notwithstanding paragraph (1), no city, county, or city and county may completely prohibit persons engaging in the actions and conduct under paragraph (3) of subdivision (a) of Section 11362.1 inside a private residence, or inside an accessory structure to a private residence located upon the grounds of a private residence that is fully enclosed and secure.
(3) Notwithstanding paragraph (3) of subdivision (a) of Section 11362.1, a city, county, or city and county may completely prohibit persons from engaging in actions and conduct under paragraph (3) of subdivision (a) of Section 11362.1 outdoors upon the grounds of a private residence.

While literally anyone can throw a seed outside and let Mother Nature do the rest, Prop. 64 does not grant the right to simply plant a seed in the ground and let it grow. In fact, since Prop. 64 gives cities and counties the right to ban outdoor growing, the majority of Californians will only have the option to grow indoor. But indoor cultivation requires careful attention to every minute detail – from temperature, to humidity, to nutrients, to pests; not to mention sophisticated knowledge of horticulture. And growing indoors requires a dedicated space and carries with it high potential of creating mold. Under these circumstances, few patients or, in fact, Californians as a whole, would be able to take advantage of the highly-restrictive privilege to grow their own.

Once and for all, this is the proof we’ve all been seeking. It is now apparent that Prop. 64 does notprotect a patient’s most hard-won right: the right to cultivate their own medicine in quantities necessary for their particular ailments.

Major CBD

Major CBD

Proposition 64 passed because nobody read the voters guide and people wanted to vote on something historic. We owe proposition 64 to the baby boomers and the millennials.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I love all these props that give all the local control to the townships and villages ect, When they put all the control at the local level you can just about forget it unless you have deep pockets

tangiekosher

tangiekosher

Also being a socal native I hear now in specific cites within cali can ban it all together . Meaning no plants outdoor or indoor period. Also prop 215 is still in effect untill they take it out . 64 is only going to sell in leagal stores that tax 400 on crap ozs. It is gonna run about 250k on a license to sell at a store and any medical weed store that operated during prop 215 can no longer re new there licences and open leagal store fronts . They will have new test for dui and can be the smallest amount in your system. Meaning for anyone on 0 tolerance for prior dui would face possible jail time . Plants can be grown prop 64 now for anyone over 21 and 6 per household no matter how many people live there . Outdoor in closed or 6 ft perimeter and can't be seen by public view . The good thing is should maybe offer some hourly wage jobs for most knowledgeable marijuana growers to grow for the big guys. Like seed company owners like DNA or many other who plan to expand to California.

Last edited:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Also being a socal native I hear now in specific cites within cali can ban it all together . Meaning no plants outdoor or indoor period. Also prop 215 is still in effect untill they take it out . 64 is only going to sell in leagal stores that tax 400 on crap ozs. It is gonna run about 250k on a license to sell at a store and any medical weed store that operated during prop 215 can no longer re new there licences and open leagal store fronts . They will have new test for dui and can be the smallest amount in your system. Meaning for anyone on 0 tolerance for prior dui would face possible jail time . Plants can be grown prop 64 now for anyone over 21 and 6 per household no matter how many people live there . Outdoor in closed or 6 ft perimeter and can't be seen by public view . The good thing is should maybe offer some hourly wage jobs for most knowledgeable marijuana growers to grow for the big guys. Like seed company owners like DNA or many other who plan to expand to California.
But like, legalization an' shit man. Don't worry about the fine print, voters tl;dr shit all the time. Deep pockets always win. Or something.

tdarian

tdarian

Jeff Sessions indicated during his confirmation hearing that the Justice department will not "look the other way" regarding the enforcement of Federal marijuana laws. He no longer wants the death penalty for trafficking, so there's that.

From Quartz regarding todays hearing:

Marijuana policy
Sessions has been critical of marijuana legalization, famously saying that “Good people don’t smoke marijuana.” But at the hearing he sounded less staunch in his opposition to liberalizing drug laws.
While he did not commit to keeping Obama’s policies on state marijuana laws, which include not prosecuting users of medical marijuana, he said some of them were “truly valuable” for helping the federal government evaluate which cases to prosecute. When asked whether he still believes that marijuana trafficking should be punished by the death penalty, he said no.

Top Bottom