LETS TALK PUMPS

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
As some of your know I hand water coco DTW. I use a 55 gal Barrel on wheels, plastic tubing, water wand and a pond master mag drive pump 1200 specs here>>>

So Ive had the above pump for mabe 2 years and it went out on me last night( i took it apart to check the impeller and components)

Point of this thread is I need to buy a new pump, and before I buy another inline mag drive pump like this one, I was also looking at the Mondi sump found here>>>
http://www.mondiproducts.com/products/commercial/Mondi-Utility-Sump-Pump-1585X-Gold-Series

I like this pump because its made for the application of how i use the pump and also its low water clearance. It can draw water from less than an inch vs the 7-8 inch clearance of the mag drive pumps.
I dont like is the 2 yr warranty (pond masters come with longer),
I dont know of anybody using it(most people with pumps here on the farm use inline pumps because of the type set up they run, i.e. DWC).

Should I stick with inline pumps like danner/pond master or is this Mondi pump a good pump for my application?

confu

BTW before anybody suggests I use the warranty on my current pump, Ive lost my reciept, cant remember where I bought it, and completely took it apart(and broke it more) so returning it is out of the question.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

honestly 2 years for a pump you use regularly isnt too bad

i use a mondi but not the gold series, works fine for me. think i paid $80 for a 1000gph

i would use a sump pump over the inline for cost reasons

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
honestly 2 years for a pump you use regularly isnt too bad

i use a mondi but not the gold series, works fine for me. think i paid $80 for a 1000gph

i would use a sump pump over the inline for cost reasons

Thnx for the response @mastacheeser , yea man u bring up a couple good points, and im hard on my pumps, I usually get fine coco in the feed water I never ran a pond screener bag on it( although I think i will from now on) Because of the design, I would run it with to low of water and im sure that didnt help either. I beat that pump up not suprised i got less than 2 years out of it. If I can spend 100ish$ every couple years for a pump, im cool with that.

Honestly, I just bought an inexpensive 1/6hp sump pump from Lowe's several years ago and that's what I've been using ever since.

1/6 pump seems kinda to "low flow" for how i use it. Hows the water pressure on that. I feed out of a 55 gal barrel so I need atleast a 5 ft head consideration. I likey inexpensive...

confu

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use it in my 45gal trash can. It's not a huge amount of push, but it's enough to get my watering needs done. I need a battery-operated pump like that for using out on the back 40, though. If you feel 1/6 is too little, do 1/3hp, they're not that much more expensive. If you buy it from an outfit like Lowe's and you have one of those cards (where they have your email addy and such) then they'll keep receipt records for you.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I use it in my 45gal trash can. It's not a huge amount of push, but it's enough to get my watering needs done. I need a battery-operated pump like that for using out on the back 40, though. If you feel 1/6 is too little, do 1/3hp, they're not that much more expensive. If you buy it from an outfit like Lowe's and you have one of those cards (where they have your email addy and such) then they'll keep receipt records for you.

NIce, always good info @Seamaiden. thnx hun

confu

Tank333

Tank333

My partner and I shop for all our hardware and lumber at Lowes. We really like how they keep track of our purchases and it makes it easy to keep records of them. Makes it simple for splitting expenses when he pays for everything up front and I'm just running a tab with him...

Top Bottom